Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Oasys
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools for Oasys Reply with quote

HISTORY
======
As most people know I have been busy (and still am) with an app to generate lists out of a PCG file.

Since it is now also supporting Oasys PCG files I added this post here.

Please look into the following topic for a new Free application:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63765

Updates will be posted in the topic above and a notification will be added here too.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
t_tangent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Michel, and I look forward to trying it out. Much appreciated. Smile
SoulBe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t_tangent wrote:
Thanks very much Michel, and I look forward to trying it out. Much appreciated. Smile

+1

and when we have such skilled users here maybe we will sometimes have a file/program/combie organiser for pc ..... Wink

best regards
SoulBe
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBe wrote:
t_tangent wrote:

+1

and when we have such skilled users here maybe we will sometimes have a file/program/combie organiser for pc ..... Wink

best regards
SoulBe

Actually I'm thinking about making one ... on the other hand ... I hope Korg will do its job good when they make the editor for the Kronos. If time allows I will continue to try to make a (simple) librarian.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SoulBe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

I hope Korg will do its job good when they make the editor for the Kronos. If time allows I will continue to try to make a (simple) librarian.

I have a strong suspicion that if they release a librarian for the Kronos it won´t work for Oasys Wink ....... so let´s wait an see Smile

best regards
SoulBe
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBe wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

I hope Korg will do its job good when they make the editor for the Kronos. If time allows I will continue to try to make a (simple) librarian.

I have a strong suspicion that if they release a librarian for the Kronos it won´t work for Oasys Wink ....... so let´s wait an see Smile

best regards
SoulBe

It might be possible but it's really almost the same structure. It took me about 2 hours to make my app compatible with the Oasys and about 5 hours to make it compatible with the Korg Triton Extreme (not yet published that part).

Btw, the editor is another story. I'm not going to make that. Only an editor maybe for the most basic features not offered by the normal editor (like combi transpose).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New functionality is added to my app.

0.1.3.53 08-Aug-2011
Feature: Combi Content List
Support: Support for Korg Triton Extreme PCG files.
Improv: Added option to ignore first program and ignore muted or off timbres.
Improv: Added option for enabling filtering text in programs, combis, set list slot names
Bug Fix: Problem fixed with partial Korg Kronos/Oasys files.

For more details, please refer to http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63765

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.1.5.62 14-Aug-2011
Feature: All lists can be generated in XML format.
Improv: Output file can be set (and opened by connected application)
Improv: Screen layout changed.
Bug fix: CSV File format improved (can handle commas in names of patches)
Bug fix: If the PCG file cannot be read, the app does not crash but gives a message box.

I also spent time for making a command line interface (passing arguments instead of a GUI), but this cannot be published on the usual way. If somebody wants that version, please let me know and I will send it.

See the link in my signature for all details about the app.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it is time for another update. This time as promised something for everybody (not supporting more synth models this time).

This time differences lists are added. Some fragments look as follows:

Code:

Program I-A074
 6 Diffs: U-E062
Program U-A000
 6 Diffs: U-A001
 7 Diffs: U-A002
Set List Slot 000/024
 4 Diffs: 000/027
 8 Diffs: 000/025
 25 Diffs: 000/029
Set List Slot 000/030
 24 Diffs: 000/031

This list shows for every program, combi and set list their similar patches. You can define how many bytes a patch should differ maximally and you can select to ignore patch names and ignore descriptions (for set list slots). Of course most usual options apply (like selecting which program, combi banks and set lists to take into account) and output is in text, CSV or XML.

Some ideas to use this lists for:
- you have once copied programs or combis but you are forgotten where you copied them from (or you want to have a list of them)
- you can check if someone just copied patches with small differences or if it are real new patches
- you want to know which patches are equal or similar.

However, take into account that one byte difference can make a very big difference, it depends on the parameter but this is almost impossible to automate.

0.1.6.64 18-Aug-2001
Feature: Differences List.
Improv: Changed parameters in command line interface.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been some time ago I updated PCG Tools. Reasons where:
- vacation (away from computer)
- thinking about what to create next
- checksum for Kronos PCG files

With some help of others (thanks), I have managed to be able not only generate lists (existing functionality), but also:

PATCH LISTS ON GUI: All patches are shown on the GUI. This makes it possible to select them to perform actions like:

EDIT PROGRAM NAMES: From now on you can edit names of any program in a PCG file.

EDIT COMBI NAMES: Same but for combination names.

EDIT SET LIST NAMES: Same but for set lists.

EDIT SET LIST DESCRIPTIONS: Tired of editing those (max) 512 characters in the Kronos: do it from a normal keyboard instead!

Much more features will be added (hopefully) soon.

Update involves:
0.2.0.75 3-Sep-2011
Feature: Show banks with programs, combis and set list slots on GUI.
Feature: Ability to change names of Programs, Combis and Set List Slots.
Feature: Ability to change descriptions of Set List Slots.
Improv: CHanged text "Kronos PCG File Name" to "PCG File Name.
Bug Fix: Default settings/enabling of UI checkboxes for filtering on text.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Panrixx for notifying me of a problem. I just sent out a new update.

leo200

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for update!

What do you think about possibility to build PCG converter discussed here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64746&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

OASYS 76 #000145, Kurzweil K2600S, Yamaha QS300
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leo200 wrote:
Thanks for update!

What do you think about possibility to build PCG converter discussed here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64746&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I replied in the same thread. Personally I don't think it's just a matter of a PCG converter.

leo200

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Personally I don't think it's just a matter of a PCG converter.

What you mean? If Korg producing new sounds for STR-1 engine- there is no way to play it on OASYS?(with PCG converting)

OASYS 76 #000145, Kurzweil K2600S, Yamaha QS300
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leo200 wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Personally I don't think it's just a matter of a PCG converter.

What you mean? If Korg producing new sounds for STR-1 engine- there is no way to play it on OASYS?(with PCG converting)

I would have to sort out if programs for the Kronos and Oasys would be equal. If that is the case, in some circumstances it should be possible (like assuming no samples are used).

I will do a short examination later and I will put it in the future ideas list. If it is not too much work I will implement it, but converting from different models is (for now) beyond the scope of my application. Other features need to be addressed first before making this feature possible, such as copying programs from one PCG to another (even from the same synth model).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: