Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What synth will you NEVER SELL !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
I have regretted selling some things in the past that have cost me more in the long run to buy again(and never in the perfect condition mine were)

Very good point.

When you want to sell an old synth which is in perfect condition you are offered next to nothing. When you're looking for a discontinued synth on the used market you're asked a fortune for a beaten up and worn out piece of gear.

I for sure will never sell a synth I have bought new. And I'll probably never sell a synth I have bought used and in good condition. The more so as I'm very careful with my gear and as I have always carefully chosen my synths so that they complement each other well.

Last edited by EXer on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
I'd like to say I'd never sell my Triton ProX...but with the Kronos, I haven't even turned it on since I received the K.

Ditto. Haven't turned my Triton ProX on either. Since I'm mainly interested in piano patches, I can't see going back to the Triton because the Kronos has the best piano patches I've ever heard!
I won't sell my Privia PX-330 because that's a 26 lb 88-key fully weighted graded hammer action workstation that I can easily take with me for any public performance... keyboard action is good, and piano patches are good too (but nothing compared to the Kronos).
daybyter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawai K4: sold it, regretted it, so I bought another one...learned from it => will not sell it again... Smile
shawnhar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious what you use the K4 for?

I seriously lusted after one back in the day, but never owned one and don't see many people using them these days.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because NO 2 guitars are the same ..... I can sell my Kronos and buy one in 3 years time ... it will be the same !!!

If i sell my Strat and by another one ... oh my it would be different on so many levels ... Only minute levels agreed but in terms of playing and teaching it would take a while to get used to a new guitar.

Kevin Nolan wrote:
TSUNAMI wrote:
No synth has greater pull on me that i would never sell .... You can ALWAYS get a replacement that would be the same ...

Now Guitars thats a very different matter

Why a different matter for guitars?

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daybyter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawnhar wrote:
Curious what you use the K4 for?

I seriously lusted after one back in the day, but never owned one and don't see many people using them these days.

Most of the time, I play piano and organ sounds. Often for solos added to music, that I create with my E-50 arranger. I also like the e-pianos a lot. I even started a small DIY project to build my own midi pedal after watching the Swimmy cover of that Dream Theater song.
Hard to explain, why I like it. Maybe it has just the right complexity for me. Enough to create almost any kind of sound, including drums etc. but simple enough to find the waveforms quickly and combine them in a way to get a sound, that I like. Maybe an engine like VAST can do much more, but at the same time it's quite complex and needs a lot more time to learn.

But I guess over all, it's really a personal relationship and not really based on facts.
Phabius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nord Modular G2X
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regrets: Ensoniq SQ80, Juno 106
ldascanio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never say never..but at the moment Z1 and Oasys are safe at home and I cannot see any of them sold in the future Smile

Rgds.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always say that I will never my Korg Karma because this is my first synth. Maybe the Kronos, depending of what the synth/workstation market will evolve.
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would never sell: Triton Classic 64 mb SCSI/ CF-Reader. Just a road warrior.

Regret Selling- DX-7 "road warrior king"
Motif 6 Classic

Current- M3 73,MOx6,Kawai K4, Hammond B200
Phabius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Kawai K4, my second PCM synth (the first was a K1m tabletop module). It wasn't expensive and sounded quite well with its digital resonant filters...

Here's a song from the early nineties. Most sounds are from the K4 - percussion, sound FX, evolving waves, pads, synth brass, etc.
(and with an odd ARP Odyssey solo at the end...)
It was sequenced on a Yamaha QX5 and recorded/mixed on analog equipment, with no much experience at the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am5poX7ScG0

This one is pure KORG (01/Wfd, 01R/W, 03R/W, X3, Wavestation SR):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InfRmTz2LkI&feature=related

(Except for the DX7S solo in the middle...)
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll Play:

Would never sell:
Korg 01/Wr: After selling my 01/W pro to get an EX5 (Which was nice, but not all it was cracked up to be so I traded for a Motif shortly after) I regretted it and was what I played in some of my formative years and I really loved the patches I had accumulated during the time I had it.

Today I just noticed what appears to be the 01/w Waveshaping stuff in the KRONOS! Now if it wasn't so much damn work I could possibly find legacy waveforms in the Kronos and recreate the patches. Sadly, that'll never happen due to time. However if Korg ever adds 01/w Legacy capability that will actually READ 01/w patches (Or a patch convertor) I'd then sell it assuming it works as expected.

Kawai K5000s: It's just really unique, is a great feeling keyboard and is it's own thing.

Yamaha FS1R: Well MAYBE I'd sell it with Mod-7 in the Kronos. This machine has a lot more algorithms than the original DX stuff, so who knows. If I could successfully port all the patches to where it was redundant I'd sell.

Ensoniq ESQ-1:My first synth! Still works, still cool and quirky, and frankly it's practically worthless on the used market. Might as well kepp her!

Probably will sell:
Roland JD-990 w/VS card:Bought it on a whim from forum hype. Some real cool sounds, but I rarely use it. The technology and layering capabilities are REALLY limiting at times. If I can emulate in Kronos, might sell.

Definitely will sell:
Korg M50-61: Sample the few sounds from it the Kronos doesn't have and sell it once the Kronos is ready to take it's place on the Gigs.
Slovenec

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will never sell my Korg T3EX! It's my 1st proper synth and I still use it for gigging Smile

I regret selling my DW8000. I sold it for a profit but I loved that synth. I also regret selling my Z1 with 18 voice expansion. I also got a good 2nd hand price for it but I was totally under utilising it when I decided to sell it. I realised what I was missing when it was gone! Sad
Muji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:
I will never sell my Korg m3+exb-Radias&M256

I thought the same, but I just did. No replacement in sight. I'm back to basics. Let's see how long I last...

Korg Microkorg
StudioLogic VMK-176+ Keyboard Controller
Ketron SD2 Sound Module
Alesis SR-16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: