Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Endless Rotary Encoders and Motorized faders w/LED indicaters? Heck, if Behringer can do it...! Shocked
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than likely anything on this wish list, except for minor software changes, will be realistically considered on the Kronos replacement. Considering the state of hardware synth workstations and other current events, Korg has a lot more time before that is necessary. Like I said in another thread, the lifespan for the Kronos is likely to be 7-10 years. Its already 5 and nothing else is comparable on many different levels.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
media-igor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KMP wrote:
How about Endless Rotary Encoders and Motorized faders w/LED indicaters? Heck, if Behringer can do it...! Shocked

Yes, of course, it would be very good for "live" performances! Of course, Korg had tried reduce the cost of Kronos (compared to OASYS). But on the stage (in the dark) it is very difficult to navigate in the controllers (all black on black casing)! I would not regretted the extra money for a more comfortable light decoration regulators (preferably LEDs in different colors)!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SST through more than one Program or Combi change.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPROBERTLA wrote:
More than likely anything on this wish list, except for minor software changes, will be realistically considered on the Kronos replacement. Considering the state of hardware synth workstations and other current events, Korg has a lot more time before that is necessary. Like I said in another thread, the lifespan for the Kronos is likely to be 7-10 years. Its already 5 and nothing else is comparable on many different levels.

I think you're absolutely right. Yamaha and Roland don't appear to be even trying to compete although I think that if they tried, they could. The Oasys just blew everybody away but for most of us the price was unreachable. When the Kronos came out, now most people could afford what has turned out to be the cutting edge workstation.Sure we can all think of improvements and some of them even do get implemented but I think for any seriously major changes, these will come in the kronos' replacement.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
tim.condon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several feature requests mostly related to live performance (tl;dr in bold):

1. It would be nice to have a way to navigate the setlist from other modes - say by holding "setlist" and "arrow-up" or "arrow-down" at the same time, for example.

2. It would be useful to set tempo for each set list entry (just like you can set transpose for each entry).

3. It would be nice to save whether the drum track is enabled with a combi/program so that switching to the corresponding sound from the set list immediately starts (just) the drum track.

4. It's inconvenient to manually delete "orphaned" IFX. Could we get a "Clear orphaned IFX" option from the drop down, or add multi-select for the "cut IFX" command?

5. Currently, if you go to setlist mode, select a combi (or program), play and sustain a chord, then switch to combi (or program) mode, the Kronos correctly selects corresponding combi (or program) within that mode. However, it *also* also engages SST even though the sound hasn't changed (just the mode has). This causes some immediate problems (such as disabling the drum track), as well as longer term problems if you then switch back setlist mode without replaying all the keys (the sound just cuts out). This seems like a bug to me; if you're switching *modes* but *not* sounds (especially if there's no setlist transpose) I don't see a reason to engage SST.

6. Unmuting individual tracks in a combi while sustaining a chord currently causes these tracks to immediately cut in. Would it be possible to either delay activating the sound until the next keypress OR use SST to treat this as a new sound? I work around this problem by creating several combis with each permutation I need, then selecting them in the setlist (to get SST), but this seems like a heavyweight approach to the (relatively) simple problem of just adding and removing voices to the mix.

Alternately, if anyone has workarounds for any of the issues I've described, please share!
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Unmuting individual tracks in a combi while sustaining a chord currently causes these tracks to immediately cut in

Turn live mutes on and this will do what you want and you get polyphony back!

> It would be useful to set tempo for each set list entry

Thanks! YES!

Others are great as well
Spryx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Better FX

2. View notes in sequencer
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loading Triton songs (even if we would to remap the sounds after) that would be great. I have saved and kept all my Triton songs and project files (in the Triton format) on hard drives (but not in midi format) so it would be great.At least for me Wink

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
loading Triton songs (even if we would to remap the sounds after) that would be great. I have saved and kept all my Triton songs and project files (in the Triton format) on hard drives (but not in midi format) so it would be great.At least for me Wink

M3 songs too.
Petertl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programmable shutdown keys for RPPR patterns so I can assign RPPR patterns to notes not on my 61 key keybed, but trigger them with an external controller pleeeeeeeeeease Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy signed up to these forums just to request this hehehe
chini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Song parameter lock Reply with quote

A simple tick box in in the sequencer settings that prevent inadvertent adjustment of parameters or the same method of saving as in program or combie …

The sequencer is great but it's mighty annoying if you suddenly find your carefully created song has had some of its timbres sounds change because you happened to send the Kronos a patch change inadvertently while the song was still open on its edit screen. Likewise brushing any slider or knob on the control panel by mistake can also instantly change parameters in the song.

A simple "protect" switch would be all thats necessary here. Currently when you change a parameter in a song (sequence) if you don't use the compare button to undo the last inadvertent parameter change its automatically saved in that state! I think actually the same saving function used in combie and program should be used for song/sequencer too!

Always be true to yourself
SteelBreeze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the advantage of Flash Memory (Like Kurzweil's "Flash-Play") to store the ROM data (Altering and deviating abit from Kronos unique "you decide the what's the ROM"), and saving the disk streaming to the user samples. It's a vision that might not be implemented in a Kronos\successor, but I hope Korg will do that in a future instrument. This could save a lot of boot time and bring a machine that enjoys the best of both worlds.
CEB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more assignable expression pedal input would be really nice.
chini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Song to combie Reply with quote

One can currently copy from program or combie to song but it would be useful to be able to copy timbre settings from song back to combie.

Always be true to yourself
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 47 of 50

Jump to: