Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with sequencer playback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Help with sequencer playback Reply with quote

Right now in Sequencer Mode I have all four of the user knobs set up to act as an ADSR envelope for tweaking whatever patch I'm using, but anytime I stop the sequencer and restart the song from the beginning measure, these edits keep reverting back to zero.

It's weird because I can tweak the sound with the sequencer stopped, save the song, turn off the machine and reload everything with all my ADSR edits intact, but then the moment I press play, they get zeroed out. I'm kind of lost on how to set up the sequencer to only record and playback note data. I believe the problem is that it keeps triggering out CC data when I start my song. I'm currently recording MIDI directly off sequences I've made in Ableton.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I figured out the problem, but still no solution to get this running smoothly...

Even though I can edit the tone using the realtime control knobs, these adjustments are not being carried over into the "Tone Adjust" section in the Sequencer Mode's settings, therefore anytime I start the sequencer, it's starting each patch zero'ed out. I even went through trying to assign different MIDI CC numbers to the knobs, but no matter what, it's not transferring this data over to the "Tone Adjust" section. Kind of annoying.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
RamMicro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi,

Did you set Sysex to ON?
Otherwise it dus not record any tone settings properly.
I had that same problem, also look in your track settings.
You have to set Progchg to ON by each track

I have some trouble's myself with the Microstation, I cant record multi track songs.
When recording 1 track the machine blocks and there is know way I can add a new track in my song.
So the thing there is to do is to reset the machine.
Think I know how this error came in to the instrument but I am not sure.

Hopefully you can record your settings now in a good proper way..

Ramon
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, I can record real-time edits, but if these edits are made while the sequencer is stopped, they revert back to whatever is set in the "Tone Adjust" section when I hit play. What I'm wanting to do is get all my note data in first, play back the sequence and adjust my patches last.

It's weird because I can literally go into the editing menus while in Sequencer Mode, set them to adjust the filter and ADSR settings, turn the knobs and hear the changes being made, but it's not showing these changes on the screen. Only the UP and DOWN buttons make these changes permanent when I restart the sequencer. I even went to the length of hooking up a MIDI monitor to the microSTATION and the "Tone Adjust" parameters only operate on Sysex data when I press the UP and DOWN buttons.

As for recording multiple tracks... you need to make sure that the NUM LOCK button is unlit, press RECORD once, then press the number button to correspond with the track you wish to record on, then hit play.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Realtime Knobs' are for 'Realtime' performance, and aren't related to Tone Adjust.

If you want to make permanent changes to the sound in that combi/seq (and not affect other programs) then you should use the tone adjust settings.

RealTime knobs in a Combi just won't save. RealTime knobs in a sequencer can only be recorded as events into the actual sequencer.

Not sure if you can assign the RT knobs to control Tone Adjust, but I suspect not.
Either way, it helps to understand that RT knobs and TA are two completely unrelated mechanisms.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
RamMicro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
As for recording multiple tracks... you need to make sure that the NUM LOCK button is unlit, press RECORD once, then press the number button to correspond with the track you wish to record on, then hit play.

I can't get in to the other tracks, he only makes 1 track and then it just stops working or adding new tracks.
Not by pressing a track number, or try to edit them in de Seq mode.
So I have the original backup stored on the SD card and will preform a restore.

You can change parameters after recording, only you have to set the track to OVD and then restart recording with the recorded track and adjust the knobs, it will record those changes.
How ever you want more detailed settings recorded, Never got a change to work with that...

Ramon
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
'Realtime Knobs' are for 'Realtime' performance, and aren't related to Tone Adjust.

If you want to make permanent changes to the sound in that combi/seq (and not affect other programs) then you should use the tone adjust settings.

RealTime knobs in a Combi just won't save. RealTime knobs in a sequencer can only be recorded as events into the actual sequencer.

Not sure if you can assign the RT knobs to control Tone Adjust, but I suspect not.
Either way, it helps to understand that RT knobs and TA are two completely unrelated mechanisms.

This makes sense now, but I really don't agree with it, haha. I've combed the entire manual and there's no way to set up any of the knobs to edit the "Tone Adjust" section parameters in Seq Mode, which is total crap. Even in Program mode, the knobs don't actually make adjustments in the actual editing menus, but at least these "realtime" edits get saved when you a write a patch. It's just bizarre that it would operate this way. I hate to use another instrument as an example, but my MC-505 saves every knob tweak you make the moment you write a sequencer pattern, regardless if you've saved these changes on the original patch or not. Makes the workflow really quick and smooth since everything is recalled when you play back a pattern.

Another frustrating thing is that if I accidentally save a patch to a bank or instrument category that I want to change later, it's stuck there forever. No where in the editing menus is there an option to delete or initialize a single Program patch in the location that it's in. Even checked the manual and no where is this mentioned. I can delete and initialize both Seq Mode and Combi patches, but Program mode... nope. Out of curtiosity, I downloaded the M50 manual and it has the same issue which is totally unacceptable. How can any synth company overlook this function? It just seems like they were relying on the fact that no one wants to actually edit or create new sounds on these things since so many of the editing functions are half assed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: