Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's hear your latest stuff....right here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Glad to see that there are still real musicians out there in these horrible times in the music industry

Yes, but what about the live music? It's getting worse and worse. Someone tell me there's somewhere where there's great live music and support from the fans.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:
Mercuryyy, Is that you on vocals? That's awesome!! Really goes well with the Kronos.

I've written/performed a few instrumental pieces on the Kronos already... here's 6 of them:

"Harmony" (dual pianos: German + Japanese Grands):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISQc21ElT4

"Sultry" (based on IntC063 "Mountain Voices" + German Grand):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_n-Kygwi8w

"Tranquility" (based on IntC045 "Metal Blimp Blues" + German Grand):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-coupPJCOko

"Remember" (duals pianos + Nylon Guitar):
www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=5hybJXm_ykg

"Whisper" (solo German Grand):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ5p-k_l3wE

"Sparkle" (based on Combi A024 "Fading Shadows" + Piano + Wavedrum... it was more of a test than a real composition... people either love this or hate it):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkcvD80v_fo

I already have given reactions to most of the videos.

Some have some (probably human) 'quantization' problems, but overall they are very beautiful and nicely composed arranged, and the videos are a very good demonstration of how you play it and very nice to see.
I like these a lot better than the overproduced songs which are some people produce (not here but in general pop music).

You can see you like playing (and probably love the Kronos a lot).

Thanks, I appreciate your response and your cander!
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
Here is a new track. Rough first mix. All Kronos plus electric guitars.

http://soundcloud.com/ronf-3/hatian-reef

Damn I hate the compression soundcloud adds when uploading...but its pretty good. Sounds SO much better in high fidelity.

That was very pleasant - I like it!
Mercuryyyy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
> Glad to see that there are still real musicians out there in these horrible times in the music industry

Yes, but what about the live music? It's getting worse and worse. Someone tell me there's somewhere where there's great live music and support from the fans.

Yea that too, everything just sucks so much these days, its weird. Its like its an agenda to have non talented artsists in the mainstream instead of having true talented musicians there. Its like the music industry has been hijacked. People who say that the reason is cause the record companies only wants to make money then well didnt the record companies make money in the past ? When there was real music? Yes they did so its not about money, its about dumbing down society with crap music.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercuryyyy wrote:
aron wrote:

Yea that too, everything just sucks so much these days, its weird. Its like its an agenda to have non talented artsists in the mainstream instead of having true talented musicians there. Its like the music industry has been hijacked. People who say that the reason is cause the record companies only wants to make money then well didnt the record companies make money in the past ? When there was real music? Yes they did so its not about money, its about dumbing down society with crap music.

There is no room for groups ie There's nothing in it for record companies. Groups write and produce there own stuff, expect the royalties, with albums being cheaper than they were 20 years ago, there's not enough in it for the companies. In real terms a CD should be £30. Like in the book publishing industry. They have to print in millions to get anywhere near a profit, so they can't take risks with new talent. Self publishing and self promotion is the only way forward. Who's got the time and money for that?
It's a very poor set of circumstances for new writers/ talent.....
bousfieldj

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: A little Kronos Fun Reply with quote

Having a little fun with the Kronos. Threw this a little jazz tune I threw together. Jazz isn't my specialty but the Kronos piano is inspiring.

Special guest appearance from Mr Sax T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7E7avlJYI
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Kronos Fun Reply with quote

bousfieldj wrote:
Having a little fun with the Kronos. Threw this a little jazz tune I threw together. Jazz isn't my specialty but the Kronos piano is inspiring.

Yeah man!! i like it alot. Bousfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0-5JeL6uIk
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice runningman!
Did you record to the internal? Also, was that a selection of programs or did you use a combi for starters?
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: A little Kronos Fun Reply with quote

bousfieldj wrote:

If I close my eyes I feel like I'm in a jazz lounge on board a cruise ship! Nice playing!!
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Nice runningman!
Did you record to the internal? Also, was that a selection of programs or did you use a combi for starters?

Nicely done, Lester!! I know the "one, two, three, four" voice is part of a patch (it was on the Triton too)... but don't remember it being feminine sounding. Is "time" and the others part of that same patch?
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Nice runningman!

All internal Lou. I used individual programmes, just one step at a time . Before you know it, it's all built. It's a good way to learn how to use the sequencer and parameters.

Hi chuck. Yeah it's all on the voice fx patch. The femanine count is quite seductive Embarassed
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercuryyyy wrote:
aron wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, theres plenty of good music out there.
Music is not only about appreciation of things such as playing style, or how good you are as a performer or technique, but I notice that all of these Kronos demos lack a basic, catchy melody.
Its funny, because melody is what catches the entire song, its what people remember most about a song, it defines genre, its the speaking-voice of a song.

To just play "auto-rhythm" with a few dabs of stuff on top, dosen't make for a good song.

This thread is quite similar to a few Oasys threads about peoples own creations, i.e. lack of melodic music, just sequences of sounds put together that sound so random, its no wonder they don't qualify for mainstream!

Ironically though, Sina172 is quite talented and his music makes for good listening. (But hes the most whacked out reality distorted person here)

I don't mean to be rude or to put anyone down, but can SOMEONE please just make something that could qualify for a Top100 song????
Is it really so difficult to do?
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should post something top 100. Takes alot of guts for forum members to post there music. Especially when most of us are doing this for fun and have little time to play.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
can SOMEONE please just make something that could qualify for a Top100 song????
Is it really so difficult to do?

gimme a friggin break, dude! Straight up answer to your question: Yes, its really THAT difficult to do!

Top 100 what genre? And where's your music so we can hear what a melody sounds like?
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine!

Heres a more or less 20 year old song I made.
This version made in 2001 I think.

No Korg gear, so you may not like it Smile

Recorded off of crappy PC soundcard hooked to a cheapo mixer and Roland synths.
(I don't have anything Oasys yet to share)

http://soundcloud.com/andre_hedegaard/06-track-6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 3 of 95

Jump to: