Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sequencer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoreyMast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Help with Sequencer Reply with quote

Ok I have transcribed out an arrangement in Sibelius. I exported as a midi file. I load the midi data into the Kronos via USB. I assign the sounds I want used for each track number. Whenever I hit play the Kronos switches to different sounds. When I hit stop it goes back to the sounds that I previously picked. What am I missing? How can I playback the midi data with the sounds that I want?

Thanks for your help. What I am trying to do is I have to perform this piano piece and it has some backing tracks. (Strings, flutes etc..) I transcribed the backing tracks into midi data and I just want to hit play and then perform the piece while the backing tracks just play off of the sequencer. I'm going to route the click into my in ear monitors through one of the outs on the back. The only problem is the sounds keep changing to different programs when I hit play.

Alesis Andromeda A6, Kronos 88

www.coreymast.com
CoreyMast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok figured it out. Here is the solution.

Sibelius had assigned sounds to the midi data and it was overriding the sounds I had picked. You have to go to the track data page then create a midi event involving the track in question. Then you select the sound you would like.

Hope this helps anyone out who is having similar issues.

www.coreymast.com
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your solution - I'm sure it will help others too.

I suspect (although haven't tried) that you could also use the track editor to delete all program change messages in each track. I don't think the Midi filters tab will help in this case because they only affect recording of midi messages (although haven't tried).
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
CoreyMast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the sounds I want and the notes recorded for my backing tracks. Ok so my next question.

What is the easiest way to record the volume changes for the backing tracks?

The quick fix I've been doing so far is to set my preferences to overdub and just record the slider changes, if I mess up I just go in and edit the midi event data.

Every other way I've tried so far causes me to lose the pre recorded notes on the midi track. There has to be a more efficient way to do this though.

Thanks for your help!

www.coreymast.com
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recording slider changes seems a really quick and useful way of doing this. What don't you like about it?
Cpilot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem. If you go to the MIDI filter page (3-1) in Sequencer mode, the top row row allows you to disable program changes for any track.

Bryan
CoreyMast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SanderXpander Yes it is really quick and easy, but if you overdub more than once all the slider information starts getting messy and it can produce unwanted results.

Maybe there is an undo function that I missed?

Recording automation is a really nice feature. I was just wondering if there is another way to do this without losing the midi notes I imported from Sibelius besides overdubbing?

@Bryan - Thanks! I knew it had to be located somewhere.

www.coreymast.com
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoreyMast wrote:

Maybe there is an undo function that I missed?
I was just wondering if there is another way to do this without losing the midi notes I imported from Sibelius besides overdubbing?

I don't see an undo, but from the drop down, 'Erase Control Data" select your measure and Control #, hit OK and it's gone, and ready for the new Overdub.
Pretty simple, as long as you know the cc#, you should be in business.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, that's the way to "start over". Also, the "compare" button should work as a (very limited) undo, allowing you to at least go back until before your last recording. I think, anyways, I didn't actually check...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: