Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How edit preload.ksc?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: How edit preload.ksc? Reply with quote

Preload.ksc automatically loads EXs 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

I do not want the two factory drum EXs to load at startup, but Ricky Lawson's drums to load instead.
I found no answer in the manuals how to get that done.

Does any of you know more?
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you start by overwriting the banks with what you want and then save as a new ksc file. Call it preloadJ or something..
keego

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the preload check list Click add bank then select factory data you can then proceed to open the folders until you reach ALL the ex's. Multiple select the Ex's you want to load and these will be added to the preload check list. Uncheck preload and check whichever you want to load.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil, nice to hear from you!
No it's not about overwriting bank programs, it's about auto-loading certain EX sample sets and not others.

Keego, thanks: so I guess my assumption was right that I can't directly edit the preload.ksc content but have to add single EX KSCs one by one, then check them for autoload and uncheck the preload.ksc.

This has one drawback, though: I now load the complete brass expansion and not just the chosen samples from the factory set. That can probably be corrected manually one by one, but just editing the preload.ksc and remove single of it's KSCs would have been much smarter.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do something similar when creating my Vintage Synths collection. This is how I got it done…..

1- Start up from scratch with all the EX's loaded (except your Ricky Lawson)
2- Unload the two factory drum EX's.
3- Load in the Ricky Lawson EX
4- Save as a KSC file. There is an option to let you save the the KSC as well as all the EX's. Pick that one.
5- When loading in your KSC file again, pick the "clear RAM and EX's option.

That should clear everything and then let you load in your custom KSC.

Good Luck! Cool

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jim, are you just going to overwrite the programs that are associated with the factory drum stuff? or just insert the Ricky Lawson stuff into the old presets?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Apex: I will just insert Lawson drums where I need drums

@kidnepro: that's expert advice, thanks! Very Happy
Just to be sure

1. I re-load the factory preload.ksc exclusivley (clearing the Lawson drums from memory) in Global Mode

2. I unload the two factory drum EXs 8 and 9 via Global->Sample Manage->Unload all in bank

3. I load in the Lawson EX how? The only way I am aware of would be re-loading both factory-ksc and Lawson-ksc in step one and then unload as decribed in step 2

4. Save as ksc file via the "save all" option in disk mode?

I just want to be sure to avoid messing things up.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

If you already have the RL loaded when you boot up, then just unload the other two factory drum ex's and save the KSC. Make sure you pick the option that lets you save the EX's too when saving your file. Then your KSC should have only the data you want in it. Then when you load it back in, make sure to clear the RAM and EX's and you should be good to go.

Sorry, but I'm not in front of the Kronos at the moment so there might be a couple of parameters in there that you have to adjust when saving/loading. Don't worry too much about messing up since you can always reload the factory KSC if things don't go as planned. Of course, if you have anything that's important just save it before experimenting. Cool

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked like a charm, thanks again!
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Enjoy! Cool

danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This part of the Operation Guide may also be helpful:

Global Settings, Wave Seq., Drum Kits -> Automatically loading RAM and EXs sample data -> Creating and saving .KSC files.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
This part of the Operation Guide may also be helpful:

Global Settings, Wave Seq., Drum Kits -> Automatically loading RAM and EXs sample data -> Creating and saving .KSC files.

Dan,

That section is a little confusing.

When I tried to "Add KSC", everything I selected was added to Preload.ksc. I did not see how you can create a new .ksc file.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole procedure is quite anti-intuitive IMO. And as in other cases, jumping between sub-tabs of other modes to subtabs/submenu entries of disk mode is rather confusing than helpful.

From my view there should be ONE overview page for the whole preload management.
This page should contain all EXs and all User sample data in one list with checkboxes. Then a simple check/uncheck should define what's used on startup, and there should be a direct write command (no jumping to disk mode) to save several of such autostart lists. Then the resulting ksc files can be added/deleted, and checked/unchecked for autostart like now.

From my view, separate disk mode, while being logical from a technical point of view, is not a good way to deal with most of the writing and loading procedures in the Kronos. It just destroys workflow. When I am, for example, in song mode, I don't want to leave the sequencer and go to disk mode to save the song/song container. Things like these should be done on the fly in the present context, not in a separate mode.

Apart from the fact that the present system isn't handled consequently (you don't have to go to disk mode wo write a program or combi), ALL load and write functions should be in their proper context, and not in a separate mode.
The only thing staying in disk mode should perhaps be the the utility tab (for things like formating, copying etc.).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: