Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS vs. KRONOS: sound quality
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

Haha! Well load in an OASYS PCG File into KRONOS and you will hear ZERO difference. The Programs and Combis in KRONOS have been tweaked. That's IT. That's why the OASYS "seems" to sound better.

Sina

Then the tweaking thing was not well done if the pretweaked sounds better.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol
LOl
loL
LoL
lOl...

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I blind-tested the Kronos vs Oasys (same combis but each board's own version) I picked the Kronos as sounding better each time. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong as taste is subjective, but perhaps having listened to the Oasys for the past six years has colored your ears towards that sound somewhat? Hearing the Kronos could then sound like your Oasys through a weird EQ or something.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
When I blind-tested the Kronos vs Oasys (same combis but each board's own version) I picked the Kronos as sounding better each time. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong as taste is subjective, but perhaps having listened to the Oasys for the past six years has colored your ears towards that sound somewhat? Hearing the Kronos could then sound like your Oasys through a weird EQ or something.

This might be true, for most synthesizers I need some time to get 'used' to the new sounds, just because I know the old synth sounds too well. It might that the new sounds sound at least strange and unfamiliar then.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:

What were your blind test conditions - how precisely did you do these tests?

Kevin.
dranandj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal observation on internet forums.....

"longer the thread, lower the value of discussion"

To me it seems quite clear that if there is so much agreement and disagreement on this subject, the differences in sound between oasys and kronos is probably too subtle to warrant comparison and get worked up about.

Also even if there are differences it appears as though it is probably because of some tweaks on the effects rather than the actual sounds themselves reconfirming the fact that kronos is just oasys II with a slightly better hardware and computer connectivity.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with dranandj on this now.

They're both good.

On a CD, in a live gig (without seeing the boards), I don't think anyone could tell the difference unless there was some SST notes going on...

It's like can anyone tell the difference between a stradivarius cello and a Joseph Hill?

I can't. And I've heard them both for about 10 years...
billy shadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: OASYS vs. KRONOS: sound quality Reply with quote

I had Kronos and oasys I sold Kronos because I thought oasys sounded better still do.i was at seminar in Seoul and the Italian engineer that designed both it was something he said that made the sound of oasys different its clear to me they sounded different m3 has different sound engine also those boards are nice to me the sounds the functions repair people say oasys is very labor intensive to repair
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: