Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microstation and sonar x1 producer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fritzl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: microstation and sonar x1 producer Reply with quote

Hi Friends, I´m new here. I have a problem with sonar and my new microstation. I want to use sonar as sequencer but I don´t know how to select the microstation programs from sonar. Is there any way to select the microstation sounds using sonar? The only banks that appears are general midi!
Excuse my english please
crofter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the vst version of the microstation editor and select Microstation as the midi output.
DS10
Mini KP
alesis Micron
Juno D
Blofeld
monotron
Microstation
Fritzl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried, but selecting in the microstation editor) global-software setup-midi setting, I can´t mark "send microstation midi out data to the host application(vst plug in only)"
The midi in port es microstation keyboard, and the midi out port is microstation sound
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use SONAR as my main sequencer - to select sounds in it you must first have an instrument definition file (*.INS) - usually these are user-created and you can usually find one around on the internet. To me it's sort of a pain to use it in this way, so here are two other options.

1 - name your tracks, and leave the bank/program fields blank so you are not sending any program/bank change data over MIDI. change your programs from the microSTATION's interface only, and when you save your project in SONAR, save the template in the microSTATION's UI. then when you call up the template next time you open your song, everything is as you left it.

2 - use the editor in the same way as above, but this will eliminate the need to save a template. create a SONAR template that automatically loads the Korg microSTATION VST editor, and set it up so it won't send any PCG data ... just SEQ. Similarly, when you save your SONAR project, it will save all of your settings. This option gets a little complicated, so if you're not used to using the editor, you might want to avoid it.

I don't think the editor works as seamlessly in SONAR as it does other DAW's... if it does i'm apparently missing something.
Fritzl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me Gargamel, I am a total beginner here, I remember using cakewalk 3.0, but these new tools....!!! Could you please explain it again slowly ?
Thanks in advance

I have selected two midi tracks with two diferent sounds sending midi data from sonar to the microstation, but when I press play in sonar the two tracks has the same sound!!!! Embarassed
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritzl wrote:
Excuse me Gargamel, I am a total beginner here, I remember using cakewalk 3.0, but these new tools....!!! Could you please explain it again slowly ?
Thanks in advance

I have selected two midi tracks with two diferent sounds sending midi data from sonar to the microstation, but when I press play in sonar the two tracks has the same sound!!!! Embarassed

you need to use SEQ mode on the microstation for any sequences, and in sonar, assign each track to a different MIDI channel.

a run down from the earlier post:

In Track view name whatever tracks you're using (name them... whatever you want).

In Track 1 (should be a MIDI track), arm the track to record by clicking on the R. Set the track volume (i usually start with 80 on all tracks). Set the track's MIDI channel to channel 1. make sure the track's output is assigned to your Korg USB driver, and the input is set to "MIDI Omni."

On the microstation, you should be working in SEQ mode. go to Track1, and select a program to use like Piano. go to the effects page and set up your desired effects (or copy them from a program if you like).

In Track 2, you should be able to follow the same process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: