Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some more days like these - and goodbye to Korg!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential Kronos customers in Germany have ...
... either already imported it from the US
... or found an alternative solution

I will reconsider a purchase only if the Kronos 88 goes for less than 3k EUR. Razz
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
twstone1983

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Your logic is sound, I agree. But over the last few years this debate has raged. My realistic view is that Korg produced the best keyboard they've ever developed and launched in the OASYS. But! Korg is a company that has to work within commercial reality.

Whilst the last statement was made in Nov 2009 (18 months ago), there has been nothing for the O since then. Korg's focus is now on the Kronos. It is therefore not logical for Korg to suddenly start doing things for the O.

That's the way I see it anyway - if Korg wants to prove me wrong, I'll be a happy chappy!

Oh I understand. Its kind of mirrors an MMO I used to play called Vanguard Saga of Heroes. It too has NOT had an update since 09 and whats funny is the CEO of the company that owns it promised that all games that have a subscription fee will get updates/support. Not to get off topic but it seems many companies would rather develop something new than support older stuff.

If I had to guess, I would say (especially since the disaster) that Korg may be having some financial trouble. The O is indeed one of the most fantastic intruments Korg has ever released. But with the price that was attached to it, not to many people can pop by their local dealer and say "Hey I think I'll get me an $8k Oasys." So they made a decision to basically repack the Oasys with a cheaper solution. Now everyone out there who has lusted for an O since 2005 but could never afford one are flocking to their dealers to pick a K up. Could be what Korg needs to get them back on their feet financially. Again its mere specutlation on my part.

Basically, with its price tag, the O was more of an elite niche type workstation that mainly pro studios and people like JR owned. The K the middle class man's O.

Current Gear: N364, TR88, Kross61, Art Pro MPA II, Studio Projects B1, Shure SM58/SM57, Behringer C1, Behringer XM8500, Yamaha MG 10/2, Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Steinberg CI2, Cubase AI 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: