Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton extreme sequencer issue ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batsinthebelltower

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Triton extreme sequencer issue ?? Reply with quote

hey guys

thoroughly enjoying the extreme, had it a few nights now , i knew of the awesome sounds , but the sequencer blew me away too , so easy to throw together a song on the spot ,

but when im in sequencer mode , ill goto a new song , import a few bars of drum samples from rock section , add backing chords track2 , some lead on track3 ...

but i have noticed if i add instruments to track 4/5or more , the sounds become distorted and low quality, no matter what patch is selected.... im not sure if there is something wrong with it specifically or im just a noob and have something not set right... any ideas ??
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bats,

I think you've just run into the "brick wall" in the Triton's architecture, namely that sum total of program FX for the sequencer's 8 possible tracks can easily exceed the capacity of the sequencer's FX... and that will happen (most often) as you try to write the 4th or 5th track in.

As you load in sounds you have to pay attention to FX being actually used vs FX intended for use in program mode.

Basically, you have the same number and type of FX for sequences as you do for combis - - many programs use ALL the available busses for their signature sounds (for example guitars, which may use compressiion + distortion + amp emulation + phase + reverb... (you get the idea)). It's easy to run out of FX, and with many sounds that may depend on FX for their signature timbre, stripping away the FX leaves a sub-standard sound.

So the bottom line is that you'll need to be attentive to what sounds you are using, what FX they want to use, what FX can be used over several instruments (i.e., verb or EQ), and what FX are absolutely necessary because their lack will give you the "horrible" sound you want to avoid. Then plot out how the instruments can be routed to best achieve your sounds.

One tip here - remember that you can insert a new instrument in the middle of an FX chain - so with the guitar example above, you could insert an EP at the 'phase + reverb' point in the chain without getting distortion or compression.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By adding more instrument sounds you also run into the problem of a crowded frequency spectrum. The mixed sum of them can result in distorted, overloaded, and/or noisy output.

The distinctness, fullness, and clarity of individual sounds can become fuzzy within that clutter. Even with no effects, some instruments just don't mix well together, especially when they share many of the same frequencies at the same time.

Separate the instruments spatially with left/right panning. Separate the instruments by frequency with different EQ. And lower your mix level on individual instruments as you add more instruments to the sequence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: