Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Sound Libraries
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbalaa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: New Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Hi All,

Release date on these ? http://korg.com/go.aspx?kronos_sounds

I'm just wondering when can we hear the demos and see the pricing.

THanks.
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Sound Libraries Reply with quote

rbalaa wrote:
Hi All,

THanks.
Quote from site:
Quote:
expected to be released in mid-October
I'm not sure if there is any official pricing for all of the packs yet, but atleast a price of $249 is quoted on http://www.korg.co.jp/Product/Synthesizer/KRONOS/soundlibraries.html for the ExS sample libraries and $24-59 for the KRS packages

Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
rbalaa wrote:
Hi All,

THanks.
Quote from site:
Quote:
I'm not sure if there is any official pricing for all of the packs yet, but atleast a price of $249 is quoted on http://www.korg.co.jp/Product/Synthesizer/KRONOS/soundlibraries.html for the ExS sample libraries and $24-59 for the KRS packages

Pff, for $250, it better be tons of stuff and kick ass sounds all the way. I wouldn't spend that kind of dough to get 2 or 3 sounds.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
Jon Lord wrote:
rbalaa wrote:
Hi All,

THanks.
Quote from site:
Quote:

Pff, for $250, it better be tons of stuff and kick ass sounds all the way. I wouldn't spend that kind of dough to get 2 or 3 sounds.

Am I reading it correctly on that site in saying that you can't get any of those individually? I'd like to maybe get the piano one (MAYYYBE), but definitely not wanting all of that for that much $!
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New Sound Libraries Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
Am I reading it correctly on that site in saying that you can't get any of those individually? I'd like to maybe get the piano one (MAYYYBE), but definitely not wanting all of that for that much $!
Sorry, maybe I was unclear. But they are sold separately of course. And there's no use start raging Cool before all of the prices have been released.

franzlp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've obviously not dealt with the high quality work Karo has produced in the past. OASYS folks have known this already.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Sound Libraries Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:
Sorry, maybe I was unclear. But they are sold separately of course. And there's no use start raging Cool before all of the prices have been released.

Phew...thought so but when I looked at pricing I couldn't see them listed separately.

Sounds good.

As for being experienced with KARO stuff...nope. I also know that the piano sounds are already a large step above anything I've ever used so I'm not sure if another step is worth the investment? We will see. Lookin forward to some demos of it.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard November
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
I've heard November

Here we go again . . . .
mm-pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping they will have the libraries at the New York AES convention in October.

Regards,

MM
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine the 1.5 OS upgrade would have to be distributed and matured by the time the new Libraries ship in order to take advantage of the new expanded Banks. So November makes perfect sense.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
TSUNAMI wrote:
I've heard November

Here we go again . . . .

+1
popmann

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI...$250 is a LOT for an expansion unless it's SUPER huge an all encompassing. That's what Roland charged for theirs because of the board+expensive ROM on them. This you would just download to a thumdrive of your own, right? Then put on the SSD? This should be something that's cheap...and why not open it to third party devs?

The drums and strings are the weakest part of the board, IMO...I kind of feel like it was intentional--to sell the expansions. But, that's the biz. I'll buy the drum and string...but, only if they're GREAT...go ahead and throw in a well programmed horn section card. Smile
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popmann wrote:
Just FYI...$250 is a LOT for an expansion unless it's SUPER huge an all encompassing. That's what Roland charged for theirs because of the board+expensive ROM on them. This you would just download to a thumdrive of your own, right? Then put on the SSD? This should be something that's cheap...and why not open it to third party devs?

The drums and strings are the weakest part of the board, IMO...I kind of feel like it was intentional--to sell the expansions. But, that's the biz. I'll buy the drum and string...but, only if they're GREAT...go ahead and throw in a well programmed horn section card. Smile

They did open it to third party.. Karo Sound is it.. and they are going to be priced More than $250 comparing to the prices on their Oasys libraries.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karo sounds are good but very over priced IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: