Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what home monitors do you suggest for PA3X?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deliad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: what home monitors do you suggest for PA3X? Reply with quote

Hi,

i have the PAAS with my pa3x and i'm not satisfied from the quality of the speaker , i get alot of screth noises on high volume ,

what are the best 4 inch monitors do you suggest to enjoy the pa3x sound at home? to enjoy bass and depth crystal sound

thanks
Hanon_CTS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: what home monitors do you suggest for PA3X? Reply with quote

deliad wrote:
Hi,

i have the PAAS with my pa3x and i'm not satisfied from the quality of the speaker , i get alot of screth noises on high volume ,

what are the best 4 inch monitors do you suggest to enjoy the pa3x sound at home? to enjoy bass and depth crystal sound

thanks

Hello deliad,
Welcome to the forum!

You're not going to get the bass response that you want out of 4" speakers.
If you're intent on getting some 4" powered monitors, then you should also consider getting an 8 or 10" powered sub to carry frequencies below 75Hz like the M-Audio SBX10

These 5" active monitors would be a good match for it:
M-Audio BX5a Deluxe
deliad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

hi Hanon_CTS,

Thanks for advising,

btw , i have a problems of noises from the ceiling on the low frequencies ,
my ceiling made from gypsum (only the ceiling) the walls are from concrete

do you think that Noise Absorbers would solve that problem?
ozzie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the PaAs instead?
Hanon_CTS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks Reply with quote

deliad wrote:
hi Hanon_CTS,

Thanks for advising,

btw , i have a problems of noises from the ceiling on the low frequencies ,
my ceiling made from gypsum (only the ceiling) the walls are from concrete

do you think that Noise Absorbers would solve that problem?

Hi deliad,
No, I don't think that "Noise Absorbers" would solve the problem.
I think the problem may be structural in nature.
If you're having low frequency resonance issues with the gypsum ceiling, it may not be secured to the roof studs at frequent enough intervals.

You may want to get that looked at Wink

Cheers, Hanon
centauramp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Solving Home monitors and room EQ problems. Reply with quote

I am a manufacture of sound equipment and have been at it for over 30 years. Sound can be very tricky. I have a PA1XPro I was using a pair of Audix PH15 there 5 1/4 inch with tweeter and 45 Watts RMS each side. At one time every Guitar Center in the USA had these mounted on the walls of the entire keyboard room to demo the keyboards. These worked good with my Roland XP80 but once I got the PA1X Pro I needed much more. I tried the KRK Rokit 8 they sounded good but not enough power 90 watts Each. I ended up with the KRK VXT 8 180 watts RMS of power with built in limiter. Now I can play very hard and no break up. These are not for live gigs however they are very heavy and no cover on the 8 inch speaker. They do have mounting threads on the bottom for mounting to stands. In a small room they put out a lot of bass, but in a large hall or club for get it. I use these with a 2 12 inch powered bass enclosure, I send the bass track on direct out 1, to this amp to take off the load off the 8 inch speakers. I did try the 350 watt KRK sub 10 inch, it's not the right kind of low's for the PA series.

As far as room EQ If you have cement floor put down some throw carpets, and if you have hard walls, hang some drapes, tapestries whatever. Now with front port or rear port speakers your better of to have them against the wall even if they are elevated. I tried my KRK VXT's in the middle of the room, no bass response. I put against the wall and what a differance. There are many Powered speakers out there, I choose the studio monitors because with today,s keyboards using so many sampled sounds and not synthesized, you need studio reference quality to properly reproduce the sounds. I choose the KRK VXT 8 after listening to M-Audio the Yamahas and some others. I know a lot of pros in the Los Ageles area they all ask how can I get the sound out of speakers that I get from my head phones. That's a very complex and difficult thing the do. If I could do it easily, I could retire. Good Luck Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: