Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweetwater shipping on the 8th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundsailer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

this is what there posting now

We've confirmed this item will ship soon from Korg and should arrive in our warehouse the week of 6/26. Go ahead, place your order now. We will ship it immediately, the very same day we receive it from Korg.

Why wait?
We have a great relationship with Korg and we'll receive this item as soon or sooner than anyone else in the country. We have the best service team in the industry, and free tech support for everything we sell.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:

Why wait?
We have a great relationship with Korg and we'll receive this item as soon or sooner than anyone else in the country. We have the best service team in the industry, and free tech support for everything we sell.

Sounds like somebody drank the Kool-Aid. I feel about the Sweetwater the way McHale feels about Roland. Laughing
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:

We've confirmed this item will ship soon from Korg and should arrive in our warehouse the week of 6/26. Go ahead, place your order now. We will ship it immediately, the very same day we receive it from Korg.

Why wait?

Not true, I just got off the phone, mine is do here Saturday.
The SW website was just updated.. must have had a glitch Smile
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for 61s it says:
Quote:
Yes, it's true! Our initial shipments of Kronos 61 have begun arriving, and we're filling as many pre-orders as we can.

And the 88s text was updated from (September) late summer to:
Quote:
The new Korg Kronos 88 s expected to begin shipping in limited quantities by July 2011.

Sounds like the 88s might arrive a bit earlier than anticipated.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Now for 61s it says:
Quote:
Yes, it's true! Our initial shipments of Kronos 61 have begun arriving, and we're filling as many pre-orders as we can.

And the 88s text was updated from (September) late summer to:
Quote:
The new Korg Kronos 88 s expected to begin shipping in limited quantities by July 2011.

Sounds like the 88s might arrive a bit earlier than anticipated.

This confirms my theory that Korg Canada was waiting for shipment for all models to start shipping in Canada.
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Why wait?

I don't see how they can claim to be receiving the Kronos 'as soon or sooner than anyone else' when people have already opened their Kronos all over the country.

I'm hoping to hear from them real soon - today - that my order has finally shipped.

I stopped using SW for a lot of things as Amazon often has the same price or better and ships quickly.

Let's hope this delay is just a temporary snag.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Why wait?

Lou, did you get a discount from the $2999?
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Lou wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Why wait?

I paid $2699 from www.proaudiostar.com on Monday and received it yesterday...free shipping, no tax.
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
Lou wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Why wait?

I don't see how they can claim to be receiving the Kronos 'as soon or sooner than anyone else' when people have already opened their Kronos all over the country.

I'm hoping to hear from them real soon - today - that my order has finally shipped.

I stopped using SW for a lot of things as Amazon often has the same price or better and ships quickly.

Let's hope this delay is just a temporary snag.

Sellers will claim just about anything. I should know.

I wonder what the internal policy is at SW concerning employee purchases of new gear. I'm guessing that a higher percentage of SW guys would buy the Kronos than employees at most other shops, which could lead to a supply problem for them. Usually the first batch of something is reserved for customers but I've seen firsthand the problems when it goes the other way, too. This is just a "for instance," though...I have no idea what they do. They're generally a smart company.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

Yes, $2799. Probably could have done a little better, but I'm ok with this.
rkuli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a call this morning stating that my board had arrived and would ship out today. Remember I was half way down the list - although I don't know how large the list was. If it was a big list, perhaps the delay was due to how many boards they were receiving from Korg.

Rumi

ex-ex SK5, PSS 680, DX7
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just cancelled my SW order after finding one for the same deal through Altomusic. Should ship today.

$2599

I did want the 73 version but did not want to wait another month or whatever.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater tweeted about four hours ago "First shipment of Korg Kronos 61 arrived today, enough to fill a bunch of lucky pre-order customers' orders. Congrats to them!..."

I wish we would hear something from Musicians Friend. I got a really good deal through them ($2549) so I am not anxious to change. But they have not made any announcements, have been evasive when directly asked, and are still showing 6/20 on their web site. To make matters worse, they won't let me change my shipping method so when it does ship, it is going ground and could take up to a week. Ugh.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
Just cancelled my SW order after finding one for the same deal through Altomusic. Should ship today.

$2599

I did want the 73 version but did not want to wait another month or whatever.

WOE! That some deal, they have it listed at $2999.
Who do you know? Smile

Congratulations!
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: here's the latest from sweetwater Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
sparkie wrote:

Yes, $2799. Probably could have done a little better, but I'm ok with this.

i paid $2750 but had to pay tax
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: