Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

128 COMBI for Live performance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackOasys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: 128 COMBI for Live performance Reply with quote

128 combi patch purposely programmed and equalized for live performance on Korg Microstation. Split keys, multilayer, panpot, power bass, polyphony, dinamics, real time controls: all ready to use. Powerful classic, lead, pad, guitars, mellotron, vocals, and strange sounds. Simple load operation in GLB/MEDIA mode, from PCG file in USER bank.
info: jackoasys@libero.it

Here a short audio demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUGx2Wd4JA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ihsp8BjceY

Upgrade version 2.0 - 128+128new combi setup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYCYBss82ho

Last edited by JackOasys on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
LFCMusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some patches are nice but for $85??? That's crazy!!!

I'm ok making my own or using Korgman's free patches.

-Past Gear-
Korg: M50, Trinity, Triton, 01WFD, 05RW, X5D, SP-100 & N364
Yamaha: Motif 8
JackOasys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy? 50eurocent per sound?.... well, good job...
Oasys official 128 combi patch 246$... is not crazy?
LFCMusic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the price should be about $16 (US Dollars) if you use the OASYS equations value.

1/32 percential of the instrument's New value.
246 x 32 = 7872

OASYS- $8000
Sounds- $246

Microstation- $500
Sounds- $16

Not $85!!!

Even at a used price value, its still less.

Depreciation Value:

OASYS- $3000
Sounds- $246 (1/13 net value)

That's a 1/13 net value.

Microstation- $350
Sounds- $27 (1/13 net value)

Again... not $85.

The math is all wrong.

According to you, you want to charge a 1/6 percential value.
Thats way too much.

Kronos even has their 128 "Pro Splits & Layers" set for $20.
1/150 percential value.
$20 x 150 = $3000
$4.17 x 150 = $500 ( New value)

Thats why most people just share their sounds.

-Past Gear-
JackOasys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ah ah... bizarre theory to judge a job...
(how mutch lost time spend to calculate!!!)
well, than microstation sound quality is proportional to his price...
in any case nobody is obliged to buy...
Smile Very Happy
I respect your opinion
Thanks and regards
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joke mode:

Maybe I also should do some math Smile

Let's say you spend 50 hours for those sounds. I spend around 500 hours for creating PCG Tools. So I can sell it for $850. There were 400 people download it. That is $340K (I would quite my job).

Instead I added a donation button. That resulted in almost E 150 let's assume $200). That is $200 for 500 hours of work = 40 cents/hour.
For your 50 hours (just a guess) it would result in a price when it would be bought for also 400 times in 3,75 cents instead of $85.

End of joke mode

However I wish you good luck of course. As you say, nobody is obliged to buy.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JackOasys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right!
different points of view
in the past also I have donated many things without to receive thanks
let's go with the next calculator man...
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise, I find it a bit sillly that people keep complaining about the prices. This is like arguing with a painter over the cost of the paint and canvas. If someone happens to want a nice chunk of money for the time and effort he put into programming and you want the patches, pay up. We all own the same synth here, afterall. It's not like there's anything stopping you from creating your own patches and doing the same.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
LFCMusic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't bring out the calculator until JackOasys made the comparison to the OASYS which by him doing so, opened the discussion on price comparison.

In my opinion it was like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Civic.

You don't have to agree nor do I want to force you to agree.

Everyone has a price on their mind on what they're willing to spend. I paid $100 for 256 EXB on the M3. I thought it was a fair price being that I was going to be able to take advantage of all of the of the new Piano and Orchestra sets. I wasn't obilgated, but I bought it.

Everyone has price on what they think they're work is worth. I have no problems with that.

Just keep in mind that if you post a new product whether free or for sale, expect to hear compliments, complaints or suggestions.
Even if it was free, people might say, " I know its free but its not worth downloading." or " Wow, I got it free but I wouldn't have mind to have paid for it."

Its not all about happy and positive posts.

We are allowed to post our opinions, views, aggreements as well as disagreements and no one is obligated to agree or disagree.

That's what the posts are for and that's what I did. Just check the other forums.

I find it a bit really silly too when someone has to post about how silly a complaint about price is. Especially, when the post is selling a product.

-Past Gear-
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post was not an offense, sorry if it look like that.

Everybody is free to set a price, if it is too high it will not be sold as much and if it was too low one doesn't earn money enough.

The market working will decide.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LFCMusic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear a few things...

Please do check out the youtube links. Its always great when someone creates music or custom sounds on their boards regardless of opinion.

Some sounds were pretty good and some appeared to be pretty basic combi's. In no way does that mean the composer didn't put countless hours into it. Only a few small sounds would be usable in my situation. I am not speaking on behalf of everyone. Just for myself. My thought process is coming from someone who creates 99.99% of their work.

If someone who isn't to familiar with their board or doesn't have the time to create sounds, then $85 might be the right price for them.

To others with the same situation it might be too high or...

They might think its a steal at $85!!!

To each their own and let's all just make some MUSIC!!!!

-Past Gear-
JackOasys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I apologize for my bad English
I respect all opinions (all), including criticism
I have no problem with anyone who confront
And I am not offended with anyone
My congratulations to Michelkeijzers for PcgTools
I preferred to hear from you opinions and criticisms on the sounds
Greetings to all

Jack
Mahalo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is GREAT that JackOasys offers his work for sale and the price is up to him and prospective buyers. I would pay $85 for exactly the right sounds for live gigs but for me that means replacing an Arranger keyboard, so the drumming and percussion is essential, also I like variety using overlapping splits ...

in short, this is very personal to find exactly what each individual wants, but thanks Jack for posting and making these available.

Also the EQ and other touches, that is very important and I truly want someone to tidy up my own work ...
JackOasys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahalo wrote:
I think it is GREAT that JackOasys offers his work for sale and the price is up to him and prospective buyers. I would pay $85 for exactly the right sounds for live gigs but for me that means replacing an Arranger keyboard, so the drumming and percussion is essential, also I like variety using overlapping splits ...

in short, this is very personal to find exactly what each individual wants, but thanks Jack for posting and making these available.

Also the EQ and other touches, that is very important and I truly want someone to tidy up my own work ...

Thanks for your comment
The next sound bank will contain drum loop and arrangements
impossible to please everyone with only one bank of 128 sounds...
EQ is very important to have a "punch" sound in the mix of a band
and this is my attention in my job, i hope to hear the difference...
Thank you Mahalo!
randyrocker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: 128 COMBI for Live performance Reply with quote

JackOasys wrote:
128 combi patch purposely programmed and equalized for live performance on Korg Microstation. Split keys, multilayer, panpot, power bass, polyphony, dinamics, real time controls: all ready to use. Powerful classic, lead, pad, guitars, mellotron, vocals, and strange sounds. Simple load operation in GLB/MEDIA mode, from PCG file in USER bank.
info: jackoasys@libero.it

Here a short audio demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUGx2Wd4JA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ihsp8BjceY

Im new to the Korg Forum's but not to Forum's I have been on the Internet since before it was the Internet my daytime job is a Computer Engineer and On Forums I am very active on so many... I am a musican not a keyboardist I did take classical lessons for 5 years and can play but not to the level that I would call my self s keyboardist.. No I am a guitar player I play almost all Genre's Ive been playing gosh 32 years now. I make a bunch of patches for low to High end guitar equipment and I have never charged a dime for them... My though on this is simple... You lack the understanding of what a community is.. Firstly secondly this time you put in.. Well you did it for yourself firstly do no sweat off your back.. Same thing when I make 100's of patches. My opinion as a semi-professional Musician is simple. You should not be charging for these patches at all.. You should be assisting your fellow musicians first and at most ask for a donation you would be surprised at home many people do donate... So these unknown hours you spent benefited you and you have no feeling to assist the community? What the freak is wrong with you? You remind me of the many many players I have kicked out of bands over the years... If you are not doing this for the Love of music man then something is wrong... I wont say what it is..

Now what I would suggest to you si simple. Go into a quiet place in your house or dwelling take a book of the history of music with you.. all the way back to atleast all the Great Masters.. and simply "Rethink your life"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: