Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa3X vs. Pa1X Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike-pol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Korg Pa3X vs. Pa1X Pro Reply with quote

Hello.
I am owner of Pa1XPro, skipped Pa2X and now I am thinking of Pa3X. I guess many of you guys compared these two instruments , so can you please advice me is it really worth it and what advantages do i get making such change. I am in Poland, and well, the price I could probably get for my "old" Pa1X is around one third of Pa3X price, so rather huge differemce for me. But if it is worth it considering the quality of sound and overall features? I would appreciate your opinions.
Greetings from Warsaw
Mike
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are deeper mastering tools on the PA3X , larger memory for sampling and playing samples that you might purchase externally , a number of newer styles but the majority of styles will already be avalbale on your PA1X. A number of newer better sounds etc

But......

The only way you can honestly tell whether the PA3X is better for your needs than the PA1X is by playing it yourself and then deciding if its worth 3x as much more money than what you already have for the greater features. If you have the cash readily available and you dont need it for anything else , its an easier decision for you to make if you just want the newest model of PA Arranger..
Mike-pol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Worth.
Well, it will be difficult to find a store in Poland, where they would have both Pa1 and Pa3 on stock to do A to B comparison. Have anyone had such chance to check it out that way?
Btw, what is MaxxAudio thing - is that computer software to be used with DAW, or is is a part of Pa3X itself, so it can be operated without computer - sorry, but I am still from old age where players used just dedicated keyborad and synthesizers - without computer connetcion:), so another words i am still computer-proof guy.
Greetings,
Mike
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Firstly, a belated "welcome to the forums".
I moved from PA1XPro to PA2XPro with no regrets or feeling that I had not got enough for my money.
We all have different needs but I reckon you will love the jump from PA1XPro to PA3X.
I thought the sound quality of the PA2Xpro was far better and more flexible than the PA1Xpro, but don't get me wrong, the PA1XPro is an awesome board.

The MaxxAudio suite is on-board. Grab yourself a copy of the User and Advanced Manuals at:-
http://www.korgpa.com
These should answer a lot of your questions.

All the best

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike-pol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Pete Smile Good to join such group of nice people.
All teh best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: