Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing the COMBI to add another instrument

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahalo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Editing the COMBI to add another instrument Reply with quote

Newbie alert! Just bought the microSTATION, love it, already posted my first soundtest improvisations using the standard sounds and taking whatever they do as inspiration - sound cloud.com/microkool if you want to hear them...

PLEASE HELP - I need to add more instruments to some of the combis, electric bass for example to the rich piano combis, and more FX at high an low velocities in certain key ranges, and I have tried every parameter and setting and get no sound on any track originally silent from the manufacturer. What is the trick? MIDI Global Channel reset OK, INT reset OK, looks exactly like the channels that work on every page of the editor, and now the number flashes when i play a note but no sound on any channel 9 - 16 for example. These confusingly are already set to PLAY but have no sound.

Also, I see that some of the tracks are set to silent, some form of MIDI control across channels, where can I get some info on what that is about, which of the many manuals has information on this?

Ciao for Now

Mahalo

Thanks in advance - Mike Mahalo, Siem Reap, Cambodia
festivaltv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Editing the COMBI to add another instrument Reply with quote

set the extra instrument on the same channel as the midi out
of your keyboard (1) or global midichann

is the status of the new instrument set on active?
is the keyboard split layer defined?

Mahalo wrote:
Newbie alert! Just bought the microSTATION, love it, already posted my first soundtest improvisations using the standard sounds and taking whatever they do as inspiration - sound cloud.com/microkool if you want to hear them...

PLEASE HELP - I need to add more instruments to some of the combis, electric bass for example to the rich piano combis, and more FX at high an low velocities in certain key ranges, and I have tried every parameter and setting and get no sound on any track originally silent from the manufacturer. What is the trick? MIDI Global Channel reset OK, INT reset OK, looks exactly like the channels that work on every page of the editor, and now the number flashes when i play a note but no sound on any channel 9 - 16 for example. These confusingly are already set to PLAY but have no sound.

Also, I see that some of the tracks are set to silent, some form of MIDI control across channels, where can I get some info on what that is about, which of the many manuals has information on this?

Ciao for Now

Mahalo

Thanks in advance - Mike Mahalo, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Mahalo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

festival TV thanks for your reply, I appreciate your help.

Seem to have resolved that SOMETIMES, it is awful to program

The editor is NOT TO THE STANDARD we must demand.

Clearly different teams did different parts of this complex instrument, it is all there, but one part of the editor does the usual ARE YOU SURE? which needs just ONE ( not three!!!) ONE simple simple OK.

for example combi, edit the name? It ignores - takes ages, and keeps the old name, unless you press SEND then click on a silly box then SEND again, utterly awful interface.

In contrast, if you alter anything on an ARP, it DELETES THE ORIGINAL IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT WARNING!!!!!!

What the hell is that about?

how to restore a single ARP?

how to restore a single combi? Ah, you have to individually save the entire set one by one, before you start, or have korg provided the date as combis and progs, no?!!!

that would be a meaningless task for how many days?

and no way to SAVE the current combi version plus one, you need to change from ALL to COMBI then edit the name manually, have you seen anything like that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: