Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm... I wish the next updates will have 5 million presets for free insted of the, like, 1 million that already exists. I also wish that it had 29 synth engines instead of the 9 that it has already. Compatibility with all sample formats that exist on the planet so I can convert any sample/patch library on the planet to the Kronos without having to bother with any more work than select the library and press "convert".
It would also be killer if I could play it without actually having to play the keys.
And if it could weigh as much as a cotton ball and be built like a German tank that would also be great Cool
Ohh... And if it could make a nice Italian expresso it would be killer... Laughing

Now seriously guys.... When will enough be enough? The Kronos already has features to keep anyone busy for the next decade ay least. Apart from minute bug fixes and better quality hardware, its very close to perfect Wink

Cheers
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
steeve76

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
steeve76 wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
What do you mean a way to put a program in a combi? You can do this unless you mean something I don't understand.

I can't find the way, while in program mode.....

In Combi Mode, select the Menu Button and choose "Copy From Program". That's all there is to it. Smile

Thank you! I usually use that funtion only to copy the FX chain from a program to a combi! Smile
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorgemncardoso wrote:

Now seriously guys.... When will enough be enough? The Kronos already has features to keep anyone busy for the next decade ay least. Apart from minute bug fixes and better quality hardware, its very close to perfect Wink

Cheers

But seriously, it's *not* and that's the problem. It's an amazing workstation but it doesn't suit everyone's needs which is why there are requests.

Right now, my biggest request is more polyphony and Open VST support for more engines. There are certain things the current engine simply can't do, and there are polyphony restrictions which personally I run into VERY frequently as of late.
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
jorgemncardoso wrote:

Cheers

But seriously, it's *not* and that's the problem. It's an amazing workstation but it doesn't suit everyone's needs which is why there are requests.

Right now, my biggest request is more polyphony and Open VST support for more engines. There are certain things the current engine simply can't do, and there are polyphony restrictions which personally I run into VERY frequently as of late.

I know its not perfect obviously, I was goofing around a bit. Laughing

But if course it doesn't suit everyone's needs. It would be unrealistic to expect so.That's why we have several different keyboards, modules and vst's. Well,.. at least I do anyway... Rolling Eyes

I for one could not think of anything I could need from my keyboards (realistically) that they couldn't do, but that's for my needs obviously.

However I'm curious, you said that you need more polifony and more synth engines. Can you give some specific examples on where you need both, and in what cases?
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
Escapegoat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound a bit odd, but I wish the AL-1 synth had a 'skin'. It looks very uninteresting as a collection of plain text+box pages.

Not doubting the sound design potential but that interface does not invite exploration.

(Caveat: newbie with 6 days' Kronos experience, may change opinion at any moment, etc.)
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorgemncardoso wrote:

However I'm curious, you said that you need more polifony and more synth engines. Can you give some specific examples on where you need both, and in what cases?

Polyphony: Any time you have any sets of layers using Karma, there's usually voice stealing going on. Especially it seems on the orchestral setups, even sometimes without KARMA enabled, there are voices that simply drop out.

More specifically, with my own programming, most of my single-board performance Combi's use between 10-14 layers and I frequently run out of polyphony. I have to sacrifice certain sounds that I want built with a particular synth engine because it takes too much CPU power, or I have to go back to existing sounds and re-program them in a different engine so I can creatively regain some lost polyphony. (For example, using some synth saw sounds. They sound better in the AL-1 synth but take up more CPU power so I have to go back afterwards and re-program them in the HD-1 engine so I can reclaim some of the polyphony)

Talking about examples of engines:

Using the AL-1 engine, I had a sound that needed to be erratic. I programmed it originally on the Kurzweil 2600 and one of the parameters was to assign the pitch of a sound to LFO1, but have the range be in the order of 6 octaves. I can only get 2 octaves at best with some clever workarounds. My only other alternative is to sample the sound dry from the Kurzweil directly and load it that way into the Kronos which I've considered but I would really prefer to program it so you have more control.

These are just examples that have shown up for me in the last few weeks, but I come across stuff like this all the time. Maybe I'm not your stereotypical user, but my specific use case requires more from the Kronos than it can offer in it's current iteration, hence the request for more polyphony and alternate engines.

I would love to have a "low cpu power" version of the AL-1 engine which has only the two basic oscillators (None of the sub-oscillators, noise generator, sync oscillator, etc.) and filter and basic LFO/ADSR/EG control but very high polyphony. A LOT of my sounds don't necessarily take advantage of those extra features within the AL-1 engine, but my impression is that even with the volume on those oscillators at 0, they still need to be assigned because something could trigger them or change the volume on them at any time.

I wish instead of a whole new dedicated engine, for a checkbox that would simply disable the extra aspects of each AL-1 oscillator. Just a simple "On/Off" option, which could free up polyphony.
Windsofsoul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A menu drop down list within the Sequencer"s Midi Event Viewer allowing you to quickly choose the tracks you wish to edit as opposed to having to exit and change the track and then reenter each time. This would be much more efficient.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simply that : A time display in the sequencer. Very useful.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Gaston

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish that when sometimes I come up with really great new sound sets of timbres while play in song mode that I could easily just save them as new combis in my user banks and set lists.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually for any audio sync witn an external audio digital recorder, the Kronos can only act as a master midi controller. It would be very usefull that in the future the Kronos could audio/sync as a slave.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
richforman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks in, my wish list is pretty tiny things, here's one (correct me if you can do this but I don't think so) - when in Combi mode, you take the "Copy from Program" option, you can't browse through programs by Category, only by the banks, this seems like an oversight to me. I don't know about you but when I search for patches it's always by category. So in that (very common!) scenario, I have to bounce over to program mode, browse by category *there* which you can do until I pick what sound I want, then go back to Combi mode (at least happily it is smart enough to then offer my previously selected Program as the default choice for Copy From Program).
richforman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna chime in with a few more as I think of them, and they are all going to be ridiculously trivial. I love the option to assign different colors to set list slots, very nice touch but I wish there were a lot more colors to choose between from and it doesn't seem like that would have been to hard. Am I missing anything (relatively new Kronos owner, just a few weeks in like I mentioned), it's just those 16 hard-coded colors, right, no way to see any others?
lcceo22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject: Piano roll and/or grid or x0x style step sequencer. Reply with quote

Man.... I hate to see apologists in these forums that have to spam these sorts of posts with their sarcasm and brand worship.

Kronos is great but by no means perfect. Pretty much every product in the field- or existence, really- has something consumers would like to improve upon. The point of this thread is to discuss things we’d like to see added to it, but that doesn’t mean we’re unhappy with it as is. Nobody is asking for any of these ridiculously over the top features to warrant smug remarks like the bit about five million presets and to weigh as much as a cotton ball.

I don’t really care if it has a million features. I’ve never used, needed, or wanted 1/20th of the feature set of anything I’ve ever used to make music and my guess is that’s true for most people. There are certain things that are WIDELY wanted by many users however, and it’s ridiculous to see them so consistently mocked and shot down.

Take the desire for a piano roll: I’ve seen so many posts talking about how the Kronos does so much, you should just do that in a DAW, etc.

Well... OBVIOUSLY we all work around such limitations, but it’s a perfectly reasonable thing to want in such a “swiss army knife” workstation with a million features that will “keep you busy forever”, as has been described on this site.

a piano roll or, even better, a grid-based step sequencer modelled after the one Maschine uses through its pads or, at a minimum, an x0x style sequencer would do wonders for programming drums within Kronos. It would pretty much eliminate any need for outboard gear that I have personally.

Aside from coveting the MOXF guitar patches there’s nothing else I’d really need. Ido have certain patches in my Cubase setup that I’d use as an external sound module but there’s ultimately very little I’d go outside the box for. I’d personally rather do everything in the box and fail to see why so many people feel the need to act like petulant children at the mere notion that OTHER PEOPLE might want a few features that work better for them. Heaven forbid! All we can do is ask and pose the notion. Korg will do whatever they do and we’ll all just make do when it comes to those features that it does lack.
lcceo22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorgemncardoso wrote:
Humm... I wish the next updates will have 5 million presets for free insted of the, like, 1 million that already exists. I also wish that it had 29 synth engines instead of the 9 that it has already. Compatibility with all sample formats that exist on the planet so I can convert any sample/patch library on the planet to the Kronos without having to bother with any more work than select the library and press "convert".
It would also be killer if I could play it without actually having to play the keys.
And if it could weigh as much as a cotton ball and be built like a German tank that would also be great Cool
Ohh... And if it could make a nice Italian expresso it would be killer... Laughing

Cheers

Blech.

I dunno, when will people stop making smug posts like this?

From the tone of your post I can only assume that you find every product you've ever used ever to be perfectly to your need and liking and you've never, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever encountered a limitation in anything that made you wish for a fix or update for said limitation.

I imagine you've never had poor service in a store or restaurant where you loved the product or meal or driven a car that you loved but disliked an element of or watched a show or movie or read a book that you loved but found a few things wanting that, if corrected in some small way, could/would elevate said product into a whole new level of greatness.

You must be perfectly satisfied with all things, all the time, in every conceivable facet of your life.

You would also be a unicorn in Utopia in that case and if so I have a million questions for you because I'm completely fascinated.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richforman wrote:
A few weeks in, my wish list is pretty tiny things, here's one (correct me if you can do this but I don't think so) - when in Combi mode, you take the "Copy from Program" option, you can't browse through programs by Category, only by the banks, this seems like an oversight to me. I don't know about you but when I search for patches it's always by category. So in that (very common!) scenario, I have to bounce over to program mode, browse by category *there* which you can do until I pick what sound I want, then go back to Combi mode (at least happily it is smart enough to then offer my previously selected Program as the default choice for Copy From Program).

When you're in Combi mode, and you're choosing which programs to use for a timbre/track, you have two choices. You can choose by program (the dropdown box above the Play/Mute button), or the choose by category (the bigger dropdown button above that). Use these choices in the mixer-like channel strip mode, rather than from the upper right dropdown menu. HTH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50

Jump to: