Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bulk delete sounds from bank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: bulk delete sounds from bank Reply with quote

so now that we have all the new banks, I'd like to do some cleanup on the original U-G bank. I have a bunch of downloaded sounds, mixed with about 20 or so that I built myself. What I'd like to do is delete the downloaded sounds, so they are all blank EXi slots (I'm a bit OCD about this kind of stuff). I'll probably end up just moving mine to the beginning of the bank as well (they are at the end), but I don't mind doing that manually and fixing the associated combis/set list entries.

I know I should probably be able to do this using PCGTools, but I was wondering if there was a way to do this within the Kronos itself.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got more patches to delete than to keep in a bank, just do this:
- save your bank
- initialize it by changing the type (HD-1/EX)
- load the patches you want in the order you want from the backup
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
If you got more patches to delete than to keep in a bank, just do this:
- save your bank
- initialize it by changing the type (HD-1/EX)
- load the patches you want in the order you want from the backup

ooh, good idea - I never thought about that. thank you
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also can use PCG Tools to clean up banks (not U-AA .. U-GG for now). Btw, cleaning in PCG Tools means only removing its name.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
You also can use PCG Tools to clean up banks (not U-AA .. U-GG for now). Btw, cleaning in PCG Tools means only removing its name.

thanks - I figured that was the case (mentioned it in my post), but I wasn't sure if there was an easy way to do it straight from the Kronos without much effort.

If I moved programs around using PCGTools, would I be able to retain the links into my combis and setlists? Or would I be rebuilding those as well.

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: