Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftertouch vibrato

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Aftertouch vibrato Reply with quote

It looks like the Kronos has for a lot of patches no or only very little vibrato for aftertouch.

Does anybody else noticed this? Or is it that aftertouch on a (61 at least) is much more variable (meaning not more like on/off on earlier Korgs)?

I already have added a bit to several programs.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. So subtle on some patches, you hardly notice any.
ak
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you calibrate your after touch?

Go to Global and touch the upper-right and select AfterTouch.

Try it and let us know.

KELFAR SOUND LIBRARIES @ Korg Shop
KORG KRONOS SOUND LIBRARIES
Korg M3 World Music Set

Korg M3 and Kronos
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak wrote:

Try it and let us know.

No forgot about it .. however, on some patches I have enough aftertouch so I think it is already calibrated to the full range.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak wrote:

Try it and let us know.

I have now. Thanks.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have calibrated, but not much difference ... on the other hand, I don't mind so much, Ok I have to change probably a lot of patches, but at least I can finally use a wider range of aftertouch.

shawnhar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as calibrating the aftertouch, you may want to adjust the aftertouch curve in global settings. That made a huge improvement at least to my taste.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawnhar wrote:
As well as calibrating the aftertouch, you may want to adjust the aftertouch curve in global settings. That made a huge improvement at least to my taste.

Yes I have set that one too, but I think the default is OK ... I can manage the full range of aftertouch but on most patches the maximum setting is just too low ... I think I'm going to use an AMS to 'wire' it together with JS +Y and I have set a Behringer switch to full JS +Y for now having full aftertouch by the press of a foot switch which works quite well.

malfy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Yes I have set that one too, but I think the default is OK ... I can manage the full range of aftertouch but on most patches the maximum setting is just too low ...

I agree with you, i was looking for this topic because i wasn't able to hear any aftertouch action while playing. Now, after calibration and curve setting, i know the aftertouch is working but is just a little color... It will be hard to hear the effect when you're on stage with the band.
In my previous keyboards (Fantom G and Motif XS) the aftertouch was really more present.
I think the Kronos is the best on the market at the moment but i consider the aftertouch as one of his greater defects.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftertouch vibrato Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Or is it that aftertouch on a (61 at least) is much more variable (meaning not more like on/off on earlier Korgs)?

for sure, the best aftertouch response from a korg keyboard, from my point of you, very sweet, smooth, variable as tou described it.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftertouch vibrato Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Or is it that aftertouch on a (61 at least) is much more variable (meaning not more like on/off on earlier Korgs)?

for sure, the best aftertouch response from a korg keyboard, from my point of you, very sweet, smooth, variable as tou described it.

Yes I agree, however, I consider the aftertouch is not really very much difference, so on some patches I increased the aftertouch vibrator response.

mercede1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak wrote:

Try it and let us know.

Can anyone explain please... simple words,the right way to do it....just to know if i am doing it the rightway or doing something wrong Embarassed
KORG I30
KORG PA800 (Past)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: