Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending MIDI notes to Kaossilator Pro
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonisja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Sending MIDI notes to Kaossilator Pro Reply with quote

Hi, everyone, I'm new in this forum.

A couple of days ago I bought a Kaossilator Pro, I was playing with it and it's great, but when I tried to send notes from my keyboard to Kaossilator through MIDI interface nothing happens. I was searching on this forum and I didn't found a solution... so I wrote a little application which translate notes to cc messages .

If someone wants to take a look on it, I posted it on my blog:

http://sonidokaotico.blogspot.com/2012/01/last-weekend-i-wrote-little-application.html

Let me know if you have any comment about it.

EDIT:
I've released a new version of KP Notes, it has some fixes and program selected sync.

http://sonidokaotico.blogspot.com.ar/2012/03/koassilator-pro-notes-v04_31.html

I will try to post some video showing how the app works.

Last edited by nonisja on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Steinberger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!

Grabbed the MPK mini, plugged them both into the PC, followed the instructions and it works great. I must have sat here playing with the arpeggiator on the MPK for half an hour.

Thanks!
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I want a Kaossilator Pro, damn!!
Steinberger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Fun!
nonisja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I glad you like it.
I'm working on another tool inspired on boing for monome.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im really surprised no one else is trying this out. This topic should be getting more views, too. This is something that everyone has always asked for...
Steinberger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
im really surprised no one else is trying this out. This topic should be getting more views, too. This is something that everyone has always asked for...

Totally agree. I was actually kind of expecting it to show up on a YouTube jam video or something.

Just to give it another bump I'm going to make a feature request. If I hit a key on my controller that is out of range of the mapping to the KP the app gets locked up (stops responding) which requires restarting the app to get going again. Any way to filter out those errant key hits for those of us prone to hit the wrong ones? Very Happy
Bowmoney

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's cool and all...but requires a computer in the chain...and once you have a computer, you can do anything you want...and the touch pad becomes unnecessary, and the kpro becomes a $400 sound bank with 200 sounds...

i see no reason to ever use a kpro and a computer at the same time, personally.

Steinberger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowmoney wrote:
it's cool and all...but requires a computer in the chain...and once you have a computer, you can do anything you want...and the touch pad becomes unnecessary, and the kpro becomes a $400 sound bank with 200 sounds...

I'm not really sure why when someone comes out and mentions the want to use this with an external controller that it's insinuated the core purpose of the KP has been lost and the primary touch interface will be completely abandoned. I think this is a useful extension and another creative tool for someone to use if they so wish. It's surely not something worthy of the Thought Police's excess of time and limited resources.

I say "Good Job" to someone who puts the time and effort to write and assemble something useful in addition to sharing it so as to have a positive effect on others.
Bowmoney

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree completely, and never insulted anyone or anything, i said it was cool, but someone asked why people weren't psyched about it, and i explained why i was not personally psyched about it...sorry if anyone took it as anything other than

balero98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU!! Reply with quote

I have wanted this for a long while. The funny thing is that I just happened to search for "sending midi to kaossilator pro" today after abandoning the idea for months. Looks like you only posted this a few days ago. What timing! You're a rock star. Makes me love my KPro even more. Now if you could just roll this into a VST, I'd believe I could fly. Wink
nonisja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinberger wrote:
roblabs wrote:

Totally agree. I was actually kind of expecting it to show up on a YouTube jam video or something.

Just to give it another bump I'm going to make a feature request. If I hit a key on my controller that is out of range of the mapping to the KP the app gets locked up (stops responding) which requires restarting the app to get going again. Any way to filter out those errant key hits for those of us prone to hit the wrong ones? Very Happy

I guess that is a bug Razz, I will fix it and post a new release.

I didn't have time to make a video showing the application in action, maybe next week.
nonisja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowmoney wrote:

Maybe this feature it isn't so interesting, but use the KoPro with a computer opens a wide of posibilities, by example, I've been working on another app which modifies the behavior of KoPro by reciveing a position on the pad and move the position according a pattern.
nonisja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU!! Reply with quote

balero98 wrote:
I have wanted this for a long while. The funny thing is that I just happened to search for "sending midi to kaossilator pro" today after abandoning the idea for months. Looks like you only posted this a few days ago. What timing! You're a rock star. Makes me love my KPro even more. Now if you could just roll this into a VST, I'd believe I could fly. Wink

Do you mean the create a plugin to use it on MIDI track on some DAW?
vtg35mba

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish Korg would make a firmware update for this. The KP Pro seems like a great inspirational tool but once you get down to developing and refining an idea, i want more control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: