Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volumes not saving properly in Combi mode.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Volumes not saving properly in Combi mode. Reply with quote

I have 2 additional keyboards MIDIed up to the Kronos. Kronos is on MIDI Channel 1, Korg TR61 on Channel 2, and an 88 note Privia on Channel 3. All three keyboards are playing the Kronos engine and nothing else.

I have two Combi patches that use an organ sound on MIDI Channel 2, but whenever I play them the sound is pretty soft, so I adjust the volume and re-save the patch. When I switch patches and go back, the sounds are soft again. Am I doing something wrong when saving, or is this a bug that hopefully will be fixed in OS 1.5?
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't the volume be set from your other keyboards, just a guess here, I could be wrong.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
Wouldn't the volume be set from your other keyboards, just a guess here, I could be wrong.

The only sounds are coming from the Kronos, I can't set the volume from the other keyboards.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Volumes not saving properly in Combi mode. Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
I have 2 additional keyboards MIDIed up to the Kronos. Kronos is on MIDI Channel 1, Korg TR61 on Channel 2, and an 88 note Privia on Channel 3. All three keyboards are playing the Kronos engine and nothing else.

I have two Combi patches that use an organ sound on MIDI Channel 2, but whenever I play them the sound is pretty soft, so I adjust the volume and re-save the patch. When I switch patches and go back, the sounds are soft again. Am I doing something wrong when saving, or is this a bug that hopefully will be fixed in OS 1.5?

Sounds like the TR is sending volume, expression, or something else to the KRONOS. What do you see on the volume sliders on the Combi's main page?

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volume sliders are up. Tried rebooting the TR and the Kronos, problem still there. Also tried different patches on the TR to see if it was a progam sending the info.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seams to be a problem with Tone Adjust. Expression is set at 69 and that's what appears on the screen. I have to dial it back in,save the patch, and then it's fine until I jump to another patch and back.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm, perhaps you discovered a bug!
danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
Seams to be a problem with Tone Adjust. Expression is set at 69 and that's what appears on the screen. I have to dial it back in,save the patch, and then it's fine until I jump to another patch and back.

Why do you think it's related Tone Adjust?

Where do you see expression on the screen? (Note that the CX-3 Expression parameter is not the same as CC#11, which is what I was referring to.)

In order to be helpful, we'd need specifics: exactly what sounds are you using, exactly which parameters you are editing, etc.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
mailman00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having a simular problem with the orch/ethnic drum kit.use it to compose in seq mode,saved it to ssd and came back today and noticed that some of the sounds in the kit did not work or was not loaded.reboot and still the same thing.hoping the 1.5 update will fix this
danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty good bet that these are misunderstandings of how things work, rather than bugs. I really, truly encourage you to contact the product support department of your Korg Distributor; they can get things straightened out for you quickly, often much faster than posting questions on a forum.

- Dan
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like an expression pedal is connected (possibly via midi) and set to about halfway position. Alternatively, is it possible that your TR's expression input is broken? What happens if you take it out of the loop?
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the Privia on channel 2 ... does it have the same issue ??? if yes then its a Kronos problem if not then it the TR !!!

Then you can work a solution from there Smile
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Volumes not saving properly in Combi mode. Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:

You don't mention the precise wiring of your setup. Is there any midi coming into Kronos?
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TR & Privia Midi out to Quadra Merge to Midi In on Kronos. Only Expression Pedal is hooked up to Kronos. Also have a Sustain Pedal hooked up to the Privia which seams sends to all channels. That's a good thing and can be filtered out per sound on the Kronos in Combi mode.

Anyway, I gave up on the original idea and just sent the organ through an amp simulator. Not sure why the expression route didn't work.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the TR on channel 2 is sending messages into Kronos?
I think it's obvious that something is sneaking back into K..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: