Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microstation Reverb and Delay at the same time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickshapiro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Microstation Reverb and Delay at the same time Reply with quote

If I understand the effects section, there is no way to do both Reverb and Delay on the same patch, combo or seq. Can someone confirm this.
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the Microstation, but it uses EDS-i so I think you can apply both effects in parallel by chaining them. For example: output of IFX 1 goes to input of IFX 2
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not news.
Moved.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
rickshapiro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
This is not news.
Moved.

If this is not news, does this mean yes or no? Can you provide me to other threads regarding this? I'm just trying to get a confirmation.
Aciphecs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickshapiro wrote:
X-Trade wrote:
This is not news.
Moved.

If this is not news, does this mean yes or no? Can you provide me to other threads regarding this? I'm just trying to get a confirmation.

It means you posted in the wrong section and the thread was moved to the appropriate one.
I'm not sure on the answer either, but I did find some good info on the microStation here, page 45 is where the effects section starts.

BP Facebook Page

BP Youtube Channel
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use both, but you're limited to just the "Multitap Chorus/Delay 4 Tap" effect on MFX1, then any of the reverbs on MFX2.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Wylany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatelly, this was not the best they could do :/
When you read product overview you think you can do whatever you want with the effects. The fact is there are only chosen kinds of effects on each stage. There are different effects if IFX, different in MFX, and different in TFX.
Moreover it looks like you can't reach larger delay then 500ms and only 1/32 and 1/24 patterns in BPM delays. Am I wright?
rickshapiro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wylany wrote:
When you read product overview you think you can do whatever you want with the effects. The fact is there are only chosen kinds of effects on each stage. There are different effects if IFX, different in MFX, and different in TFX.
Moreover it looks like you can't reach larger delay then 500ms and only 1/32 and 1/24 patterns in BPM delays. Am I wright?

I have to agree with you, I like everything about the keyboard but they should be upfront about it lack of flexibility in choosing effects.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickshapiro wrote:
Wylany wrote:

I have to agree with you, I like everything about the keyboard but they should be upfront about it lack of flexibility in choosing effects.

Another thing that is odd about the effects is that you can choose to pan the IFX out the individual outputs, but not the MFX or TFX. Typically I like to split the outputs on my sounds, keeping the drums isolated for easier PA mixing, but if I want to add reverb to them, I can't since it then comes out both outputs.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: