Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New digital Piano coming on Namm 2012 with Kronos SGX + Ep
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
aron wrote:
I agree. Just return it and get another or sell it. Everyone has heard about the problems. Now do something about it.

The only reason I will sell it is if Korg comes back and tells me it is normal and within their tolerances. I really hope that isn't what ends up happening.

It would be interesting to hear a Korg rep chime in and tell us if the RH3 picture I posted looks normal.

Please note that this forum is an independent entity, and is not used for official technical support. As I've suggested previously, if you have any concerns you should contact your Korg dealer or national Korg Distributor. They should be glad to help. For contact information for all Korg Distributors, world-wide, please see my signature.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
It's a little disturbing to see such a large variation in key spacing/height from keyboard to keyboard. Some seem acceptable (Jim's) while others are clearly not (Bruce's and McHale's). One possibility is that they've relaxed the QC specs a bit in order to get more units out in this crucial first couple of shipments.

I hope you don't expect dental work on the Internet, too
Smile
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:

The only reason I will sell it is if Korg comes back and tells me it is normal and within their tolerances.

If you're talking about sending it to Korg as a warranty return, this is highly probable. The unit is not defective in any way, besides the uneven keys which are more of a cosmetic issue. They might not even attempt to adjust the keys. So no, I wouldn't bother with this route since you'll probably end up footing the bill for shipping.

If you could return to the retailer, that would be best but probably not possible anymore.

I would recommend to sell it as quickly as possible while you can still demand a good price.
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Bruce Lychee wrote:
aron wrote:
I agree. Just return it and get another or sell it. Everyone has heard about the problems. Now do something about it.

The only reason I will sell it is if Korg comes back and tells me it is normal and within their tolerances. I really hope that isn't what ends up happening.

It would be interesting to hear a Korg rep chime in and tell us if the RH3 picture I posted looks normal.

Please note that this forum is an independent entity, and is not used for official technical support. As I've suggested previously, if you have any concerns you should contact your Korg dealer or national Korg Distributor. They should be glad to help. For contact information for all Korg Distributors, world-wide, please see my signature.

- Dan

Thank you. I will definitely contact appropriate channels on the matter. I can understand your reluctance to comment on these types of things in a public forum and appreciate your input thus far.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
That sounds like a logical thing to do.

But what I'd really REALLY want is a Kronos spin-off with just the synth engines. No HD-1, no SGX-1, no EP-1, just all the other synth engines. And perhaps a few engines more (like wind physical modeling in addition to STR-1, and then the missing Wavestation EX, M1 EX, and of course, Mono/Poly EX, all missing from the Legacy Collections!). More knobs instead of sliders (ENDLESS ROTARIES, PLEASE!), additional pedal inputs, vector joystick for Wavestation, I'm a happy camper.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat in case Korg wouldn't cheap out on the build.

If they put them all in a ms-20 like chassis with all knobs, real patching points and maybe adding sliders would be great
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 88 Keybed Reply with quote

lbartram wrote:
I've read a lot of the posts in this thread. I own a Kronos 88. For me, it is the nicest action I've ever experienced in a keyboard (other than a Steinway Model D that I played once)...

This Kronos keybed is the best of them all, and I include the Motif, here, that I dearly loved.

My brother's wife made a similar assessment comparing literally way more than a dozen keyboards, which I posted at the bottom of page 3 of his thread. Though they were an M-50 and M3, they use the same RH3 keybed.
Rocness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this true , that a new digital Piano coming on Namm 2012 with Kronos SGX + Ep ?

If so , what would that mean for the SV-1 ?

What Korg should make is a really nice tone wheel organ with mechanical slider bars with SGX piano , EP-1 , strings , clavs and pad sounds .
Now that would be really nice Very Happy .
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ALMOST already exists and is called the Kronos 61.

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that people keep requesting subsets of the Kronos that exclude maybe three of the nine engines and extra control options?
I honestly believe that if such a product came to market those same people would either complain about one of their favorite engines missing, or still opt for the Kronos because it wouldn't be all that much more expensive. And if more control is needed, hook up whatever midi gear you want.
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that people keep requesting subsets of the Kronos that exclude maybe three of the nine engines and extra control options?
I honestly believe that if such a product came to market those same people would either complain about one of their favorite engines missing, or still opt for the Kronos because it wouldn't be all that much more expensive. And if more control is needed, hook up whatever midi gear you want.

I think there is a big market for digital stage pianos. The quality of the Kronos piano and EP engines would make for a compelling product. The SV1 was a nice idea, but the new engines could really make the SV2 a killer product.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:

I agree, and I want to add that removing or adding a synth engine will not add or reduce any production cost. Actually, to remove software modules only cost time to test mainly.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rocness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:

Yea but I was referring to something with great build quality .

I'm talking about a stage piano with elegance and class with excellent craftsmanship like the new Hammound SK-1 and SK-2
http://www.hammondorganco.com/

Korg should make a stage piano
With all your bread and butter sounds....

Tone wheel organ with mechanical slider bars with SGX piano , EP-1 , strings , clavs , pads and efx's .

I think korg would do very good in that area but built quality must be 2nd to none .
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tone wheel organ with mechanical slider bars with SGX piano , EP-1 , strings , clavs , pads and efx's .

Cool new stage piano called the "Korg Kronos". Has everything you mentioned and comes in a 73 and 88 weighted version. Couple of screws and you can have built-in speakers too!

Cool
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:

Well kronos is a workstation not a real performing synth like old and new analog or virtual analog... lot of people really like the ms-20, polysix and monopoly sounds and character but now the originals ones have a too high price and not all people love to gig with a laptop to use the vst version... think a synth with korg modeling of their vintage goodies and full of real time controllers like in the past...
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
Quote:

Cool new stage piano called the "Korg Kronos". Has everything you mentioned and comes in a 73 and 88 weighted version. Couple of screws and you can have built-in speakers too!

Cool

Unfortunately, the Kronos has *not* the same build quality as (e.g.) a Roland RD-700 stage piano...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: