Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virtual Pads : note off bug ! (?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Virtual Pads : note off bug ! (?) Reply with quote

Hi, I#m K61 owner and i found out that there are some issues with the virtual pads:
Example for note cuts (very easy to reproduce)

1 Go to combi mode
2 Choose I-A 113 Bass & Wurly Split(Ep1)
3 EQ/Vector/Control -> choose Pads
4 Play and hold 1st Pad on low velocity via touch display
5 Play F5 on Keyboard manually (hold ) ..
6 .. and directly release you finger from touch screens Pad

Voila F5 will be cut !
This bug seems to happen on every program with every note 'inside' the pads chord.

Better to hear in
Prog mode: Program Int-A 043 Ex Church with 'D5'

If anyone knows a solution or can handle this over to korg .
thanks
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it with IA-043, seems to be working fine here. I tried a few other combis and Programs. No cut-off of key held.. ?
steinkaf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Virtual Pads : note off bug ! (?) Reply with quote

qayqaywsx wrote:

This bug seems to happen on every program with every note 'inside' the pads chord.

Better to hear in
Prog mode: Program Int-A 043 Ex Church with 'D5'

also here, only if you play the pad first. if you play the keyboard first i can play the pad some times and the note will not cutoff.

Kronos 73, Fantom G 6, Tyros 4, DD-506, Axiom Pro 49, Macbook Pro, Logic Pro, Protools, Vienna Instr. NI Komplete 7....
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QayQay, the Sound you are using might be MonoPhonic thats why you get that...
I dont know, i didnt check but make sure its not a MonoPhonic Sound.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cut offs here..
steinkaf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
QayQay, the Sound you are using might be MonoPhonic thats why you get that...
I dont know, i didnt check but make sure its not a MonoPhonic Sound.

sorry in Combi A-113 Bass & Wurli Split (EP1) the right side Wurly is not MonoPhonic.

there is one more on my keyboard.

if i play the same note´s from the 1. pad in a cord like F5,D5 and A4 on the key´s, all of them cuts of. but not really the same. if the velocity of the pads is play higher then i have a rest volume was sound from the keys, but if i play lower velocity an pads then the keys sound are cut to totally silence.

please check this out.

thank´s

Kronos 73, Fantom G 6, Tyros 4, DD-506, Axiom Pro 49, Macbook Pro, Logic Pro, Protools, Vienna Instr. NI Komplete 7....
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Combi uses the EP-1 on the right side of the split. As with actual electric pianos, re-striking notes allows the previous note to continue to sound, but at a slightly reduced level. The actual interaction will depend upon the respective velocities of the old and new notes. Note also that the notes decay from full volume fairly rapidly, although the final release is long. I've spent some time testing this Combi, soloing timbres and changing the chord pads to play only a single note, and confirmed that everything is working properly.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried but couldn't reproduce it neither.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
steinkaf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
This Combi uses the EP-1 on the right side of the split. As with actual electric pianos, re-striking notes allows the previous note to continue to sound, but at a slightly reduced level. The actual interaction will depend upon the respective velocities of the old and new notes. Note also that the notes decay from full volume fairly rapidly, although the final release is long. I've spent some time testing this Combi, soloing timbres and changing the chord pads to play only a single note, and confirmed that everything is working properly.

Thank you Dan,

i have also make some test with Programs and not Combis i also testet with a 2nd keyboard over midi-in and all the same result.

Here my Question if i have understand right.

is it right, when you play the the first time a note with velocity of 70 and hold it ( it´s not impotent where you play the note, Pad or Intern Key´s ore ext Key´s) and then you play the same note on a other input, with a velocity of 125 and hold the you release the first played key the velocity drops down to 70, like if you have played the 2nd with 70 ?

i have tested with all 9 engine and all the same. with the Prog A085 you can hear were lo velocity make´s a damper sound but higher a sharper sound. also good for test the cx3 where it cut complete.

thank´s
Roman

qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tests that Steinkaf made are exactly what i meant. CX3 completely cuts off the notes while 'double playing' the sam note.

i will record an example,in the combi mode where you'll hear the problem.

www.jostkleigrewe.net/ia113comb_note_cutoff_pad.ogg

this is 4 times more or less the same phrase.
1,2 and 4 are cut off 3 is like it should be. (i changed the timing a s you can hear to NOT cut of the tone)

any recommanditions ?

same for CX3 Organ hear this
www.jostkleigrewe.net/cx3_cut.ogg

first is D4 and the pad 1 of Prog UserC 011 DirtyFunk
in the tird snip you hear Pad then d4 second trigger by keyboard (you hear the click) and then no d4 wich is held on Keyboard.

On CX3 all tones have the same velocity level maybe that why it cuts completely .

best regards
Max
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File won't open?
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steinkaf wrote:

i have also make some test with Programs and not Combis i also testet with a 2nd keyboard over midi-in and all the same result.

Good, I would expect this to be the same.

steinkaf wrote:

is it right, when you play the the first time a note with velocity of 70 and hold it ( it´s not impotent where you play the note, Pad or Intern Key´s ore ext Key´s) and then you play the same note on a other input, with a velocity of 125 and hold the you release the first played key the velocity drops down to 70, like if you have played the 2nd with 70 ?

Different engines will perform differently. As noted above, the EP-1 and SGX-1 reduce the volumes of previously sounding notes to model the behaviors of those specific keyboard instruments. The other engines do not do this.

steinkaf wrote:
also good for test the cx3 where it cut complete.

Yup, that's as designed. The CX-3 plays only one voice per note (in other words, it's always in "Single Trigger" mode).

Note that the voice allocation settings will also affect this behavior, for those models which support them - in particular, the Poly/Mono and Single Trigger parameters.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qayqaywsx wrote:
CX3 completely cuts off the notes while 'double playing' the sam note.

Yes, this is as designed.

- Dan
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan thanks for the answers.
Not what I expected but ok if things are designed like that i have to find ways around it Wink
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qayqaywsx wrote:
Dan thanks for the answers.
Not what I expected but ok if things are designed like that i have to find ways around it Wink

Is there a specific thing that you're trying to do, which this is preventing? Perhaps I can suggest an alternative approach.

- Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: