Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats the main current reason you have, or want your Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why do you have a Kronos
To enjoy privately at home
41%
 41%  [ 36 ]
To compose original music to sell
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
I am a solo live performer
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
I am part of a gigging band
34%
 34%  [ 30 ]
To learn how to play keyboards
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 86

runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Whats the main current reason you have, or want your Kronos Reply with quote

Another poll, as I wait for my K73.

Hope it develops some interest.

Input on my other polls has been really enjoyable thank you.

Cool

Last edited by runningman67 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't click all five...this will be difficult...
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:

Looks like a lot of folks are toiling with this question if there are only 3 responses (so far).

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:

I see your point.

Main current reason Question
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
Zeroesque wrote:

Looks like a lot of folks are toiling with this question if there are only 3 responses (so far).

i've changed the heading. Hope that helps Rolling Eyes
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's WANT instead of HAVE Smile

But I play in a band and I want to use it mainly for that ... and of course for enjoying myself at home too.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fred S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
For me it's WANT instead of HAVE Smile

But I play in a band and I want to use it mainly for that ... and of course for enjoying myself at home too.

Exactly
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO compliment my Jupiter 80 and vice versa!
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Zeroesque wrote:

I see your point.

Main current reason Question

I chose the first option. I could give up all the others.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the main current reason you have, or want your Kro Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:

Cool

You certainly come up with some interesting polls! I too, would have liked to be able to click on more than one poll option.

BTW: If there's ever a poll as to who comes up with the best polls, you'd get my vote Laughing
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Kronos because it is a logical evolution given the other keyboards I have. Besides it is a Korg and I am in love with the overly hyped sound, Karma and the generally great results I get with the Kronos.

Now that I've spent a great deal of my time playing with the Kronos (At Home, Privately), this keyboard has become a must have (keep) instrument, just for the excellent sonic platform it provides. The more I play with it, the more I enjoy it's raw workstation power.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the main current reason you have, or want your Kro Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
runningman67 wrote:

Cool

You certainly come up with some interesting polls! I too, would have liked to be able to click on more than one poll option.

BTW: If there's ever a poll as to who comes up with the best polls, you'd get my vote Laughing

Cheers chuck. Appreciate that . Laughing
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got the Kronos to compliment my ....

23 Oases, 48 M3s - each MIDIed to a Dave Smith Poly-Evolver, 14 Fantom X8s, 5 Matrix 12s, and my mahogany kazoo. (Sorry... off my meds for a moment there :p)

Seriously though the main reason I got mine was/is for the sound creation potential which covers all of the bases in the poll. My sig will show you that I am a Roland ho, but, I want instruments that have extreme flexibility and power in creating unique soundscapes such that I can really get out of the comfort zone of subtractive synthesis. Korg and Kurzweil do that in a way that Roland could not. Yes, I know the V-Synth GT is great and while I would love to have one, I will wait until the price point drops. The Jupiter 80, while being mainly (note that I wrote MAINLY to avoid a flame war) subtractive does seem to offer some insane possibilities as well. My soon to be significant other wants me to have one Smile

Side note: There is a guy on eBay selling a brand new and factory sealed in box V-Synth GT. I had a bid on it for 2300 USD and there was no reserve. I was the ONLY bidder for FOUR days. The auction ended and I had "won" it. However, the guy IMMEDIATELY messaged me and said he had received an offer of 2500.00 and unless I was willing to pay that, he would sell to the offline winner. Of course that IS against eBay rules. But, I am a nice guy and let it go. Guess what? He has it listed AGAIN. So, being a not so nice guy THIS time around I messaged him that eBay wanted to take action against him but I refused. His excuse for relisting it? The person who was LOCAL and offered the bid never "showed up" for the synth. So, if you are looking for a V-Synth GT, I would suggest staying away from this moron unless you do the buy it now price of 2799 USD. Yes, that is a bargain, but, I have learned my lesson about eBay; I will ONLY do buy it now auctions but NOT from this dude. Oh how SWEET Kronos and GT would have been together, but, I cannot justify paying the same price for a GT when a 73 key Kronos is the same price.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy. I have a Kronos 73 because I want a synth that is cutting edge and I couldn't afford an Oasys. Now I have what I think is better. Before the Hronos I wanted a Roland V Synth GT but since the car pooched out, well, had to get another freakin' car. Bummer! But the wife says, "Make it so!" The main reason i wanted a V Synth was because I just love the screaming lead sound Jordan Rudess gets out of it. Well, since then I decided to stop being such a lazy dumb*uck and program my own screaming lead sounds on my Triton Pro-X. And ya know what? Don't need no steenkin' Rpland! Now I've been working with my Kronos I'm putting together sounds that just kill!
Another reason I bought my Kronos is the feel of the keyboard itself. I'm a classically trained piano player originally and so the feel of the keys are very important to me. I think the Kronos has the best feet of any workstation in this price range especially when you consider all it does.
As far as I'm concerned the Kronos is the best synthesizer that has ever been made.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Chrutil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, to enjoy it at home of course!
Saturday night, just me and my Kronos. Love it!
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: