Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combi melody louder than live keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KORG2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Combi melody louder than live keyboard Reply with quote

What I find annoying is, that the volume of the combi pattern is too loud for my taste. I can change the volume with a knob, but this only changes the whole (master) volume. Is it possible to change the volume of the combi sound played with the left hand so that the right hand sounds are louder?
Mahalo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many work arounds for this problem, but it comes back to my point that Korg did not think through all the ways we want to USE the microSTATION, and that is not a fault, it is just they did not realise how great the opportunities are with this machine.

You have a long road ahead of you with the editors to resolve all this.

Which combi are you trying to change, is it a factory one?

Some of the FX have compressors - Guitar Combi - Killer Gtr for example, which means that whatever volume you set on the guitar tracks, the guitar will drown out the drums and nothing can be done about that - the volume is fixed at very loud AFTER the main mixing of the 16 tracks. It is the same with real guitarists, wish I had a knob to turn them down sometimes!
KORG2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean all combis. So far, I use the microStation just for live playing with the factory sounds and combis. I try to "workaround" this annoying problem by pressing the left keys softer and the right keys harder but this doesn't really help much.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 18 in the parameter guide shows the "COMBI EDIT" menu path you want to follow to get to either "Amp" or "AmpVel Int." If you've downloaded the manual, it will be on PDF page number 25.

Amp will allow you to adjust the volume of each individual track within a Combi, then AmpVel is for adjusting the amp based on velocity.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Mahalo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
AmpVel is for adjusting the amp based on velocity.

Surely Amp Vel Intensity set at zero should mean the combi responds to live keyboard playing exactly the same as the original Program setting. And surely this is the normal default setting, if the manual is accurate.

KORG2, you have already tried editing the factory combis volume track by track using the editor software, that works fine for me.

I generally need MORE bass on the factory sounds, I generally add an extra bass track for that.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahalo wrote:
Surely Amp Vel Intensity set at zero should mean the combi responds to live keyboard playing exactly the same as the original Program setting. And surely this is the normal default setting, if the manual is accurate.

Amp Vel can be set to negative vaules, which will lesson the amount of velocity needed to hit a patch's maximum volume. Likewise, you can add more velocity if a patch seems too loud. Both override the original patch's settings. KORG2 mentioned that he needed to "press the left keys softer and the right keys harder," this is something that can be fixed by adjusting the amp velocity to even things out.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
KORG2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this needs to be done for EACH combi ... and everytime I play ... (I don't want to change the factory combis and "screw them up") ... I hoped there is some function that can be adjusted to one of the knobs that effects the current selected combi.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG2 wrote:
So, this needs to be done for EACH combi ... and everytime I play ... (I don't want to change the factory combis and "screw them up") ... I hoped there is some function that can be adjusted to one of the knobs that effects the current selected combi.

Well, it would only need to be done with any individual part of a Combi that you are having issues with it. You can either save it as is when you're done editing it, or make a copy of it in User section and save it there. You can also just make a back up copy of all the presets with the memory card.

Unfortunately, Amp Vel is not something that can be mapped to the Real Time Knobs and then saved. You can only adjust this from the menu path I mentioned, or using the computer editor, then save it. From the editor, it's in the Tone section under the Timbre Param tab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: