Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg MICROSTATION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DV8R

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Korg MICROSTATION Reply with quote

What do you think about it? What is it capable of? Is it a better choice than the X-50 or PS60 (for home/studio and live)? Are the small keys hard to use? Does it only support patches like the X-50 or can you actually add and edit sounds like a real synth? Where can I get sounds for it if so?

I am considering the PS60 or MicroStation, still undecided.
DV8R

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has a MicroStation? Shocked
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit patches on the X50.

AFAIK the microStation can mostly be edited only from the software editor. I may be wrong on that. You can't load samples, though, same as the X50 and any other real synth (including the PS60). You need a full blown sampler or workstation to do that. Or the microSampler.

MicroStation and PS60 have very similar sound and editing possibilities, they were bought about the same time, have the same engine, and the same ROM. However the microStation has a sequencer and other features you'd find useful for working on songs at home.

The PS60 is a Performance Keyboard and is aimed at the kind of people who don't want to do any planning, they just want to hit a button that says 'strings'. I personally wouldn't buy one.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
splinters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a ps60 for that very reason; to make music quickly and easy. I am moving to DAW based stuff for songwriting so no need for a sequencer. Ps60 sounds great to me. Last board was an Alesis Fusion. It had so many sounds it was crazy....i only used about 20 regularly, so the PS60 has plenty for me.
Considered the microstation but i am a player first and I cannot play on a mini keyboard.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the PS60. Its just aimed at a completely different market.
Its an 'instant gratification' keyboard, whereas the microStation is more of an all round product more similar to Korg's higher end workstations. The Arpeggiators and FX routing are superior.

PS60 does have that neat design feature - where you press two buttons for example to layer 'Strings' and 'Synth' or more buttons even.

I also personally prefer a full size keyboard, but first owned a microKorg and have to admit, you can hit some crazy chords on those mini keys Shocked
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Korglee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tweaking of programs that I've attempted has all been done on the Microstation itself. I haven't used the software at all. It's worked out quite well for me - really quick to to get things going where I want them to go.
DV8R

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the MicroStation easy to learn and set up? What about for gigging?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: