Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg extends Oasys credits till end of May

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naviára

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Korg extends Oasys credits till end of May Reply with quote

Today I got this letter from Korg:

Dear Anthony,

Thank you again for being an OASYS owner, and we hope you are continuing to enjoy our OASYS and KRONOS Music Workstations.

Previously, we informed you about some KRONOS Web Shop credits that were given as our thanks for being a loyal OASYS user. Since then, we have released numerous KRONOS sound libraries, with more content coming in the very near future.

Your credits were set to expire on March 31st. We would now like to extend this expiration date to May 31st, so your choices can include Korg's soon-to-be-released content.

According to our records, your current personal credits total is:
$xxx

Note that these credits may be used to purchase Korg-produced KRONOS Sound Libraries only; products from third parties are not eligible. Only actual purchases of OASYS software options qualify for credits; options registered for free do not qualify. All credits will expire on May 31, 2012.

To redeem your personal credits, enter the following code during checkout in the online KRONOS shop, at https://www.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries.

Thank you again for being a Korg customer.

Best regards,
KORG
Korg gear: Triton Extreme 61 MOSS / OASYS 88 #1722

http://soundcloud.com/anthony-walters
http://www.naviara.de
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I got the email as well.

Last edited by Davidb on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:48 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hermanmusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.
But I still lack a way to justify purchasing a Kronos.
Synergy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I tried out the 88-key Kronos at a local store. I really didn't mind the gap between the keybed. Before noticing that famed voice stealing problems I've read on the Kronos forum, I realized that the display model had a few annoying keys like that of Nephilim's bucktooth. They simply wouldn't pressed in unless I hit them hard. Not only I felt sorry for the owners but for Korg who made the business decision to implement such trouble prone keybeds. I wouldn't be surprised if Korg lost more money from repairing the keybeds than the profit gained from the owners of Oasys who transitioned to Kronos.

I'm one of those who spent full retail price on the mighty O when it first came out. I did like the Kronos' new strings, pipe organs, sparkling elec. pianos, brass sounds that are not presented in Oasys. The new pipe organ and the brass presets made me holier for a brief moment but the $100 credit incentive won't convince me to buy Kronos. When there are no other presets to play around, I simply go right back to Korg's very own California Phase Shifter preset that transcends 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's...

I suppose there is that potential for Korg to gain from Oasys when the sale of Kronos levels out.
http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=214
Dany

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I've received two letters as an owner of two OASYS-88, I just received one single e-mail regarding the extension of the offer limit.

The way Korg is handling their OASYS customers is an insult.

How can they expect from us - after having invested a lot of money in an almost perfectly designed piece of beautiful musical hardware, fulfilling professional needs, advertised with the promise of "new synthesis methods for creating sound (EXi Expansion Instruments), new effects (EXf Expansion Effects), and additional ROM libraries (EXs Expansion Sample Libraries) that can be added to the sonically-rich choices already in the OASYS, ensuring that OASYS will remain the centerpiece of your musical world well into the future“ - to spend money for a piece of hardware junk with an inferior hardware design that is insufficient for professional needs, like the horrible looking and cheaply built Kronos, especially considering the fact, that Kronos EXi's like the "EP-1 MDS Electric Piano" would also run on the OASYS, because the Ep-1 doesn't depend on the new streaming technology of Kronos?!

I am happy with my two OASYS (which were my first purchase of any Korg product) and I will enjoy them for many years to come, because even as a controller, the OASYS' fatar keyboard is just outstanding to play and the OASYS just looks good on the stage and has the aura of a real musical instrument and not the aura of a cheap CASIO toy like the Kronos.

But anyway, I am afraid, I have to forget the company called Korg for the rest of my life, as a part of my anger management strategy.

So please Korg, stop spamming me in the future with your presumptuous e-mail offers! As you see, each time you are rubbing salt into old wounds...

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvil
tiggie_00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone want to sell there expansion offer code??? pm me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: