Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

diagnosis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnroney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: diagnosis Reply with quote

ha. so, got it.
bad move, korg, if that's the case... it really sucks.

so, after various attempts - it would seem:
there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to have an external controller redirected to MIDI OUT of the microstation - either USB or MIDI OUT...
essentially, no MIDI 'thru' - although not really the best application of thru.

by diagnosing the problem, i can set global channel on MS to ch. 12, let's say...
so that, i can have an external controller on ch. 1 (for simplicity)...
anything on ch. 1 that is INTERNAL - will sound, via midi in from the controller.
anything on ch. 12 that is INTERNAL - will be played via the MS keyboard.
COOL...

what is NOT COOL: if there are other channels set to EXT or EXT2 = ALL (yup, ALL) of these channels (or tracks) MUST be played on the MS keyboard in order to send information.
what the hell good is that? why don't i just assign them to GLOBAL? there is a redundancy that doesn't gain anything - and, in fact, midi in/out CANNOT be patched in any way, using the onboard OS, or the editor...

totally not kablamo, korg.... (to quote the lonely island)... i'm gonna throw mine on the ground.
stray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, this post just answered my question.. was looking everywhere to try and find out how to do this.. at least i know its not possible! strange it isnt available..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: