Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about the Korg microSTATION drum kits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Question about the Korg microSTATION drum kits. Reply with quote

I was wondering what vintage drum kits and ROM samples are available in the microSTATION. I downloaded both the manual and waveform list, but it doesn't really specify anything regarding what drum machines the sound sources came from.

What I'm hoping for is CR-78, TR-606, TR-808, Linn Drum and DMX kits. I asked awhile back on the Harmony Central forums, but no one knew. Unfortunately, no local dealer carries the microSTATION in my area, so I haven't been able to hear any of the drum kits in person.

Last edited by Re-Member on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnny Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what samples are used for the drums in the microstation, but here are two videos displaying the "audition" for them. Hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-6E8wAgcM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFRaT2jts30&feature=related
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. Kind of sounds like Power Kits 1 and 2 are Linn Drum & DMX sounds, while Hip Hop Kit 2 are Roland TR sounds. Kind of frustrating that they don't specify this in the manual. Roland romplers will typically put a model number or acronym to label some of their waveforms so you know what machines they sourced from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: