Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do anyone know how to work the touch screen on the korg kron

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taurgo Production

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: do anyone know how to work the touch screen on the korg kron Reply with quote

In seq mode i touch the pan, and vol they light up but when i try to move them with my finger tips nothing happens can someone explain to me how this was suppose to work. Is it something you must turn on to make this work.
I also did a touch panel calibration.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You use the value slider or the data wheel to move the pan from left to right, etc.

This is a standard approach with the Korg interface. Highlight what you want to change, then use either the wheel or the slider to change its value.

It's the same with all korg Touchview interfaces since the Trinity I think (Dan will correct me if I'm wrong!).

But you just need to get the workflow in your head. Touch what you want to change, then manually change the value.
taurgo Production

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm so use to the Ipad 2. Laughing
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: do anyone know how to work the touch screen on the korg Reply with quote

taurgo Production wrote:
In seq mode i touch the pan, and vol they light up but when i try to move them with my finger tips nothing happens can someone explain to me how this was suppose to work. Is it something you must turn on to make this work.
I also did a touch panel calibration.

CONTROL ASSIGN buttons
As explained below, you can use the front panel CONTROL ASSIGN buttons to switch between the various control surface functions.

TIMBRE/TRACK lets you use the control surface to adjust the volume, pan, EQ, and send levels for OSC 1/2 or EXi 1/2 in Program mode (plus similar controls for the Drum Track, with the exception of pan), the current Multisample in Sample mode,
and each of the 16 Timbres or Tracks in Combi and Sequence modes.

The LEDs to the right of the switch show whether you’re currently editing Timbres (or Tracks) 1‐8 or 9‐16; press the TIMBRE/TRACK button to toggle between the two.
taurgo Production

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
It's the same with all korg Touchview interfaces since the Trinity I think (Dan will correct me if I'm wrong!).

Yes, it was great to be able to change a value by rotating a virtual pot or by pushing a virtual fader on the touch screen of a Trinity.

It's a shame Korg dropped that function on the Triton. Maybe that's why the touch screen of the Triton had a better response time than the touch screen of the Trinity?

Anyway, now the processors are powerful enough to handle such a function, aren't they?

Please don't tell me an Atom processor is not powerful enough to handle this function on a Kronos...
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it as more to do with infringing on someone else's patent than processing power, etc.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is possible on the M3, not going deeply like trinity with zoom function, but at least you can move faders...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: