Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW CD OUT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbland0614

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: NEW CD OUT Reply with quote

Hey yall, I just released the CD I did entirely on the KRONOS. I really am not very good at all with mixing and production yet, but I am learning. The name im using is Thyrd Chance, and the title of the CD is through a doorway.
www.thyrdchance.com
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Self promotion Reply with quote

Hi Scott
I'm not sure that pure self promotion is allowed on here Scott.
Maybe you could add something for the forum members. How easy do you find programming the sequencer, do you like the screen size, is your fan noisy, do you have any tips . how are you planning to promote your work. Maybe you have some advice for other composers on the Forum that equally want compositions heard and are seeking the same dream as you. I'm sure I speak for others on the forum. A life of making music and being paid enough to express oneself for the rest of our lives would be incredible. I wish you well with your CD and your dream.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a special forum folder about promoting music here.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sbland0614

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: you are right Reply with quote

Hi, I really apologize if I offended anyone, Moderator folks please move this to the correct forum or delete it, and I will post something in another forum later.
runningman67 I can see what you mean and you put it in a rather nice way.
All these folks in the forum know more than me about the Kronos in my opinion. I found the sequencer extremely easy to use, although I wanted more insert FX slots to use. I need to learn more about how to utilize the effects better.
There is no problem with fan noise for me on this since I plugged the mike and the guitar straight into the audio inputs. But just sitting here it is not very loud unless you are really really just looking for something wrong or listening very closely. The build quality is fine. My data knob has not budged and I have not replaced it even though Korg mailed me a new one. I am not having problems. However, I dont gig with this board right now. I gig with the 2661 and i do feel like the 2661 is built like a tank compared to the Kronos.
I had a real problem finding a cabinet/distortion effect for the guitar. I tried a few different guitars but was unable to get the tone I really wanted. I believe this is my problem on not tweaking enough and not a Kronos issue. I just need to learn the effects as I am used to stomp boxes. So for me, trying to route my guitar through Kronos internal effects was very much like giving me way to much information to work with.
The vocals were fine with a dynamic mike. I wish it had a d-esser so I would not hit so hard with my sssss and so forth.
The creative process was super fast. Just sit down and play. Write down the changes and then find the next part/sound and go.
Again I meant no offense. I was very excited and still have not slept yet. So I was not so much trying to get you guys to buy what I made as I was trying to say hey there, look what I did with just the Kronos that I was lucky enough to get the day of release here. To be honest with you I think that ANYONE who reads this board could have taken the music I wrote and made it sound better than I can, but just the fact that I did it all without logic, or anything external was pretty hip to me.
Gosh, this is a very long post saying, runningman, you are correct and I am sorry.
peace.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: It wasn't easy Reply with quote

Peace to you.

What can I say. You've completely redeemed yourself Smile
That's a superb post. I'm hoping to have my 73 this week. It was actually refreshing to hear about your projects and see your website. I think we have alot in common.

I wish you well and I'll let you know how I get on with my 73 when it finally arrives (sigh!)

Peace........and success!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: