Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for your update - and there's absolutely no reason for explaining why it took some time - I guess all members of the community are very happy that there is somebody giving additional support! Cool
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Features sugestion: export kronos pcg to oasys format Wink
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great so far running in both Windows XP and Windows 7 (both in VMWare Fusion 3 for Leopard)! Also works great in Windows XP for boot camp (also on a Leopard-based Mac). I'll let you know about Windows 7 for boot camp once I'm done installing boot camp drivers!

Dank je wel and keep up the good work!!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:

That's a really great idea. Do you have both an Oasys and Kronos or are you just putting the recommendation out there? If so I'd be willing to do a little more PCG mapping of a sample Oasys program via Kronos and vice-versa.
I have access to a Kronos 61 and several Oasys PCG's but not to an actual Oasys to test out the conversion.

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to have an oasys but not anymore, only a kronos, but i'd like to give some of my kronos pcg to oasys friends Wink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:

For now it's a bit beyond the scope of my app, but in future I will defeneately look into it.

As far as the engines already existing in the Oasys it should not be a problem. I will put it into the future list. THanks for the idea.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
I use to have an oasys but not anymore, only a kronos, but i'd like to give some of my kronos pcg to oasys friends Wink

I hear that. That's one of the reasons I'm so interested in the PCG format is being able to convert back-and-forth between Kronos and Triton (i.e. Kronos HD-1 and Triton programs/combis).
I'm a huge fan of Michel's efforts and endeavour to provide a similar amount of functionality in my own utilities I'm developing (which right now are mainly between KLC'07 FXB and Kronos PCG). Btw, not to hijack this thread with a new subject; but, what engine are you most fond of in the Kronos?

Cheers!

Hardware:

Software:
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx michel

Cyn> all the synths engines Wink
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
Thanx michel

Cyn> all the synths engines Wink

That's the same answer I'd give!! What choose when you don't have to!! Twisted Evil

Cheers!

Hardware:

Software:
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment.

I will do a check to see if conversion of shared engines is possible from/to Kronos/Oasys is possible, but even then some other features need to be addressed (see the PCG Tools thread in the oasys folder for more info). But it's already on the future ideas list.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a check for conversion of Kronos to Oasys programs, but since programs are not equally sized in the PCG and since there is no MIDI specification available for the Oasys (unlike every other recent Korg model), it will be too much work for now.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Updated version: 0.2.1.78 Reply with quote

A new version is released.

SUPPORT FOR KORG KARMA AND KORG TRITON
With update the Korg Karma and most Korg Triton models are now (more or less) supported.

Also now it is possible to move programs, combis and set list slots within a single bank. Moving to other banks will be a later update.

EASY MOVING OF PROGRAMS, COMBIS, SET LIST SLOTS WITHIN A BANK
When programs are moved, automatically the combis and set list slots using those programs will be fixed.

When combis are moved, automatically the set list slots using those combis will be fixed.

Furthermore, some fixes have been done. See details below for the full change list.

Code:

0.2.1.78     7-Sep-2011 Feature: Moving programs, combis, set list slots up and down with automatic reference updating.
            10-Sep-2011 Support: Support for Korg Triton (Classic), Triton Rack, Triton Le, Triton Le88, Triton Studio,
                                 Triton TR 61/76/88.
                        Support: Support for Korg Karma.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed reading of Korg Triton PCGs with MOSS programs.

Jon Lord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated version: 0.2.1.78 Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
When programs are moved, automatically the combis and set list slots using those programs will be fixed.
This is a killer feature that will be very useful, thanks!

Also added a link to this thread from my site and added few screenshots, hope you don't mind Smile
http://korgpatches.com/tools/

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated version: 0.2.1.78 Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
A new version is released.

Also now it is possible to move programs, combis and set list slots within a single bank. Moving to other banks will be a later update.

When combis are moved, automatically the set list slots using those combis will be fixed.
[/code]

Testing new version against Triton (w/MOSS), M3, M50, and Kronos now.

Quick question. Is it possible to allow multiple selects of programs or combis for moving? For example, we play groups of songs together all the time. Instead of moving each patch separately, I'd like to grab the whole group and move them within the bank.

Other than that, GREAT new add-on. Great work!
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way,

I think I've uncovered a bug with the Set List function (for the Kronos obviously). If you create a set list and don't give any of the songs in the set list a name, the set list doesn't show up in the list of available set lists to modify. Right now, it's only showing 0 and 1 when there should also be a 2. I threw a bunch of progs/combis into a setlist (which has a name of "soundcheck essentials".

thanks,

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 4 of 61

Jump to: