Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X too early on the market

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: PA3X too early on the market Reply with quote

When I read about the small and bigger issues with the PA3X, I come to the conclusion that this keyboard was brought to the market too early.
I was considering maybe buying one, but I will wait until the issues have been solved.
The new OS probably (hopefully) will solve most troubles.

Until then... good luck to all the PA3X-players.
(I'm not being cynical).

Play in style. Wink
keysman

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't agree.
I have had my Pa3X 76 since February & gig with it most weekends & she is absolutely faultless. I also carry out plenty of sequencing during the weekdays with new numbers for the repertoire & haven't encountered any issues.
With high tech instruments of today the majority of the problems are not the instrument but the user not fully understanding some of the complex functions.
Try to read between the lines of reported bugs, faults etc because I can assure you the positives far out way the negatives.

John
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I come to the conclusion that this keyboard was brought to the market too early.

Couldn’t disagree more.
I'm enjoying my Pa3X every day and I’d recommend one to anyone.

Awsome instrument...!!!!!

Regards
Sharp.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with mine, other than I don't like the way some of the endings cut off abruptly. Can't believe this doesn't bother others, but I can work around it.
Operation has been faultless.
DonM
Bob H2

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It bothers me a lot, Don. I find that i'm doing a lot of style editing. It's a great keyboard, probably the best available now, but some things bother me a lot. Like the issue with ensemble harmony cutting off abruptly if you use an ending1 as well as similar issues with intro1 and ensemble harmony. I can find no logic for some of these software design "features". I also think that the replacement battery will not solve the problem with the clock. BUT, the good far outweighs the bad.
ruifa

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all

I have to say that my pa3x performed since last August in almost 100 gigs using sequencing and styles and all worked fine.

I just wonder if KORG TEAM will improve some few important things like the ability to use the assignable switches or pad buttos to trigger song markers because the display is for other things and everyone that perform live need this function..!
I would like also to have a ready machine when start up.... come on KORG the good old days where we have to wait for sample loading is gone....
Now there are so many ways to make it FLASH ROM!!!!

Another thing is to improve the touch screen,... i think my PA800 had a better response in the touch screen.
Also in sampling mode we need more tools and an easier way to delete a group of samples and not one by one....maybe some kind of way of multi-select....

Of course there are some kore little things but besides this improvements i think are necesary im very happy with my PA3x

Best regards to all
Ruifa
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not convinced.
I'll wait until the new OS is available and considered stable.
And maybe for a price-drop, because I think PA3X is still a bit overpriced in the Netherlands.
In Italy it's about 500 euro's cheaper. One Europe, yeah right.

Play in style. Wink
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heave So many friends here , They don,t wanna Buy it now, they are waiting the new OS, And , I Say they are dummys, Couse, This is it, whit a new OS, The KB will not be , A NEW KB, it,s 3 X Anyway, I just hope the OS is better.

If the NEW OS Can Make the usage of 1 GB Ram, Than i respect KORG Team!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly believe that sometimes we seem to be unfair !
KorgPa Team provided us the most powerful machine out there with features
that truly opened new horizons in sound development.
As a forum we express our opinion of disadvantages , defects or OPS bugs , wish lists ect
and somebody can be easily leaded to wrong conclusions when reading complains all time !

I’m sound engineer and developer , designing and creating my own VSTi’s from scratch
and for the first time a Keyboard like Pa2-3X gave me at last the features to approach
sample modeling I usually apply in Kontakt sampler with excellent results !
The same concept was fully failed in Kronos that is many steps behind ( in HD module) !
Personally I thank KorgPa team for being one year owner of Pa3X the most featured sampler
in keyboards industry , I’ve created a fabulous group of vintage instruments that I couldn’t ever
believe that is possible to achieve , I know in first hand all bugs and defects of present OPS
and I ensure you that they’re insignificant at all compared with that unique machine !
OPS as software , always has an improving update that will follow , but hardware must be
present and indeed is !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Asena my friend

Quote:
I heave So many friends here , They don,t wanna Buy it now, they are waiting the new OS, And , I Say they are dummys, Couse, This is it, whit a new OS, The KB will not be , A NEW KB, it,s 3 X Anyway, I just hope the OS is better.
If the NEW OS Can Make the usage of 1 GB Ram, Than i respect KORG Team!

I am sad to hear you so often very upset with Korg and the PA3X. When you have very specific requirements from a keyboard such as the PA series, I think it is best NOT to buy if those specifications are not suitable. I can only guess (as I don't know the details) that your problems and concerns may possibly be addressed with a combination of keyboards and/or software. A lot of the general wish-list items are fine but are just wishes. I don't and can't imagine that Korg will implement wishes but rather implement improvements and some new features as they have done in the past. If all the wish-list items were implemented, there would instantly be a new wish-list just as large. I find that the great thing about Korg PA is flexibility - on the Korg PA, if you don't like it, you can change it - flexibility is the key.

My Korg PA3X (arrives tomorrow - I hope) and my Korg M3 are an absolute perfect combination - the 2 keyboards are so so different and hence open new horizons in creativity.

Please don't misunderstand me, this is not an argument, just my thoughts. I hope you can find a way of getting your PA3X to fit your needs.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: HELLO KARMA Reply with quote

I hope you are ok, And Heave finn whit Music And PA 3.

I,m the one of the first PA3X Owner, I love the Idea behind it, But When i think what happened to me in this One year of heaving PA3X, i,m not happy!

My Pa3X, Had Memory Problem, Like I toke my 256 From 2X And Changed the 128 that 3X Comes whit!

There is Nails on the side of Ram Slots, One of them was not Holding the RAM in Possition, So, Silver Stage Teyp was the Sollution, 4 Times In Gig, The ram jumped out from the Slot, NO CONNECTION = NO SOUNDS FROM RAM!

Many Times i Make my Samples And, Before The UPDATES, I Had to Restart over and Over again, Like My Guitar sounds I Placed on USER bank 4.

That sounds Are Gone!

There is NOISE from The Unit when its OF!

And belive me there are More to complaint, BUT, Even in this condition, I Like it.

KORG is God KB, But There many things that we know, The 3X Series can be better, Sound editing on it is not the best way, Style editing In it , Is Not Professional, And We must load the Sounds that is Samples to see and Hear if we like it!

I hope, like many of us, It can be better, If Korg Provides us , and listen to us, There can be Many Sollutions, to fix a PC/MAC based Program, that 3 X is working whit!

I Heave Tyros 4 to, And The Planning of the Sounds Are Much better, Styles are more Complicated, And Pro, Overal sounds are Amazing on it!

The only thing i need now is not a NWE KB, Just A Working KB, That is Comfortable, And whit an OS That does what they promise.

All the other things, Comes in the time i hope.

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope the new OS solves some of your heartache. It should be with us in a few weeks.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fransman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: HELLO KARMA Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

I Heave Tyros 4 to, And The Planning of the Sounds Are Much better, Styles are more Complicated, And Pro, Overal sounds are Amazing on it!

I have a Yamaha PSR S910, and I agree with you about most of the SOUNDS. They are indeed very, very good. And Tyros 4 is even better sounding.
But I DON'T agree about the STYLES. Besides my S910 styles, I have all Tyros 3 and 4 styles, in fact: all Yamaha factory styles. Almost all of them play well in S910.
Most of them sound ok, but not great.
Some of them are truly great; sometimes even a bit "too good"; too "well-produced", so they don't sound like live playing anymore. "In general" I liked the Korg styles in my PA500 better.
I don't know exactly what it is. I find the Megavoices guitars in the styles sound too similar. Most styles sound very repetitive. I get bored with most of them quite fast.
I almost never experienced that with my PA500. I loved most of those styles. They sound much more musical, well to my ears that is. I have some PA800 styles converted for S910, but they don't get near the soundquality they have in a Korg machine.

In fact, the quality of the styles is a reason for me to plan a change-back to Korg. Maybe PA3X, when the new OS arrives and gets good critics.
But I'm not in a hurry, because S910 is truly great fun to play with.

Play in style. Wink
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fransman,

Yes T 4 And YAMAHA, Styles is little strange, Some of the styles sounding very repetitive, also sounding poor, I play slow and pop music, sometimes Dance, There is superb programmed Dance Music styles on it, And the Slow Styles are super, But like the old YAMAHA,s The styles are made for Waltz rumba cha cha Is The same, In so many many years YAMAHA did not change it, Casio comes out whit so many KB,s and in each one Is new Style concept!

Strange, I love sounds on YAMAHA And Styles On 3X, Combination of them 2 is awesome,

They promised NEW Sounds On New OS, I Hope it,s even better than what we got for now.

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: