Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why The DesignGraphic Of Combis/Sequencer mode Is Very Poor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KORG could make an effort for a machine which costs this PRICE Rolling Eyes this is not a Toy

TO take example on ROLAND

Zeroesque

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope Korg does not "update" the graphics in the Kronos or future workstations in the manner that people are talking about. It's a tool and should function easily and efficiently way before it looks like a hot new website. I find each new version of the DAWs that I use to be more difficult to operate than the last one, with the sweet spot for MIDI editing form/function to be MasterTracks Pro circa 1995 and the sweet spot for audio editing to be a Pro Tools or Nuendo version from about a decade ago. The graphics that have been put into these things since then have usually been to the detriment of actually using the program, though they do look cooler to the people sitting behind the engineer (thus increasing sales, perhaps).

The Roland screenshots all seem to have a contrast that's best for reading in the dark and also seem to show less info than the compared Korg shots. I know which one I want to use.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Even if the Korg UI design can be improved, it should NOT be eye-candy, and NOT follow Roland designs, but should follow its own way of functional design.
polop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Wink I respect your vision but I would prefer to have the choice, a template mode for change graphic it's very good, for me the actual graphic are very bad, i had a motif xs and Yamaha had excellent idea with template skins graphic, with this template you can change or not the visual and all people are satisfaient.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand graphics is quite nice for a gimmick, but I rather have Korg time spend their probably costly development hours to things that really care, like sounds, samples, engines and UI usability.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you rather they spent the money on developing better sounds and features, or making the UI look pretty?

I like the Korg UI, it is informative and not too fussy. It's functional, which is what you expect for a technical craft tool.
I'd admit it's not brilliantly beautiful, but that's missing the point - it's unnecessary and even a waste of Korg's resources that could be spent on better things.

Being able to select the colours perhaps, might be nice - like in a number of major software DAW products currently available. But we don't need fancy graphics..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would be some items that would increase the UI usability, like a symbol or small level meter to show which timbres are actually sounding (a simple icon in every tab would be more than enough tough).

And some menu functions to find out which program is used by what combi and some intelligent copy/paste functionality.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
polop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You understand now.

but i prefer the sound of kronos, one cannot all have Crying or Very sad
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well those last two relate to Features - Piano Roll, Track View, Level Meters would be good too.

But these are features. I don't think the general 'look and feel' is worth worrying about on the other hand.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

polop wrote:

I don't care a f¤cking damn about having pictures of a saxes and trumpets on the screen of a synthesizer!

That's all about marketing to catch the attention of the prospective buyer in a music shop, that's not about making music.

What I want is good sounds and a functional UI, which the Kronos has.

Nevertheless there are areas where the Kronos UI can be improved:
• bigger fonts and bigger virtual buttons on the touch screen
• adding Touch Drag edit like on the M3 Xpanded
• adding Piano Roll edit and Track View edit like on the M3 Xpanded
polop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Piano Roll, Track View, Level Meters

I agree but with template skins for that which wants to change the look or small pictures for the category instruments and it 's perfect.

This big screen can be better used, after it's a simple discussion, i really do not believe that korg will do something (piano roll ect..) or for 2013 ROFL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: