Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mic sound drop out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vago

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: mic sound drop out Reply with quote

Is there any fix for this ? Can it be something with firmware, or is it a hardware failor ? Maybe some workaround to avoid it ?
Any help would be much prisieted.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try turning OFF the Gate and Compressor in the mic menu. Perhaps the levels are set too high to get a good mic signal all the time.
I'm not sure I like the "Adaptive" software at all. I have mine off and get a better sound.
I hope this is the problem.
DonM
vago

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I´ll try it. The problem is, that it happens only periodicly, ones in every 30 minutes, and the mic sound comes back after a while withoult any adjustment.
Best regards,
vago
vago

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DonM

Many thanks again for your advice, it seems to solve the problem after several hours of testing the mic works as it should be. Strange, this new feture of "adoptive" sound makes things worse insted of the opposite. There must be other Pa3X owners with same annoying problem.

Best regards,
vago
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you figured it out and that I was able to help.
I play a sit-down job 5 nights a week, and I have experimented with eight different mics, and every setting imaginable. My conclusion, at least for now, is that I sound better with all the automatic stuff turned off, and the compressor and gate set to zero, regardless of the mic I'm using.
DonM
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive only used the mic once on a gig, and I had the same experience, where it suddenly cut off.

It was in the middle of a dance set and I had to unplug the mic from the keyboard, and replug it directly into my mixer, while playing solo. Not fun.

I've been afraid to use it since.

Has it been confirmed that this is a software issue rather than hardware, and has Korg addressed it?

Thanks!
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than what I mentioned above, that is merely an adjustment in the mic settings, there hasn't really been an issue. If yours isn't working properly after changing mic settings on compressor and gate, I would contact the company from which I purchased it and ask them for help.
DonM
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, Don.

I inferred from your initial post and from your answer that using the compressor and/or gate on any setting is risky. To my mind, that is a software issue, as it ought to be reasonable to expect these features to work. Am I wrong?
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think that if you tinker with the settings and get them adjusted to your own voice, microphone and preferences, they will work fine. I just find it easier right now to turn them off and do it manually.
I have seen very little discussion on the mic settings, so they must be working o.k. for most people.
I am still not totally satisfied with the sound I'm getting but the audience seem to like it, so it can't be far off.
It seems to me that the knob that adjusts the amount of effects is way too sensitive. I seem to have trouble getting just enough--not too much, not too little--reverb.
DonM
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic got me to thinking about the mic settings again, so tonight before I started work (regular 4-hour gig) I reset everything.
I used a Sennheiser 855 mic, turned on the automatic processing and set it to 30, and turned on the Warmth as well.
I left the automatic off the Compressor, and had the Gate completely off.
I left just a small amount on the Compressor, don't remember the exact number now.
Anyway, the mic performed flawlessly and may have been the best I've made it sound so far.
Just thought it would be interesting to share what settings we are using on the mic and the MAXX stuff.
DonM
vago

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatlely the problem with mic drop out returned, but now at least the drop out is completly. No more sound at all in the mic input. It must be a hardware issue, I hope the Korg service can help to resolve it.
vago

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a full factory reset the mic works again, no problems at all. Then again, it must be a software (firmware) problem withoult any explanation. Are there any users, who experienced something like this ?
JayLou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently having the same issue. Mic just drops out for no reason. Tried using condenser mic with phantom power. Thought this fixed the problem but just dropped out again tonight. I'm gonna try the Gate setting to see if this helps.
JayLou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try a factory reset to see if this fixes issues.
JayLou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the factory reset. Still issues with mic. When I unplug the cable coming from the back of the keyboard and plug it back in the mic starts working. Will keep posting as I go forward with trying to resolve mic drop out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: