Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

controlling another keyboard (volume only)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kabuchi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: controlling another keyboard (volume only) Reply with quote

Hi yall

Have an expression /volume pedal hooked up to my extreme and will like to control a yamaha mo6 with it. Just want to control the mo6 volume "ONLY".

so whenever i lower the volume on the extreme with the pedal, the mo follow suits

I know its midi out of the extreme to midi in of the mo6. But will like to know the finer details of pulling off this trick. dont want the extreme playing the mo voices and all of that

Is it even possible?

thnx
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is possible since you cannot reroute the MIDI channel of controllers connected to a Korg.

You could use the audio input of the Extreme but as you say you don't want the extreme playing the mo voices so that rules this option out.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kabuchi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

thnx, i was afraid of that. i am here thinking in theory. If i allow the extreme to play the mo while the mo is in performance mode n limit the mo to one key that wouldnt sound and have the mo play on a different midi channel for other sounds or something like that.

I am going somewhere with this?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K (&M) -

Michel may have hit it right - I don't use this feature but I think you can use the audio inputs of the Triton, then master volume control of the Triton would also control the Mo as if the triton were a submixer.

On that same thought, using an external sub mixer you could also put a volume pedal on the audio portion (rather than MIDI) before the amp or possibly in an FX loop and achieve what I think you want... a smooth fade out of both instruments.

Behringer (which I use) and others have inexpensive (~$40 US) 2 or 3 channel micro mixers that might suit.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
K (&M) -

Michel may have hit it right - I don't use this feature but I think you can use the audio inputs of the Triton, then master volume control of the Triton would also control the Mo as if the triton were a submixer.

On that same thought, using an external sub mixer you could also put a volume pedal on the audio portion (rather than MIDI) before the amp or possibly in an FX loop and achieve what I think you want... a smooth fade out of both instruments.

Behringer (which I use) and others have inexpensive (~$40 US) 2 or 3 channel micro mixers that might suit.

BB

Yes it is possible to use the audio outputs of the MO and route them in the audio inputs of the extreme, but that was not a wanted solution if I understand correctly.

Of course using a sub mixer always works in combination with a pedal. I wonder if the audio quality of Behringer is good enough (to run a Mo or Kronos through).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kabuchi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys

u guys got me excited here. Can you explain that routing through the audio inputs to me please?

Would love to try that

thnx !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: