Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X50 EDITOR & SONAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAMARGOX50

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: X50 EDITOR & SONAR Reply with quote

Hi! I normally use my X50 as a midi device connected to my PC running Sonar (8 I think). I use several VSTs and it works fairly well.

I am trying to insert the X50 Plug-in Editor as a soft synth or VST and although I see signal going into Sonar (the volume bar lits) I can' hear it from my M-Audio Fast Track interface. All the inputs and outputs seem OK (1 midi track linked to another softsynth track and the output being the M-Audio interface).

I can use the X50 audio output to record sound as audio but it should work as midi as any other soft synth, shouldn't it?

Tks and sorry if this is a stupid question... I am quite new to all this.
Troy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered in direct email, but posting also my reply here in case anyone ever has the same question.

----------- ------------

OK. So I found a manual (Google searched for "x50 plugin editor") for your plugin editor. I think you should be able to play it, but it doesn’t look like it is a softsynth.

You are editing the patches, songs, etc. on your PC and any changes you save are saved into the keyboard. So be careful not to overwrite the keyboard if you don’t want to. I would save off a copy of the keyboard as-is the first thing, call it something like “factory defaults” Then you can start customizing and save to the keyboard any changes you make. Editing on the PC will be much easier/faster and you’ll hear the results right away, before you decide to save your edits.

Some pages in the [manual] show you how to connect it. You’ll use the USB to send MIDI from keyboard to PC. You’ll use audio from keyboard to interface to get audio into the PC, if you want. Or, audio from keyboard to sound system if you’re just playing live (for which you don’t really need the PC).

[Added for this post] Once you get everything in the keyboard customized (edited) the way you want it, save a full copy of that as well, calling it something like "my setup." Then you can revert to either the factory default state or your setup state easily at anytime.
Adrian4u

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a major issue with all editors - for microX, m50 and X-50 with SONAR and Ableton - only CUBASE works well with plugins/editors:

- if you want to use editor, you have to set in preferences / midi ports MIDI IN from your Korg INACTIVE!
If you'll set it as ACTIVE - plugin won't find your synth!!!!

So there is no way to use microX, m50 and X-50 with SONAR and Ableton as a controller...

Anyone fix this problem?
Anyone has a idea how to fix it?
Phenom II x6 1100T (OC to 6x 4,1gHz), 8gB DDR3/1333gHz RAM, Win7/64; Korgs: Z1, MicroX, M50, Triton Rack; NI Maschine; Behringer BCF2000, BCR2000; MOTU 828mk3 FW; Edirol Edirol UA-1000; guitars: Cort Z-Custom, LAG JET100 totally customed, Cort SFX-DAO; some other music toys, one very musical cat
risingsun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question, and I noticed that on my friend's computer I could use my Korg x50 as a controller on Sonar plugging it in using a midi-USB cable and I can't do it on my computer even though I took the exact same steps here and there. The only difference is that she has an M-AUDIO cardboard and interface, but the x50 wasn't even connected to the interface, so I don't think it would interfere in anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: