Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fan speed during startup
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How does your fan cycle during startup?
Starts low- then goes high half-way through startup and stays that way until you shut off kronos
50%
 50%  [ 12 ]
Starts low- then goes high half-way through startup- then goes low again and stays that way until shutdown
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Fan speed does something else
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

Mailman71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Fan speed during startup Reply with quote

Ok -I know there has been a long post about the fan before but I want to know if some fans cycle different than others. My first kronos went low-high-low during startup and was very quiet during operation. On my 2nd kronos 73 the fan goes from low to high during startup and stays high. What does your kronos do? Include 61-73-88 .

Last edited by Mailman71 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My K88 does none of those choices. In fact, until I read on this forum that there was a problem, I never even knew there was a fan! Its silent, at startup, and always. The poll is biased since there's zero choice(s) for normal fan behavior. The "something else" poll choice implies "other problem" when listed with the other "problem" choices.
popmann

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K88...no change in fan speed. I wouldn't call it "silent", but I'm in a really quiet studio. But, it certainly doesn't change speeds.
Mailman71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
My K88 does none of those choices. In fact, until I read on this forum that there was a problem, I never even knew there was a fan! Its silent, at startup, and always. The poll is biased since there's zero choice(s) for normal fan behavior. The "something else" poll choice implies "other problem" when listed with the other "problem" choices.
Normal is what im trying to find out but ill add a choice for -no change in speed during startup or operation- quiet throughout.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K88 - no noticeable change in fan speed. Quiet enough I don't hear it unless I stick my ear to the case.

I also chose not to vote since none of the 3 options fit.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Mailman71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok-I cant change or add poll questions after poll has started. I do not think the third option is bias though- normal has not been establisted-
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman71 wrote:
ok-I cant change or add poll questions after poll has started. I do not think the third option is bias though- normal has not been establisted-

I believe "normal" is what the manufacturer intended it to be - and what users expect it to be. That would be unnoticeable.
Mailman71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also chose not to vote since none of the 3 options fit.[/quote]

I do not understand- its is either 1-2 or 3.
Mailman71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
Mailman71 wrote:

I believe "normal" is what the manufacturer intended it to be - and what users expect it to be. That would be unnoticeable.
For me normal in my experience is option 1 or 2. I should have worded option 3 different but cant change it now. It just means not option 1 or 2- none of the above.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman71 wrote:
I do not understand- its is either 1-2 or 3.

Because you've only offered 3 options (ie: either 1, 2 or 3), we cannot vote unless there's an option that fits every case. The first two options describe problems. The third option "something else" also implies a problem because its grouped with 2 prior options that define problems. You do NOT have an option for "no problem".
If anyone takes your 3rd option as a voting choice, its basically undefined but implies "problem". Therefore, this poll basically states that whoever votes has a problem. It brushes aside the fact that there's people that do NOT have problems.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the choices imply 'problem' as I see it. They describe behavior.
If the fan goes 'high' and stays on, that'd only be a 'problem' if the noise level was an issue.
My fan goes 'high' as in 'yeah, I can hear it, but only if it's quiet around me'. I have never been bothered by the fan noise.
Mine goes on for about 4 seconds when I turn it on, then the fan is quiet until the progress bar reach 'K' in workstation, but even when on it is quiet enough not to register on my sound level meter (which starts at 50dB)
K88 #444
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
Mailman71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
None of the choices imply 'problem' as I see it. They describe behavior.#444
exactly- I never said problem- whether your kronos is quiet or loud is subjective- I just want to know how the speed of your fan is cycled or not- does it change speed? -when does it change? Does it change faster or slower?- or maybe it doesnt change at all. I dont care if you pick an option- but if you wish to post your experience I would be interested.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
None of the choices imply 'problem' as I see it. They describe behavior.
If the fan goes 'high' and stays on, that'd only be a 'problem' if the noise level was an issue.
My fan goes 'high' as in 'yeah, I can hear it, but only if it's quiet around me'. I have never been bothered by the fan noise.
Mine goes on for about 4 seconds when I turn it on, then the fan is quiet until the progress bar reach 'K' in workstation, but even when on it is quiet enough not to register on my sound level meter (which starts at 50dB)
K88 #444

The poster's opening post describes problems. Re-read it and you'll see that s/he describes his/her first Kronos with a "blank screen". Then s/he goes on to describe the 2nd Kronos (replacement?) as having its fan as loud as a desktop computer. "Blank screens" and "fans as loud as desktop computers" imply problems or "unwanted behaviors".
Yes, you could say these are "behaviors"... but that's not what the poll suggests. The poster posts their experiences in the first two choices and by not offering a "no problem" or "completely quiet" poll option, the third selection can only imply the continuum of the first two choices, which imply "problems" or "unwanted behaviors".
To offer a 3rd choice of "other behavior" does nothing in this context... my fan is virtually non-existant in terms of noise.... I don't consider that a "behavior" at all in that I didn't realize there's even a fan in the unit! So my fan would be a "non behavior" since the only reason I know its there is becuase of posts made on this forum about noisy fans.
rderderian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Something Else? Reply with quote

My fan is quiet all the time, even during startup.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Something Else? Reply with quote

rderderian wrote:
My fan is quiet all the time, even during startup.

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: