Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sounds for the Microstation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tac2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG MICROSTATION CUSTOM COMBS BY KORGMAN.. FREE!! Reply with quote

korgmann wrote:

I would like to inform that I´ve created some Custon Combs to Korg Microstation.

These patches are really good. Thanks for sharing them!

However, I want to combine these patches and the other soundpack I've downloaded. The ones I already have in the user category get overwritten each time I transfer these new sounds.

Is there any way to move patches in the browser, maybe re-order them or combine two or more PCG-files so that I can use both Dan Stesco's patches AND the Korgmann patches so that for instance Korgmann's patch #1 which is something like a Van Halen Jump synth gets stored in slot number 43 (if dan stesco's last patch is located at slot #42).

Or is it possible to import just a few patches from a PCG-file into the editor on a computer, and transfer just a few of them over to the microSTATION on-board memory, combining your favorite sounds from different PCG-files into the user category?

I have created sub categories for each pack in the USER section and assigned all of the combis from one pack into one of the sub categories, but they all disappear when I import another pack. It replaces everything. I just want to add more sounds not replace everything each time. I've even tried importing PCG-files with the USB-cable detached and then tried to connect again and just transfer what I want but it doesn't work (didn't expect it to but still). Rolling Eyes
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a way to do it, but it is extremely tedious and you have to juggle data files around...

First make a back up copy of all your patches as is to your memory card or computer and take note of what file number this will be. For reference, we'll call this "1"

Next, load the file with the new patches you want to keep and copy them over into one specific bank that will be easy to remember (Bank A, Patch 1, 2, 3 etc...). Go ahead and overwrite the patches that are in there for now, you'll be able to reload them later. After that, save this entire batch of data to your memory card as a new program that is separate from the one you first saved. We'll call this "2"

Next, load the other file with patches you want to keep and write them all to Bank B. Save this again as a new set of Program data. We'll call this "3"

Now, go to the memory card or PC and load only Bank A from file "2", then only Bank B from file "3". Now you have access to all new the patches you saved, so copy these over to the user section, then finally reload Bank A and B from file "1" to return those banks to normal, then save the whole thing as is.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gotta point out... it's pretty lame of Korg to say "Tweak, edit, create and save up to 512 sound Programs" but then only give you access to 32 blank USER patches at a time unless you start saving over the presets.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
tac2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
There is a way to do it, but it is extremely tedious and you have to juggle data files around...

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Great explanation - I understand the process completely (I have done a lot of copying of patches in the editor before, but thats only inside one datafile/package)! However, I havent really found how to just load one specific bank from a package. If I knew how to do that I could probably do exactly as you explained, but the reason I haven't managed to combine sounds is pretty much because I mess up in the loading process where it loades a complete PCG-file and thus overwrites everything. If only I could load just a single bank and then copy the sounds from that bank over to the user section one by one like you say, I would be fine.

So if someone knows how to load just one bank and not import a whole set, please explain and I would be able to follow the guide above! I can load entire PCG-files when I just need to move the sounds from the user section of the source PCG to another bank inside the source PCG, but when loading the source PCG bank into the target PCG I will need to choose bank and not overwrite everything as I do now, because now it loades the entire PCG and uploades it to the microSTATION.

Lately my microSTATION has started to give me load errors though. Always new problems Sad
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know you can load specific Program banks from the memory card from the Global menu, but I've only done this manually from the synth, not the editor.
LFCMusic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried this but should work in theory, I think... Not at the keyboard at the moment.

Saving tweaked sounds, whether in Program or Combination in Seq. mode as a song.

Example: Lets say I want to use these 3 Combi Sounds in this particular order, back to back for a song called "Generic Ballad Song".

Keys- 002 ApolloKeys- *Verse*
Strings- 008 OCt. Strings- *Chorus*
Guitar- 002 A. Gtrs&Vox- *Bridge*

Go to the sound and make your tweaks (if need be) and go into seq mode. Save the Sound as GenBlldVerse.ng..ect.. ect..

GenBlldverse.sng -Keys
GenBlldChorus.sng- Strings
Genblldbrdge.sng- Guitar

Do this in the order of your set with each idivdual song and all you have to do is press the increment button to go to the next sound.

Again this is all in theory as I'm not in front of the keyboard.

-Past Gear-
Korg: M50, Trinity, Triton, 01WFD, 05RW, X5D, SP-100 & N364
Yamaha: Motif 8
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
it's pretty lame of Korg to say "Tweak, edit, create and save up to 512 sound Programs" but then only give you access to 32 blank USER patches at a time unless you start saving over the presets.

Korg has long allowed users to overwrite all patch memory in their synths, many Roland and Yamaha users wished the same was possible on their boards. Rolling Eyes

Guess it's all personal perspective Wink
randyrocker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: How to load the patches . help me noob and dumb guitar playe Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have only had the Microstation for a bit over a week and I am lost..
How would load the patches by Dan? without overwriting the current one's?
I know I know I am dumb as blank..

Thanks in advance Smile
randyrocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

splinters wrote:
These don't overwrite existing patches/combis as far as I can tell, they add them to the user sections. Great sounds by the way.

Yeah I loaded these and they just showed up in the user section did not overwrite anything
johnroney

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: librarian Reply with quote

you guys gotta admit that the librarian software on the microstation needs a serious upgrade- regardless of where/how the patches are saved.
i managed to program an entire show on this thing, and finally get it so that i just cycle thru the patches for each song. TOOK ME 2 WEEKS OF PAINSTAKING TWEAKING ! and, i know the machine inside/out. the same process took me 3 hours on mainstage. go figure. but, the microstation doesn't crash (doesn't sound like my plugins either, though...)...
seriously, korg... UPDATE THE LIBRARIAN - we need:
1. drag n' drop
2. easy copy ALL IFX transfer (between combis)
3. easy channel copy (between combis) - you tweak a nice rhodes, and then you want rhodes with a pad, and you have start again from scratch. (or copy over another location)....
4. better location control

seriously, this machine is GREAT... the thing holding it back is the archaic interface. why not a decent ARP programmer... or, arp import via midi?

or drag/drop? this has been standard since windows 95. geez.
does anybody actually use this thing to produce songs? everybody i know is stuck on the interface, using the program presets. or just using it to control ableton or mainstage.
once you start programming a little deeper, you'll notice that it is indeed AMAZING, but the interface SUCKS.
any computer whizzes out there?
bradkorg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there will be any update soon/ever, as this budget mS is done/working enough. They will now only focus on the newest or the expensiver instruments (Kronos) first.

I use the mS with a DAW/FL Studio to produce songs, but sometimes it's nice to play around on the mS without a computer.
splinters

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to combine the two sound sets here and would share the data to load into a microstation? Love the keyboard but just dont have time to learn how the programming bit works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: