Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tip: Creating the perfect Multisample extremely fast.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Tip: Creating the perfect Multisample extremely fast. Reply with quote

Hi all.
Going by the book, a perfect and evenly sampled Multisample will have 13 samples.
Each sample within the multisample will be streached up and down 2 semitones from the original note.

What most people don’t realise is that the Triton can actually tell you what notes to sample, and it will even write the correct settings into the Multisample automatically for you.

Providing that is you do this….

Go to Sampling Mode, and select a memory location where you would like to create your new Multisample.

Press the Menu button and go to page 3 “Multisample”.
Select the Preference tab from the bottom of the screen.
Enter in the following settings.

Position = Right
Zone Range = 5 Keys
Original Key Position = Center

Now press the Exit button to return to the Sampling Page.
Make sure that the “Origkey” is set to C2
And change the Top Key Value to D2.

From now on the Triton will enter in all the correct settings all on it’s own.

All you have to do now is sample the “Origkey” that’s displayed on the screen.
So sample the C2 note. Once you sampled that, press “Create”. The Triton will automatically tell you what note to sample next (the OrigKey), and again after you have sampled that note, press create.

Keep going until you have created 13 samples.

You do not have to touch any other settings. The Triton will automatically setup the Multisample perfectly so that each “OrigKey” sample will be stretched up and down by 2 semitones.

Regards.
Sharp.
DA RIPPER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again good look out sharp!!!!!!1
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice, thanks Smile
McHale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this works in the Classic as well.

Sharp. Has much changed from the classic to the studio (and even the eXtreme) as far as programming patches and sampler stuff?

-Mc
justin_nys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips shapr! and I got a question here!
i've used the method above and succesfully sampled a Piano/EP sound from my Yamaha keyboard...i'm done with with all the sample editing and converted it to a program...but there's one problem...i can't control the velocity and the after touch thing...no matter how hard or soft i press the key the volume is still the same...can't play softer or play with dynamics...can someone give me a hand on this?
and what effects should i put in a Piano/EP to spice it up..any recommendations? thanks Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justin_nys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: RE: Creating the perfect Multisample extremely fast. Reply with quote

sharp wrote:
Hi all.
Going by the book, a perfect and evenly sampled Multisample will have 13 samples.
Each sample within the multisample will be streached up and down 2 semitones from the original note.

What most people don’t realise is that the Triton can actually tell you what notes to sample, and it will even write the correct settings into the Multisample automatically for you.

Providing that is you do this….

Go to Sampling Mode, and select a memory location where you would like to create your new Multisample.

Press the Menu button and go to page 3 “Multisample”.
Select the Preference tab from the bottom of the screen.
Enter in the following settings.

Position = Right
Zone Range = 5 Keys
Original Key Position = Center

Now press the Exit button to return to the Sampling Page.
Make sure that the “Origkey” is set to C2
And change the Top Key Value to D2.

From now on the Triton will enter in all the correct settings all on it’s own.

All you have to do now is sample the “Origkey” that’s displayed on the screen.
So sample the C2 note. Once you sampled that, press “Create”. The Triton will automatically tell you what note to sample next (the OrigKey), and again after you have sampled that note, press create.

Keep going until you have created 13 samples.

You do not have to touch any other settings. The Triton will automatically setup the Multisample perfectly so that each “OrigKey” sample will be stretched up and down by 2 semitones.

Regards.
Sharp.

Thanks for the tips sharp! and guys I got a question here!
i've used the method above and succesfully sampled a Piano/EP sound from my Yamaha keyboard...i'm done with with all the sample editing and converted it to a program...but there's one problem...i can't control the velocity and the after touch thing...no matter how hard or soft i press the key the volume is still the same...can't play softer or play with dynamics...can someone give me a hand on this?
and what effects should i put in a Piano/EP to spice it up..any recommendations? thanks Smile

P/S: I've posted this question in the classic thread...i just post here again coz it seems like this thread gets more replies...Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Yeah, just edit the program by going to Page 4 (Edit – Amp).
Select the “Amp 1 mod” tab at the bottom of the page.
Adjust the Amp Modulation / Velocity Intensity to whatever setting suites your needs. I would suggest around +65.

If you created a double OSC program, you will have to switch over to “Amp 2 mod” page and do the same there. If it’s a single OSC program, then don’t worry, the option to edit “Amp 2 mod” will not be available.

Save your changes.
That it really.

Regards.
Sharp.
justin_nys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot sharp Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: