Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Order Kronos from Taro Trade
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
o2tosin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Order Kronos from Taro Trade Reply with quote

I ordered my Kronos 61 from Taro's Trade today. I have previously ordered a Yamaha DDeck, and other misc items. Taro is great for sourcing Japanese items. His web site is www.tarotrade.com BTW this is not spam, If Korg users cant wait till August, Taro could source and ship well before then. Cool
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an awful experience with Taro Trade.

It's basically a mom-and-pop business (rather, a Mom-and-Son business: Taro Ogata and his mom or mother-in-law, whatever), I had to wait weeks for my purchase and received an incomplete package with no valid warranty. The guy couldn't even provide a tracking number for shipping...

I will never buy again, and won't recommend them (come on... won't recommend him, the guy works alone at home).

Internet allows anybody to pose as being some "Amazon.com" or "Sweetwater" when their only skill is building some sort of web page.

Trading internationally requires different skills, bigger shoulders and better capital.

My two cents before somebody gets burned on a big ticket like the Kronos.

Oh, oops, I forgot: greetings to O2tosin, aka Taro Ogata.

Welcome to the forum, Taro.

But spamming crude self-advertising is not the best way of stepping in a competent community.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting.

Taro is asking $3600 for the 61.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
very interesting.Taro is asking $3600 for the 61.

yummy!!!

A net 601 us$ rebate... no, wait: a net 601 us$ MARKUP on Sweetwater!

Don't miss the opportunity!

Subpar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
I had an awful experience with Taro Trade.

It's basically a mom-and-pop business (rather, a Mom-and-Son business: Taro Ogata and his mom or mother-in-law, whatever), I had to wait weeks for my purchase and received an incomplete package with no valid warranty. The guy couldn't even provide a tracking number for shipping...

I will never buy again, and won't recommend them (come on... won't recommend him, the guy works alone at home).

Internet allows anybody to pose as being some "Amazon.com" or "Sweetwater" when their only skill is building some sort of web page.

Trading internationally requires different skills, bigger shoulders and better capital.

My two cents before somebody gets burned on a big ticket like the Kronos.

Oh, oops, I forgot: greetings to O2tosin, aka Taro Ogata.

Welcome to the forum, Taro.

But spamming crude self-advertising is not the best way of stepping in a competent community.

OWNED!!!!! Laughing

Dustin
Aka Subpar
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£2217 ... pretty good price, i have purchased reasonably high value items from japan before and not had any issue's but not from this guy !!! and going by the experience OZY had i'll give him a miss, also if it gets stopped by customs their's gonna be one hell of a tax charge which would put it above the UK price
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
o2tosin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Ozy --I guess what you are trying to say is one of us is a Troll. Care to Bet $5000 AUD that I am NOT Taro and everything I wrote is genuine?, I will settle for you to send a Pic of your bare bum in Bourke St with "Sorry O2TOSIN" written on it.

Ozy I am not suggesting that Taro is

1. The Cheapest
2. A big concern

But he is honest. Did you note that he has positive feedback from a lot of his customers. I approached Taro to import a Ddeck as Yamaha Australia stopped importing Electones many years ago. I was amazed at his very prompt service- he was still on Ebay at the time. He priced the items very quickly. As a business he is entitled to a 15% markup. I will post details the transaction to prove I am NOT trolling. I have bought a BC3, Yamaha electone books from Taro.

Given that Japan is a large affluent country with a language and cultural barrier it is wonderful to have a "Friend" willing to source second hand or orphan goods. If you look at yahoo Japan (the closest thing they have to Ebay) you will notice Japanese have a different take on used goods value.

Anyway, I will happily post the Customs and invoice to prove Im not trolling, and then Ozy will have to apologise to Taro and Me. Youtube of a blues dity "Kronos interuptus" will be dedicated to Ozy my favorite Troll!
Question]]I would like Ozy to detail the item he bought from Taro, how the package was incomplete, and the waiting time because has has now made me scared Rolling Eyes

BTW Yes Novamusik has offered a cheap preorder price but the way the US economy has tanked I have very real reservations about them being able to deliver in3 months time (takes off prophets hat). Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Liar Liar Liar Liar

Last edited by o2tosin on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the Kronos does not reach here before middle of July. I wonder what is the customs charge if I purchase one there and bring it back with me? I wonder. I'm going on tour there.
panrixx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
Assuming the Kronos does not reach here before middle of July. I wonder what is the customs charge if I purchase one there and bring it back with me? I wonder. I'm going on tour there.

In the UK it's

A) price plus shipping at 5% import duty, then

B) 20% added to the total of (A)

So, add 26% to the cost of the goods plus shipping.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no warranty
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I guess I don't have to worry about it now. I guess shipments have made it to the US.

Aron
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
I guess shipments have made it to the US.

yup.

Taro/O2tosin's 15 minutes of fame have lasted 12 minutes and a half.

o2tosin wrote:
I have bought a BC3, Yamaha electone books

cool.

A breath control headset and a collection of home organ transcriptions of Greensleaves, Jingle Bells and Feelings.

That makes a grand total of 200 us$.

You are definitely a certified testimonial for a 3/4000 us$ purchase.
o2tosin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozy you are an Uber Troll!

Still havent fessed up details of your alleged bad business experience.
Sorry you overlooked my "DDeck" Stagea package which is about $8000 AUD! delivered and post GST. The DDECK is not available through Yamaha Australia (In fact the pleasant Steven Jerkic that ordered upgrade parts for another Electone told me Yamaha dont make Electones!).

I have done >$12000 AUD business with Taro so far. Wink

Just to let you know about Ddeck, it is basically an electone in combo organ packaging. The books were 50th Anniversary Box 1&2.

https://www.tarotrade.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91:customer-feedback-from-sally-from-ballarat-australia&catid=15:customer-feedback&Itemid=42
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o2tosin wrote:
Still havent fessed up details of your alleged bad business experience.

I ordered a yamaha vl70m, "brand new mint condition all accessories yadda yadda yadda".

I paid.

I waited 20 days for a tracking number. Taro made all kind of escuses.

I got the box after two months

It got no warranty.

It got no power supply

It got no bc3

No manual either.

But above all:

The unit was faulty, I had it to be serviced, I spent 100 euros.

I complained with Taro, I posted a negative feedback on e-bay, and he THREATENED me! Shocked The NERVE!

Taro Ogata of TAROTRADE is a gangster. Worse: he is an INCOMPETENT gangster.

Tony Soprano would have threatened me, but would have delivered a working unit. Quickly, hassle-free, quietly.

But of course Tony Soprano is not an old teenager who works from his momma's living room:

Does this look like the kind of "company" you can entrust with 4000 bucks paid in advance?

Happy now? You got "the details".

Now go make out with your hamster, loser
o2tosin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozy, I feel really sorry for you... Too much Dopamine in the old frontal cortex. So it was a bad Ebay experience, NOT a Taro Trade Experience. It helps trust that I live 90Km from Taro... and I am kind of glad you are in Europe somewhere.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: