Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

73 arrived-screen blank
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mailman71

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: 73 arrived-screen blank Reply with quote

After months of waiting I received my 73 from MusiciansFriend today.Box looks good-keyboard looks good, turn it on and I wait and wait for some signs of life in the display but its blank.- I look on the back for some brightness knob but none. I play it for awhile- I owed a m50 so am able to get around enough without the screen to check out the combis and programs. The touch part of the screen works- beeps when touched- just dont know what the para is. In the manual it says if blankscreen push global than exit twice- then press and hold enter and press six. This does nothing for me, Does anyone know of anything else to try before I box it up and send it back then wait some more. This is very disappointing!!!!
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry that you're having difficulties. Since you mention Musician's Friend, I assume you're in the USA. If so, please contact Korg USA; they should be able to help.

KORG U.S.A. INC.
316 South Service Road, Melville, NY 11747
P:631.390.8737
F:631.390.8738
(Monday through Friday, 1 PM - 5 PM, Eastern Time)
email: support@korgusa.com

Best regards,

Dan

Edit: corrected phone numbers
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com

Last edited by danatkorg on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you see anything on the screen if you shine a very bright light on it?
Mailman71

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:

No cant see a thing , the screen never changes in color or brightness from off to on , but like i said the touch response works. I wonder if there is a data or power cable loose . Im half-tempted to open it up and look
Bach42t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman71 wrote:
madbeatzyo111 wrote:

Im half-tempted to open it up and look

I wouldn't do that if I were you... I would be patient and call Korg up, especially since it's fresh under warranty.
Mailman71

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
I'm very sorry that you're having difficulties. Since you mention Musician's Friend, I assume you're in the USA. If so, please contact Korg USA; they should be able to help.

KORG U.S.A. INC.
316 South Service Road, Melville, NY 11747
T:1-516-333-9100
F:1-516-333-9108
email: support@korgusa.com

Best regards,

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan- Phone #1-516-333-9100 was busy when I tried it so I emailed support- waiting for response.
Mailman71

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach42t wrote:
Mailman71 wrote:
madbeatzyo111 wrote:

Im half-tempted to open it up and look

I wouldn't do that if I were you... I would be patient and call Korg up, especially since it's fresh under warranty.

Dont worry, the stupid half of me is tempted- the smart half is old enough to know better.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman71 wrote:

Thanks for the info Dan- Phone #1-516-333-9100 was busy when I tried it so I emailed support- waiting for response.

If you want a quick response I would suggest calling.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman71 wrote:

Isn't that a bit worrying that the customer support line is busy? Either means Korg is completely inundated with complaints/issues or there's only one guy/girl sitting there taking the calls!

Either way, not reassuring...

Hope you get your problem sorted soon and you can get to enjoy making music with her!
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the power connection to the LCD module came loose as opposed to the backlight being damaged. The touchscreen still works because it is a separate stack overlaid on top of the LCD and data about what should be onscreen is fed to it directly from the video card.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited my original post, but just to make sure that it's noticed: I had posted old phone numbers for Korg USA's product support. The correct numbers are:

P:631.390.8737
F:631.390.8738
(Monday through Friday, 1 PM - 5 PM, Eastern Time)
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Mailman71

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg support email me today and said its sounds like a hardware problem-and I should return it where purchased. Im sending it back and hopefully wont have to wait to long for a replacement.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that sticks...but its your best move. It really sounds like a loose connection internally. Sometimes, its just a reality, these things happen in shipping....post factory. Shipping companies can be pretty brutal on our precious cargo at times. Whether by accident or as just standard fare. The reality is....you have no way of knowing what your carton has been through on its way to you. One good solid drop...or drop of another carton on top of it.....could loosen such a connector. Its often not visible "damage" to the carton.....as much as man handling (or machine handling) of your carton, and all the ones around it which it may come in contact with. You truly have my empathy!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.

Last edited by RonF on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman71 wrote:
Korg support email me today and said its sounds like a hardware problem-and I should return it where purchased. Im sending it back and hopefully wont have to wait to long for a replacement.

I would suggest calling MF to see if they can move you to the front of the order list (assuming they have one) since your Kronos 73 was defective.

Hopefully they can get you a new keyboard soon.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
I know that sticks...but its your best move. It really sounds like a loose connection internally. Sometimes, its just a reality, these things happen in shipping....post factory. Shipping companies can be pretty brutal on our precious cargo at times. Whether by accident or as just standard fare. The reality is....you have no way of knowing what your carton has been through on its way to you. One good solid drop...or drop of another carton on top of it.....could loosen such a connector. Its often not visible "damage" to the carton.....as much as man handling (or machine handling) of your carton, and all the ones around it which it may come in contact with. You truly have my empathy!

Yeah and anything that can knock loose a connection like that (assuming it was connected properly in the first place) is going to cause damage elsewhere as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: