Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official microSTATION System Update V1.0.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Official microSTATION System Update V1.0.1 Reply with quote

Updated March 2012 US/EN V1.0.1 at Korg USA:

http://www.korg.com/microstation

Click left Support & Downloads: on OS. Update/bugsfix notes in English included in file.

Thanks KORG!
---
I've just installed the japanese official released V1.0.1 system update successful Cool on my eu microstation, which I bought 3 months ago new with V1.0.0 on it.

V1.0.1 was released in japan site on sept 9, 2010! and fixed 26 bugs.
member KORG2 has this V1.0.1 standard on his 2 months old microstation!

So I did some investigation and found it only in japan!
---- =============
You can install this V1.0.1 at YOUR OWN RISK!!!
---- =============
1) Download the " microSTATION_Updater_101_J1.zip " WIN file from:

from the official japanese Korg site:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.korg.co.jp%2FProduct%2FSynthesizer%2FmicroSTATION%2F&act=url
click on Software / Updates at right side to find it MAC/Windows versions.

2) unzip the file => kmupdate.exe, microSTATION_V101.vsb, 2xpdf extracted.

3) connect Microstation with usb to your PC.

4) if this is the first time you connect it to your PC then install the KORG_USB_MIDI_Driver, I had the usb driver and microstation editor on my pc installed/working ok already.

5) from power off state, Push and Hold the buttons [LOCATE] + [REC] and then POWER ON the microstation: LCD will read: VERSION UP MODE Waiting...

6) Now click the kmupdate.exe , a KORG System Updater window pops up. Click the Update in this window to update your microstation to Latest Software Version: 1.16 = V1.0.1.

7) DON'T POWER OFF etc. during the update process! The Updater window and the microstation LCD will show when it is complete.

Cool Power the microstation off and then on, LCD will now show V1.0.1 = update succesful!

9) Enjoy your 1.5yr delayed update microstation!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: You installed this V1.0.1 at YOUR OWN RISK!!! poster has no responsibility of all! Cool [/b]

Last edited by bradkorg on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I updated, but not sure what exactly got fixed or added. So far I haven't been able to notice anything different. Maybe someone can translate the documents that came with this update? That would be helpful.

To anyone who's worried, none of my custom patches in Program and Combi mode got deleted with this update. The data from my memory card also loaded up fine as usual. My microSTATION does indeed say it has the updated system now when I boot it up, but I have no idea what this means, haha.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
john2910

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to do the update from the memorycard?
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
Thanks for the link. I updated,... haha.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.
Yeah, maybe you won't notice directly what's improved, but sure they fixed/improved 26 "bugs" over 5 mode: General, ARP, Combination, Sequencer and Global/Media settings.
So it should improve the "workflow".

I tried to copy/paste the japanese pdf notice to google translate it, but no luck, it can't copy the jp characters. Maybe someone else can try it?

Thanks member KORG2 to get me notice this "hidden" update!

Last edited by bradkorg on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john2910 wrote:
Is it possible to do the update from the memorycard?

No, You will need a MAC or Windows PC to do this!
john2910

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx its working now.

A great update is in the sequencer when you press record you can directly select overwrite or overdubb.

This was not first there or was it?
quenz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting but is there a way to save 1.00 firware before updating to 1.01 ?
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quenz wrote:
Interesting but is there a way to save 1.00 firware before updating to 1.01 ?

No, all Korg firmware updated can't revert back to lower version.

v1.0.1 is working fine with me, the newest series microstations comes with v1.0.1 already.
Mahalo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradkorg wrote:

v1.0.1 is working fine with me, the newest series microstations comes with v1.0.1 already.

bought my mS in new Zealand Dec 29th and it has v1.0.1
Mahalo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: micro station Editor v1.0.1 Release notes (mac) Reply with quote

“microSTATION Editor/Plug-In Editor” v1.0.1 Release Notes (Mac)

Install the KORG USB-MIDI Driver before launching the editor software. The KORG USB-MIDI Driver can be found on the included CD-ROM; you can also download it from the website listed below. Please read the “operation guide” for details on how to install it.
The updater will be posted on our website, so please check back with us at http://www.korg.com/

• Additions and changes from v1.0.0 to v1.0.1
- The latest preload data
The included preload data now supports the latest microSTATION system version.
- PCG files created by the Export command (Utility menu)
Fixed the problem that had prevented PCG files created using the Export command from being loaded by the microSTATION itself.
- Swap Key Setup command (Utility menu)
Fixed the problem that had made the Swap Key Setup command not appear in the Utility menu.
- Copy Arpeggio Pattern command (Utility menu)
Fixed the problem that had prevented copying to ARP B using Copy Arpeggio Pattern.
- Various other minor bugs, display anomalies and functions have also been fixed and/or improved.

Notes
- If you make settings in your host application so that the microSTATION's MIDI IN port (microSTATION KEYBOARD) is used as the MIDI input of the host application, there will be a greater possibility of errors occurring while receiving or transmitting a MIDI data dump with the UTILITY menu Receive/Transmit command, or while executing a MIDI data dump that occurs when you load a data file. In such cases, we recommend that you either set your host application so that it does not use the microSTATION's port as its MIDI input, or switch the setting only when you're performing a data dump so that the microSTATION's port is not used during that time.
- The microSTATION Editor/Plug-In Editor doesn't notice the modifications of some operations using the microSTATION hardware. Please execute “Receive All” from the UTILITY menu of the microSTATION Editor/Plug-In Editor to load the whole data from the microSTATION after these operations.

- Load a data file in the MEDIA mode
- Press WRITE key
- Following MENU commands;

Copy Drum Kit
Copy Drum Track
Copy From Song
Copy From Combi
Copy From Program
Copy Insert Effect
Copy Arpeggio Patterns
Copy Key Setup
Copy MFX/TFX
Copy Oscillator
GM Initialize
Load Effect Preset
Load Preload/Demo Data
Load Template Song
Swap LFO 1&2
Swap Insert Effect
Swap Key Setup
Swap MFX/TFX
Swap Oscillator
Write Program
Write Combination
Write Global Setting
Write Drum Kits
Write Arpeggio Patterns

Known problems

- Pro Tools LE 7.x/8.x
In some cases, total recall fails to recover the data, and the data in the microSTATION itself is erased (initialized to InitData).
This problem can occur if the total recall settings (Global mode Software Setup) differ between when you saved and when you loaded.
If you've changed the total recall settings, close the session and start again with a new session file in order to minimize the possibility that this problem will occur. Even if this problem should make it appear as though the data in the microSTATION itself has been erased, the data in the microSTATION's memory has not actually been overwritten. Disconnect the connection between the microSTATION and your PC, and then power the microSTATION itself off and on again to recover the original data.

- Logic Pro 8.x/9.x
Since key operations from the computer keyboard will function as Logic Pro keyboard shortcuts, this produces the problem that numerical values or text cannot be entered from the keyboard into microSTATION Plug-In Editor. Please use mouse operations to edit parameters.

- Cubase 5.1.1
microSTATION Plug-In Editor is designed to prevent multiple instances from being run simultaneously, but when you attempt to start up a second instance in Cubase 5, the DAW will quit unexpectedly. Do not attempt to run multiple instances simultaneously.

- Mac OS X 10.5.8
On a Mac equipped with an Intel CPU, using microSTATION Editor's keyboard to play continuous glissandos for approximately 30 seconds may cause microSTATION Editor to quit unexpectedly. Do not continuously perform glissandos for an extended time.
quenz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there changes in the new sounds preload files ?
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: micro station Editor v1.0.1 Release notes (mac) Reply with quote

Mahalo wrote:
“microSTATION Editor/Plug-In Editor” v1.0.1 Release Notes (Mac)

These are all the release notes for the computer editor, not the system update. The system update is for the keyboard itself.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quenz wrote:
Is there changes in the new sounds preload files ?

Don't know, I can't read japanese but some 26 improvements/bugs fix V1.0.1 are in:
General
1) Rename, [NUM LOCK]10
2) PRELOAD.PCG, microSTATION Editor, import
3) Program, MIDI
4) ...
ARP
5) Global, ARP GATE
Combination
6) Copy Prog, GM Variation/Drums
7) Initialize, Combination, USER
Sequencer
8) [NUM LOCK]10
9) 1. 000. 2.[NUM LOCK] [1 ...0] 010 [1], [0] [ENTER] 3. Create New 010 OK? [>] 010 [<]
10) Preset Template Song
11) MIDI
12) Loop REC, Rehearsal, Loop REC
13) Copy Prog, To Track, [NUM LOCK]10
14) Loop REC, [KEY], REMOVE, [REC]
15) Auto Song Setup, microSTATION Editor, Sequencer
16) Loop REC, Quantize Resolution
17) REC Time Sig., Edit, REC
18) Track Edit - Insert measure, Time Sig.
19) Copy Combi, Multi REC, LOOP
20) Erase Track, GRID SEQ - Lp End
21) GRID SEQ, REC, GRID SEQ, REC
22) Grid Edit
Global/Media
23) Global, [WRITE]
24) PCG, Program, [NUM LOCK]10
25) Media, Windows PC
26) Media - Load a Program, GM
from the v1 0 1_note_J1.pdf
bms9nmh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to check, is this Japanese update different type of update to the 1.0.2 editor software update on the korg website?

http://www.korg.co.uk/support/downloads/microstation_dl.php
bradkorg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bms9nmh wrote:
Just want to check, is this Japanese update different type of update to the 1.0.2 editor software update on the korg website?

http://www.korg.co.uk/support/downloads/microstation_dl.php

Yes, totally different, 1.0.2 editor software update is for the software.

V1.0.1 system (firmware) update is for the system/hardware microSTATION!

You can check it which version is installed, when you power up your microSTATION. At the beginning the mS LCD will display shortly the version number V1.0.0 or V1.0.1.

The newest microSTATION worldwide comes with V1.0.1 already installed.
For unknown reasons, this system update isn't passed to the outside world of Japan since sept 2010!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: