Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test of willpower
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Test of willpower Reply with quote

Finally got the K, but since I have two young children I have it hidden away until Santa turns up - soo only 3 weeks to go before I can unpack it... Of course there are a couple of days I have days off whilst the kids are still at school, I will be biting my nails and trying to convince the wife that maybe I should just check its working.

Really looking forward to Christmas.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should make sure it's working because you're eating up your return period.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Santa wouldn't mind, .. besides that, you must have incredible patience and willpower.

I can understand if it were a total surprise and didn't know it was lurking somewhere in the house..
Open her up dude and check the contents. (I'll bet you can't put it back in the box..) Laughing
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would make sure it is working during the return period. That is a must for every keyboard player. Good luck. Lou, very funny. Getting something back in the box where it looks like it's never been out of the box...is not one of my strong suits. Smile
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennyC wrote:
Getting something back in the box where it looks like it's never been out of the box...is not one of my strong suits. Smile

I use to have that problem, but after returning so many boards, I've gotten quite good at it... Smile (If that's what you were referring to?)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could do that, I waited quite long before buying a Kronos, because I hate being on a wait list.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
You should make sure it's working because you're eating up your return period.

definitely.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate...... theres no such thing as santa........there.... I said it !

OPEN IT AND INDULGE, Twisted Evil

Although........( I've sent Santa a list, just incase I'm wrong!) Shocked
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
DennyC wrote:
Getting something back in the box where it looks like it's never been out of the box...is not one of my strong suits. Smile

I use to have that problem, but after returning so many boards, I've gotten quite good at it... Smile (If that's what you were referring to?)

Lou, exactly.!

It all started for me when I was about 10 years old. This was incidentally the first and last time I pulled this stunt. My mom went to the mall to get more supplies and there they were(the presents) under the tree.
In my own mind, I thought I was a pretty good kid(excellent grades and I generally "minded mom and dad")...and yes, I had tirelessly hinted that I wanted a bb gun or a remote controlled airplane, bbaaadd...and there were the presents under the tree

A little voice in my head said: Go ahead, and open them up, then the suspense won't be eating you alive and you can relax until Christmas.
We were not rich, but I had 12-15 presents under the tree. That was it; I was off and opening. As I got to about the 3rd or 4th gift, I noticed that the (old style type of cellophane tape that was used back then) had torn the wrapping paper at the ends where it had been peeled up and exposed blotches of white showing where the tape originally fastened the paper together.

Then, thoughts of extreme horror crossed my mind! I'd better hurry and finish opening my presents as my mom might have forgotten something and could show up at any second. So I did. The realization of what I had done as well, as the revelation that I could not re-wrap the presents without showing that they had been previously "touched", sent a shock of terror shot through my entire body.

So, I quickly(with hands shaking) put the presents back under the tree, trying to reposition them so that the minimum of white specs could be seen. I knew that my mom would be hurt and disappointed if she found out; my dad, on the other hand, would be so angry that he would immediately take them all away from me, as well as potentially put me on restriction(derservedly so).

Wow, had I blown it big time! I realized, most importantly, that I had violated my parents trust. And secondarily, I did not get any of the things that I asked for. As the 2 weeks for Christmas very slowly passed , fears would frequently flood my mind. Christmas morning finally arrived.

My mom(who traditionally played Santa) said: "I think I'll pass out the presents now".
I quickly and excitedly volunteered and said: "Mom, why don't you just sit back and relax and I'll be glad to play Santa for you". Eternity passed
by....she finally replied--"OK".

I did suffer through it as I nervously handed out the presents. To be realistic, I had to act as though I was completely and hinestly excited with each of my gifts, although I knew exactly what was inside of every one of them. The shame of what I'd done, coupled with my selfish disappointment of not getting what I had wanted, left me with a chilling life's lesson.

Sorry, to be so long winded Lou. But now you know why I'm not good at putting stuff back in the original package.

Smile Laughing I was a very bad boy indeed. Twisted Evil
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Test of willpower Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Finally got the K, but since I have two young children I have it hidden away until Santa turns up - soo only 3 weeks to go before I can unpack it... Of course there are a couple of days I have days off whilst the kids are still at school, I will be biting my nails and trying to convince the wife that maybe I should just check its working.

Really looking forward to Christmas.

You've got much better will power than I do. I stayed home from work on the estimated shipping day! (It was delivered on time and most of my work got done that day! Razz)

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my synth delivered to my parents (who live about 15 mins from where I live). I called them the day before to say the package would arrive somewhere the next day ... and phoned them again one time if it was arrived (ok I would have called 10 times but didn't want to interrupt my parents too often). Got it after work and installed it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 On the willpower RKFan!!

I got my Kronos in June but left it packed until summer grad classes were completed. Man, it drove me NUTS to have to put the K on hold for my Educational Technology project. The very day that I submitted the lengthy final project, I had the K out of the box, and on the stand at warp 9!

I know you are doing it for the kids and that is such a cool thing to do for Christmas! Pardon the pun, but I think your karma is good on this and your K will work like a charm. Smile

Buon Natale,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennyC wrote:
Lou wrote:
DennyC wrote:

Lou, exactly.!

It all started for me when I was about 10 years old. This was incidentally the first and last time I pulled this stunt. My mom went to the mall to get more supplies and there they were(the presents) under the tree.
In my own mind, I thought I was a pretty good kid(excellent grades and I generally "minded mom and dad")...and yes, I had tirelessly hinted that I wanted a bb gun or a remote controlled airplane, bbaaadd...and there were the presents under the tree

A little voice in my head said: Go ahead, and open them up, then the suspense won't be eating you alive and you can relax until Christmas.
We were not rich, but I had 12-15 presents under the tree. That was it; I was off and opening. As I got to about the 3rd or 4th gift, I noticed that the (old style type of cellophane tape that was used back then) had torn the wrapping paper at the ends where it had been peeled up and exposed blotches of white showing where the tape originally fastened the paper together.

Then, thoughts of extreme horror crossed my mind! I'd better hurry and finish opening my presents as my mom might have forgotten something and could show up at any second. So I did. The realization of what I had done as well, as the revelation that I could not re-wrap the presents without showing that they had been previously "touched", sent a shock of terror shot through my entire body.

So, I quickly(with hands shaking) put the presents back under the tree, trying to reposition them so that the minimum of white specs could be seen. I knew that my mom would be hurt and disappointed if she found out; my dad, on the other hand, would be so angry that he would immediately take them all away from me, as well as potentially put me on restriction(derservedly so).

Wow, had I blown it big time! I realized, most importantly, that I had violated my parents trust. And secondarily, I did not get any of the things that I asked for. As the 2 weeks for Christmas very slowly passed , fears would frequently flood my mind. Christmas morning finally arrived.

My mom(who traditionally played Santa) said: "I think I'll pass out the presents now".
I quickly and excitedly volunteered and said: "Mom, why don't you just sit back and relax and I'll be glad to play Santa for you". Eternity passed
by....she finally replied--"OK".

I did suffer through it as I nervously handed out the presents. To be realistic, I had to act as though I was completely and hinestly excited with each of my gifts, although I knew exactly what was inside of every one of them. The shame of what I'd done, coupled with my selfish disappointment of not getting what I had wanted, left me with a chilling life's lesson.

Sorry, to be so long winded Lou. But now you know why I'm not good at putting stuff back in the original package.

Smile Laughing I was a very bad boy indeed. Twisted Evil

they never found out?!?!?!?!?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennyC wrote:

Lou, exactly.!

It all started for me when

I was a very bad boy indeed. Twisted Evil

Nice story, could have been a holiday movie.
We all have a little something in our past that made us in one way or another go down a precarious path, you were just being a kid!
Moving forward, maybe it taught you something about Scotch Tape! Laughing
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Lou, I did applaud the development of Scotch "Magic Tape", but it came too late for me as I had already learned my lesson. Honestly, Apex they never found out. The story was a little embarrassing for me, but I hoped you guys would enjoy it. And I do apologize if I bored anybody with it. At least RKfan can enjoy his Kronos early. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: