Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any interest in Kurzweil K250 samples?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanon_CTS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Any interest in Kurzweil K250 samples? Reply with quote

I'm in the process of repairing/ restoring a vintage Kurzweil 250
Is anyone interested in samples of it?

Kurzweil has probably used the original set of samples from this 1984 vintage sampling flagship in every instrument up to the K2600

Cheers, Hanon
biggrime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Any interest in Kurzweil K250 samples? Reply with quote

Hanon_CTS wrote:

Kurzweil has probably used the original set of samples from this 1984 vintage sampling flagship in every instrument up to the K2600

Cheers, Hanon

I know I would be interested. In what format would u have it in?

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
Hanon_CTS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Any interest in Kurzweil K250 samples? Reply with quote

biggrime wrote:
Hanon_CTS wrote:

Cheers, Hanon

Hi Biggrime,
I'm going to do them in WAV format, stereo, 24bit 48KHz and as .KSC for single samples. Depending on how time consuming it becomes, I may put together the KMPs as well.

I'll keep you posted.
(Edit) pic added:

It looks like it might be a couple of weeks before I get this working again.

Cheers, Hanon
oasys76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Any interest in Kurzweil K250 samples? Reply with quote

Hanon_CTS wrote:
biggrime wrote:
Hanon_CTS wrote:

Cheers, Hanon

Hi Biggrime,
I'm going to do them in WAV format, stereo, 24bit 48KHz and as .KSC for single samples. Depending on how time consuming it becomes, I may put together the KMPs as well.

I'll keep you posted.
(Edit) pic added:

It looks like it might be a couple of weeks before I get this working again.

Cheers, Hanon

Hi Hanon,

Long time i'am looking for this! Please put me on your list Smile I need the samples in Korg KSC / KMP format. Hope you sample the complete internal rom!

Cheers Oasys 76
wirefall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Any interest in Kurzweil K250 samples? Reply with quote

Hanon_CTS wrote:

Cheers, Hanon

Kurzweil indeed used samples of very high quality. The later K1000 and K1200 have them in full 16 bit resolution, for the earlier K250 they where downsized to 12 bit. But as every channel of the 12 K250 voices has got it's very own circuitry with an own D/A converter, a K250 has got a special sound, that differs from the K1000 series.

I like the sound of my K250 and K250 RMX, use them a lot, though I have a lot of new stuff (NI and so on).

Good luck for your sampling, if you need help regarding the K250 please let me know. It could be worth to have a look at the K250 yahoo group, where you could get much help. The file section is loaded with stuff.
Hanon_CTS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Any interest in Kurzweil K250 samples? Reply with quote

wirefall wrote:

Kurzweil indeed used samples of very high quality. The later K1000 and K1200 have them in full 16 bit resolution, for the earlier K250 they where downsized to 12 bit. But as every channel of the 12 K250 voices has got it's very own circuitry with an own D/A converter, a K250 has got a special sound, that differs from the K1000 series.

I like the sound of my K250 and K250 RMX, use them a lot, though I have a lot of new stuff (NI and so on).

Good luck for your sampling, if you need help regarding the K250 please let me know. It could be worth to have a look at the K250 yahoo group, where you could get much help. The file section is loaded with stuff.

Thanks for the info wirefall,
I'll check it out
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would be interested too. Smile

jg::
jhulk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: k250 rom samples Reply with quote

yes i would be interested to
antron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Samples Reply with quote

How did you get on Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: