Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos came in today!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
jemkeys25 wrote:
not yet,just wasn't ready yet, trading in my M3,and need samples and sequences from it, had to check finances, so i'll be picking it up monday afternoon(6/6/11).

Let us know when you get it! Mine is shipping to me tomorrow...should have it by Thursday.

What store please? Thanx a lot
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
I'd appreciate very much testing such a machine with YOUR money Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Well.... could you float me a loan?? I'm good for it, trust meee... Cool

But seriously, I'd say unless someone is really picky, the CODE with a couple of those optional filters and Overdrive would replace four or five synths without a fuss. Lord knows what the price would be... but...

Moog filter
Oberheim filter
ARP 2600 filter
CS-80 filter
Up to eight voices... two oscs with a sub, and all waves available at once...

Gah, I'm doing it to myself again! I'm hopeless. Confused
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: This thing smokes... Reply with quote

panrixx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. What stand are you using? Have you a photo that shows it - a little further back?
jahrome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeroesque, can you check out the sturdiness of the data wheel. My data wheel keeps popping out.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you carefully inspect the internal of the wheel?
Maybe there is a hairline flaw/crack and is loosing retention.. Rolling Eyes
amosdef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there two thin strips of double sided tape forming an "X" on the bottom of the knob? It seems to help on mine to keep it in place for the most part. I can see possibly adding more tape if needed to get a better grip on the inner mechanism, but so far it's held on nicely for me
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The data wheel on the Kronos looks similar to the data wheel on the microX. Not the highest quality, but I've had no problems with it in 3 years of use. I can't get mine off of the microX. Seems to be glued in place. You need to talk to your dealer, maybe it can be repaired. Did it receive an impact, Which just fractured the glue bond?
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero, keep your hands from shaking when you take pics. Mr. Green
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so zero, give us a little review of Kronos! Very Happy
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
BillW wrote:
jemkeys25 wrote:
not yet,just wasn't ready yet, trading in my M3,and need samples and sequences from it, had to check finances, so i'll be picking it up monday afternoon(6/6/11).

Let us know when you get it! Mine is shipping to me tomorrow...should have it by Thursday.

What store please? Thanx a lot

I looked on Ebay yesterday and Pro Audio Star in NYC had 5 listed there. I called them and snagged the last one for $2699. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, thank you bill
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
okay, thank you bill

No problem. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, but I don't think there were any left anyway.
twstone1983

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zero, I have that same keyboard (computer keyboard that is...sadly Sad wish I was referring to the workstation)

Current Gear: N364, TR88, Kross61, Art Pro MPA II, Studio Projects B1, Shure SM58/SM57, Behringer C1, Behringer XM8500, Yamaha MG 10/2, Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Steinberg CI2, Cubase AI 6.
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
Looks great. What stand are you using? Have you a photo that shows it - a little further back?

It's the Quik Lok WS-550 and a few of the options (aka WS-500). They are rock-solid for large, heavy keyboards, though I have yet to come up w/ a really good 2nd tier. I'll need to try one of the other options, but I'm not sure how steady it will be. I also have another monitor stand, but I'm no longer using two monitors. For use w/ two keyboards, the monitor arm (not a QL product) was too short.

jahrome wrote:
Zeroesque, can you check out the sturdiness of the data wheel. My data wheel keeps popping out.

It seems like the MicroX wheel. I guess they liked that better than the older flat style w/ the finger dimple. It hasn't popped off and I wouldn't think it would other than your report, but I haven't used it much. I'm not too keen on trying to pry it off to examine the mechanism. Time will tell.

synthguy wrote:
Zero, keep your hands from shaking when you take pics. Mr. Green

LOL...yeah, I never get good shots w/ my phone! I'll take a better one w/ the 88 controller on the bottom, which is how I usually play anyway. Maybe we can start a "show us your Kronos" thread.

kimu wrote:
so zero, give us a little review of Kronos! Very Happy

I really only played the SGX-1 and EP-1 presets for a few hours and only a few minutes of the other engines. Here's what I can say: these sounds are gorgeous; very, very playable. If I had the Kronos in one hand and every other synth I've ever owned in the other (including software -- but never an Oasys), I'd take the Kronos. Absolutely a "desert island" keyboard.

The pianos are simply wonderful to play. I liked them after an hour and loved them after three (faster than I've ever acclimated to a new piano sound). I'll have to compare them to my other options but I might actually prefer them for recordings now. The EPs are awesome and a ton of fun w/ a rhythm track rolling in Karma. Best EPs I've played. All the other engines sound great, too, as we all know. I never spent more than an hour or two on an Oasys, so that will be a fun adventure over the coming months and years.

I know there's been a lot of talk about build quality and the screen. The box was well packed/protected. The keyboard itself is definitely sexy and feels very sturdy just moving it around. No flex or anything. It's a metal chassis and every bit as good as you would think of a flagship workstation.

The control layout is compact and seemingly well thought out. Might need a light or some bright tape for markers if you need to access buttons on a dark stage, but that's the case with all dark keyboards

The screen is very good and shows a lot of info...I think it will be fine for anyone that can read. Seriously, however you read books (reading glasses, etc), that's what you will use for deep editing of the Kronos. Just like using a computer, unless you're one of those people who jacks-up the font size and runs 640x480 on a 27" monitor. That person will have difficulty, but I'm sure they would have difficulty editing w/ most touchscreen synths (I'm NOT making fun of anyone with this comment). Set-list will be perfect for stage use. Basically, this touchscreen is great, and I wouldn't change it. I wouldn't even want it bigger because I like how compact the whole package is. It's shorter than my Karma.

I hope to hear opinions from the rest of you as you get your Kronoses (sp?) in the coming weeks and months! Lots of cool music to be made. Thanks again to Korg, Stephen and the artists for the closest thing I've seen to a perfect keyboard instrument. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: