Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving Sequence Changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Saving Sequence Changes Reply with quote

After you get a midi file loaded and you assign changes to the sequence like values, mute, etc. how do you save those so that every time you hit locate, it doesn't put the values back to the original?
simos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I shut the Kronos off and my new songs were gone when I turned it back on so I guess I need to know how to save the sequenced songs to the Kronos correctly too!
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of midi file are you talking about, is it a download midi file like a karaoke midi?
Usually there are program changes and cc messages I believe printed to the beginning of the track which sets all the volumes and even selects the programs.
You can try opening the file in a daw and deleting this info.
simos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought them both from 2 different places. One is an XG file and the other is a GM file. The Kronos changes the newly assigned sounds back to the originals and also changes the values back to the original mixer levels when I hit the locate button but not all of the time. Very glitchy. Is there someway to load the files in to the Song 001, 002, etc position, make the changes and then hit a save button somewhere so that the edits you make stay? That seems like it would be logical but I sometime thing don't work in a logical way.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos is not making the changes. The changes are in the midi file telling Kronos what to do. You have to delete those changes from the file and save it.
I can't say for sure if the messages will show up in Kronos sequencer to edit.
I do know you can see them in a daw..
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you have sequenced data, go into disk mode and save it there.
Phabius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIDI Events on each MIDI Track can be edited on the Kronos sequencer.

Sequencer P4: Track Edit

Select the Track to be edited, then choose the Page Menu Command "MIDI Event Edit". Choose the Event Types which you want to appear on the Event List and click OK.

In the Event List you can edit, insert and delete Events as you need.

And, save the Song to disk when done.

Hope this helps.
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
navydave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phabius wrote:
MIDI Events on each MIDI Track can be edited on the Kronos sequencer.

Sequencer P4: Track Edit

Select the Track to be edited, then choose the Page Menu Command "MIDI Event Edit". Choose the Event Types which you want to appear on the Event List and click OK.

In the Event List you can edit, insert and delete Events as you need.

And, save the Song to disk when done.

Hope this helps.

Like Phabius siad. I had to do this alot with midi tracks downloaded from the internet with my Triton Le. There are program changes in the 1st measure. Go to each individual track under track edit, look for the reference calling up to the patch/program change and either delete it or change it to the correct one you want. Then resave. Locate brings the song to the beginning (or wherever you set locate to be) (default is the beginning) and activates all these embedded program changes that are in the first measure from the original midi track that was put there by the original creator of the midi file. Its probably best to delete them all and make your changes and then resave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: