Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why The DesignGraphic Of Combis/Sequencer mode Is Very Poor?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Why The DesignGraphic Of Combis/Sequencer mode Is Very Poor? Reply with quote

hi, why korg dont update the look of mode combis/sequencer? it's very poor for the capacity of this machine, the program mode is more fun with the piano, electric piano design & others small pictures for instruments (mini screen of trumpets, voices, synthé dw8000, korg electribe ect.. but when select combis or songs i think it's very good for the best feeling if we can play for example a piano section while seeing this screen:

a special section in mode songs/combis for View the instrument will be a great idea Boo hoo!

ps: another example of kronos design graphic too much old:

Fantom G

Korg Kronos

Korg Kronos

Fantom G

I think KORG could make an effort for a machine which costs this PRICE Rolling Eyes this is not a Toy

TO take example on ROLAND

Korg Kronos

Last edited by polop on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 8 times in total
padking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's maybe simpler with program , often
one instrument (piano)

with a combi like the era of Kronos, what
kind of picture do you use ?

There's a lot of information on the first page
of a combi not much space left for anything,
and hey! the fonts are small enough no
space to spare.

Padking
polop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi padking, in the special section "instrument view" for example, play & record in selected channel with the screen like electric piano ect.. after you can select another section first page for mix or other.

ps: for example!:look at this image of jp

imagine you are with the kronos in section "instrument view" in track 1

after you select track 2 ect..

aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, they should put that in Logic Pro too! I don't like your picture because it's obviously unfinished. They should have Avatars like the Wii or PS3.

I think Garage Band for the iPad has a screen like this. Much cooler though.

and think, Garage Band costs $5.

polop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Garage Band for the iPad has a screen like this.Much cooler though.

yes garage has very good icons, i looked too the fantom g, kronos sequencer has need for relooking extreme

aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a sort of a joke, but you know, if you guys have ever used Sequencer Plus from the old, old old days, it never crashed and just was a killer sequencer considering it was ASCII based.

No reason why something like this couldn't run on the Kronos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_p4IgBD5oE
sani

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Why The Design Of Combis/Sequencer mode Is Very Poor? Reply with quote

polop wrote:
hi, why korg dont update the look of mode combis/sequencer? it's very poor for the capacity of this machine, the program mode is more fun with the piano, electric piano design & others small pictures for instruments (mini screen of trumpets, voices, synthé dw8000, korg electribe ect.. but when select combis or songs i think it's very good for the best feeling if we can play for example a piano section while seeing this screen:

The combi mode is a multitimbral mode where you play up to 16 timbres either as split or layer or a combination of both. Personally, the last thing I would want to have is looking at the screen changing some "fancy" icons whenever I move from one part zone to another. The purpose of the screen is to give you information and not to entertain you for some fun reasons.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather have a symbol into each combi screen to show which timbres are actually giving sound (i.e. when I play on a Kronos or external keyboard connected to the Kronos, that it shows a level bar or symbol).

Now the only way to find out which timbre(s) I should select for changing a sound is to mute all one by one or check the MIDI channels and key/velocity zones.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

padking wrote:
it's maybe simpler with program , often
one instrument (piano)

with a combi like the era of Kronos, what
kind of picture do you use ?

Padking

Simple. A picture of Rich, Dan and Sharp !!! Wink
padking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's does look much better, but is it
very useful ? I think it's very personal,
but if they can find I good blend between
good look and effectiveness why not ?

Padking
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padking, nothing against nice design and some pics.

But frankly, to me more pics in combis(!) is about the LEAST important thing in such a synth as a Kronos. I just try to imagine little pics for the different kinds of sounds in a Minimoog.

I agree that the sequencer could use a good update both in surface and functions. It's functionality is better than it looks at first sight though, and effectively I can use it better than the one I had on my Fantom G. The latter looked good, but had an even more problematic level of functionality (missing important edit functions, fat problems with uneven measures, bugs like a mouse not hitting the tracks where it pointed, unnecessary switching between modes etc.).

My clear priority for the Kronos would be:
- solve hardware issues where they occured
- publish the editor
- update the sequencer to at least M3 level
- formatting options in song lists
- etc. etc.
and only then, after a lot of other things, something like little pics for instruments in combis would come to my mind.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In piano mode I'd have a pic if angelina jolie playing the piano. Drum programme, angelina jolie playing the drums. Synth programme angelina jolie playing the synth.

Infact if my Kronos was like that. The whole keyboard would be a 'horn' section!!
Rolling Eyes
irtehyar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Padking, nothing against nice design and some pics.

But frankly, to me more pics in combis(!) is about the LEAST important thing in such a synth as a Kronos. I just try to imagine little pics for the different kinds of sounds in a Minimoog.

I agree that the sequencer could use a good update both in surface and functions. It's functionality is better than it looks at first sight though, and effectively I can use it better than the one I had on my Fantom G. The latter looked good, but had an even more problematic level of functionality (missing important edit functions, fat problems with uneven measures, bugs like a mouse not hitting the tracks where it pointed, unnecessary switching between modes etc.).

My clear priority for the Kronos would be:
- solve hardware issues where they occured
- publish the editor
- update the sequencer to at least M3 level
- formatting options in song lists
- etc. etc.
and only then, after a lot of other things, something like little pics for instruments in combis would come to my mind.

I agree to this, however since I'm not so into sequencing/songs, I would like more features for easier handling of programs/combis etc. But the main priority is equal:
- first hardware issues
- major software bugs (there aren't any ones left I think)
- software features
- minor software bugs and/or gimmicks

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
In piano mode I'd have a pic if angelina jolie playing the piano. Drum programme, angelina jolie playing the drums. Synth programme angelina jolie playing the synth.

Infact if my Kronos was like that. The whole keyboard would be a 'horn' section!!
Rolling Eyes

This is the second day I give a new 'business case' to Korg:

Let them bring out updates where Angelina Jolie is really playing the instrument you select (per category). So not a picture, but a video.

Korg could even ask money for it (and possibly it would be sold too). And make with other celebraties too ... And one with Jordan Rudess for women to buy ( ???)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: